Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoonerGuyRy
    • Feb 2024

New Competition

Who's up for a fun balloon competition this week? Thinking something like who can blow up the biggest punch balloon without popping or who has a balloon to blow up with the most unique print?

Any takers and if so, say which one you prefer today and we can all "compete" through the weekend
  • BlowPlayPop
    • Dec 2023

I'm up for the punch ball challenge, but probably won't get much chance over the weekend (also need to get some punchballs). Extend it into next week and I'll play.

Comment

• LoonerGuyRy
      • Feb 2024

Sounds good! We'll make it next weekend. Anyone else want to join in?

Comment

• BlowPlayPop
        • Dec 2023

A bit late, but here's one of mine
        Attached Files

Comment

• Nopops4me
          • Jun 2015

BlowPlayPop. That certainly is a big punch ball. What make, rated size is that. Surely you must have coaxed the neck out, you didn't do a blow from start to finish!

Comment

• BlowPlayPop
            • Dec 2023

It's an 18" belbal punch balloon, and yes; I did need to do some work to get that neck. I've figured out a really good necking technique for them now, but lost a few of them in the process! I tried just stretching the neck and inflating them while holding the blub closed, but they still pop before the neck forms. Tried squeezing air into the neck during inflation; BANG! Managed to get a bit of a neck by sitting (very slowly and carefully) on a fully inflated one. It kind of worked, but the neck looked a bit limp and weird, and all the air gradually made its way back into the blub.

To get that one I held the bulb closed and blew up the neck a few times. I then inflated the balloon normally to pretty much rated size. When it felt pretty solid I pinched the base of the body closed with one hand and inflated the neck as much as I could. Holding it closed at the end of the neck (where its tied), I then let go of the hold I had below the body, but kept hold of it at the knot. All the air immediately rushed from the neck into the body. I repeated that about 10 times, and eventually the body was pretty much maxed out but neck kept its air. I'm guessing by now the pressure in the neck wasnt enough to push into the body and burst it, so it stayed in the neck.

Hope this makes sense? I kind of created an airlock by using one hand to hold the top of the neck and one at the base (where the knot is), which alowed me to slowly feed air into the body from the neck. I'm wondering if this technique could be used for necking regular loons. I don't see why not. Will definitely give it a go.

Comment

• Nopops4me
              • Jun 2015

Thanks BlowPlayPop. Yeah that all makes sense. I'd love to try, but I'm too scared as you say you lose a few on the way to achieving your goal. Well done on getting that green one to the size you have. Is it still around or has it self detonated?

Comment

• BlowPlayPop
                • Dec 2023

It's still in one piece. I've untied it, and am going to try to get it even bigger on the next inflation. It felt surprisingly safe at that size to be honest (much better than the others I tried to neck with constant blowing just before they went). I don't have an issue with popping, but not really a fan of balloons bursting in my face. The other advantage to this technique is you can hold the balloon away from you when you release the air from the neck to body. If that did cause an explosion at least it's not right in your face!

Comment

• BlowPlayPop
                  • Dec 2023

I've tried the necking technique on a marble 14" globas payaso today (a balloon I've always found difficult to neck). Quite pleased with the result!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• phenix
                    • Jan 2021

Originally posted by BlowPlayPop
                    I've tried the necking technique on a marble 14" globas payaso today (a balloon I've always found difficult to neck). Quite pleased with the result!
                    I reach the good necks qite easily on marble balloons. I stretch the neck while inflating balloon, and it gets the long form, such as this loon ๐Ÿ˜Š
                    Attached Files

Comment

• LoonerGuyRy
                      • Feb 2024

Originally posted by BlowPlayPop
                      A bit late, but here's one of mine
                      Wow!!! You win hands down ๐Ÿ˜€

I was out of town last week but hereโ€™s my best effort from before I left...not anywhere near as impressive as yours but it was still bigger then I would usually go with a punch balloons

Who has an idea for a competition for this weekend?

Attached Files

Comment

• BlowPlayPop
                        • Dec 2023

Originally posted by LoonerGuyRy

Wow!!! You win hands down ๐Ÿ˜€

I was out of town last week but hereโ€™s my best effort from before I left...not anywhere near as impressive as yours but it was still bigger then I would usually go with a punch balloons
                        To be fair, mine took a lot of coaxing and manipulation to get the neck (and was a belbal which are the ultimate balloons for necking in my experience). Your pic is awesome if that was achieved just from normal stretching/inflation! Here's the best I could get from scratch on a standard punch ball from Asda (UK version of Walmart).
                        Attached Files

Comment

• LoonerGuyRy
                          • Feb 2024

BlowPlayPop Thanks! And yes, mine was a normal inflation tugging at the neck and it was getting tighter. I bet we have the same ones, since I got mine at WalMart here in the US.

Comment

Working...