Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hazloon24
    • Jun 2023

Originally posted by Unicks
    Hazloon24 - Regarding the process.. I wouldn't leave it deflated when the ATBC is first applied or even with wrinkles as they tend to swell unevenly.. put it in the trunk of a car for a week, just flip it over once a day or take it out and play with it. You will see the PVC begin to soften after a few days, you may have to put a little effort into bouncing on it and the PVC will stretch and become very soft after a week.. just don't add more plasticizer as it will make it too soft and become a wubble.

A word of warning, these items that are treated with ATBC or any other plasticizer need to be stored away from other PVC items. I place treated items in poly bags for storage. I was reminded of this when I left one of the blue donuts deflated on my new IW seal's back.. it's extremely soft there now after a couple days of exposure. So the ATBC likes to migrate into other items.

Good luck.

U
    Might be something for me to try when I do not have the worry of family around, as it would be something I would have to pack away very quickly without much time to let it work. But I will definitely keep this in mind for the future, thank you.

Comment

• grizzleylooner
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Hazloon24

Those are the ones I was looking at, and it is a shame they have gone out of stock . Hopefully you get a positive resolution from support. Maybe I will try again soon with the assorted if they come back in to stock, and depending on how are packaged when they arrive for you (if you receive them)
      Qualatex have discontinued them, so they won't be back in stock. Unfortunately you just have to grab what you can while there's still some around.

Comment

• Hazloon24
        • Jun 2023

Originally posted by grizzleylooner

Qualatex have discontinued them, so they won't be back in stock. Unfortunately you just have to grab what you can while there's still some around.
        Oh that is a shame! Maybe I should have risked it and tried to order before they went then. Thank you for the help though!

Comment

• BeachBlast
          • Mar 2024

Originally posted by Unicks
          I have a few of the CanDo pvc donuts and they can make some real nice geos with a bit of ATBC and a few weeks time. I've tried this with the larger donut balls they offer (30-1954/5) or the red and blue ones and added almost 35ml of ATBC to the smaller ones and almost 50ml to the larger blue one... they eventually get balloon soft and still remain durable and very forgiving to overinflation.
          I've been looking for replacements for the Geo Donuts since they've been discontinued, I've seen some yoga donuts before but they all had those thick seams so an option without them and that can be softened has peaked my interest. My only question would be the diameter of the inside hole, it looks quite large, at least too large to play with them the way I could with Geo donuts which had a really good tightness in that inner hole. I'm not really interested if its just being able to sit on them (already got enough for that).

Comment

• Unicks
            • Nov 2020

BeachBlast - I can assure you, if you've already 'used' a Geo balloon and had no problems with the inside diameter then there will likely be no problem then. I will say this, the Geo's tend to be weak in the center during use and the donuts maintain a good grip if you know what I mean. You can also start out with the smaller CanDo donuts too, they do stretch nicely.

Using generic "Yoga donuts" is a hit and miss proposition, some do well with the ATBC and others turn to goo or never really soften. The CanDo balls are already quite soft and have fewer defects.. the mold seams, especially the inner is very thin and you can easily tear off the excess inside the hole. I've left it in place because once the plasticizer gets to it, there is an added bonus.

I have a blue 33.5" dia. donut from CanDo that has gotten extremely soft and the inside hole gets tighter and deeper with inflation, but you could possibly lube it up and stuff an 'insert' into the hole and use it that way too.

U

Comment

• grizzleylooner
              • Aug 2023

Oh that is a shame! Maybe I should have risked it and tried to order before they went then. Thank you for the help though!
              I think they still have the packs of 25 in a few colours, but they are basically the same price as the 50 assorted were. I tried to get 2 packs sent for the price of the 50 I orginally paid for but they won't do it so I settled for a discount on one pack and they're refunding the difference.

The pvc donuts sound like an interesting concept, I might have to get one when I start getting low on latex ones. Although I don't set out to pop my balloons, part of the turn on is pushing them way past what they're intended for so that they *could* pop. Not sure I'd get that from a PVC one...

Comment

• BeachBlast
                • Mar 2024

Unicks Thanks for the response, I'll certainly be getting a CanDO donut to try out.

Comment

• bloon234
                  • Feb 2022

How´s the hole size of this CanDO Donuts, they seem rather larger than a tight geo hole, but not easy to estimate.
                  I´ve tried one time a replica product from amazon and that was huge with a hole size over 5cm.

Comment

• Unicks
                    • Nov 2020

bloon234 - I am unaware of many 'replica' products, but you can compare measurements from their website mentioned earlier in this thread. 5cm is about the inner diameter of the orange donut or mid-range size.

U

Comment

• Hazloon24
                      • Jun 2023

I've just ordered some more so will be able to confirm about packaging when they arrive. Says delivery 11 - 17 march.
                      Hello, I thought I would return to this to see if you had much luck on them sending the alternative product, if so, how did they arrive? I saw recently that they are on the HomeLoft website again, so I might give it a go. That is if they have them back in stock.

Comment

• grizzleylooner
                        • Aug 2023

Hello, I thought I would return to this to see if you had much luck on them sending the alternative product, if so, how did they arrive? I saw recently that they are on the HomeLoft website again, so I might give it a go. That is if they have them back in stock.
                        They gave me a discount on a 25 pack of plain white, and refunded the difference from what I paid for the 50 assorted but it still worked out around 50% more per balloon. Packaging was a plain brown jiffy bag with the Evri / Hermes label stuck over the import label so nothing to say what was in it or where it came from.

I don't think they ever took the assorted ones off the website, so I suspect if you order them you'll get an email in about a week saying they don't have any....

Comment

• Hazloon24
                          • Jun 2023

They gave me a discount on a 25 pack of plain white, and refunded the difference from what I paid for the 50 assorted but it still worked out around 50% more per balloon. Packaging was a plain brown jiffy bag with the Evri / Hermes label stuck over the import label so nothing to say what was in it or where it came from.

I don't think they ever took the assorted ones off the website, so I suspect if you order them you'll get an email in about a week saying they don't have any....
                          Yeah, that is what I am worried about.. I am curious about trying, but I am not sure if I can convince myself to pay that much for only 25, especially if there is a chance they may come damaged or weakened due to their age.

And that may be the case, I could not find them for a while, so I am not sure if it is just issues with google, so I am not sure if I should chance anything at this stage.

Thank you for all the updates, and I hope you enjoy them!

Comment

• grizzleylooner
                            • Aug 2023

Yeah, that is what I am worried about.. I am curious about trying, but I am not sure if I can convince myself to pay that much for only 25, especially if there is a chance they may come damaged or weakened due to their age.

And that may be the case, I could not find them for a while, so I am not sure if it is just issues with google, so I am not sure if I should chance anything at this stage.

Thank you for all the updates, and I hope you enjoy them!
                            I haven't had any problems with age, they were only discontinued recently. Both lots I got from homeloft are dated 2021 but still feel fresh and strong, they survive multiple sessions of rough play. Qualatex keep very well if stored properly, I've still got a few Q24 left that are well over 10 years old and I can ride them at full size.

You could try ordering the pack of 50. They offered me a full refund if I didn't want the alternative, so you shouldn't lose anything. I tried asking for 2x 25 for the same price but they wouldn't do it and offered me 25% off one pack which I accepted.

I've been enjoying them lots

Comment

• Hazloon24
                              • Jun 2023

I haven't had any problems with age, they were only discontinued recently. Both lots I got from homeloft are dated 2021 but still feel fresh and strong, they survive multiple sessions of rough play. Qualatex keep very well if stored properly, I've still got a few Q24 left that are well over 10 years old and I can ride them at full size.

You could try ordering the pack of 50. They offered me a full refund if I didn't want the alternative, so you shouldn't lose anything. I tried asking for 2x 25 for the same price but they wouldn't do it and offered me 25% off one pack which I accepted.

Yeah I might just bite the bullet and give it a try. I did get one inside a Looner pack from Balloon Ace so I am excited to try it. I believe they have to be blown up a certain way at first, so that will be fun, so any extra tips are nice! I will have to be careful!

Comment

• Hazloon24
                                • Jun 2023

Yep, bit the bullet. Will see where it leads me. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...