X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d_looner
    Mass Popper
    • Feb 2019

Toys R Us Q16

So today I was extremely lucky and found someone on Facebook advertising some balloons for sale.

One of the bags ended up being a brand new unopened 100 bag of Q16 Toys R Us balloons! After seeing them online and in many videos I always wanted to get my hands on some, but never actually thought I would 😅

The woman I bought them from actually worked at Toys R Us, but she said she doesn't have anymore which sucks.

Any advice on keeping them fresh for as long as possible?

I store most of my "nice" balloons in sealed zip lock bags in a storage container in the cupboard, out of the sun and in a relatively cool environment.

Pic attached of my $15 purchase 😋

Undecided if I would sell some of them, but if I did does anyone know what they're worth? I've seen some on eBay fetching some pretty crazy money!

• Casey88
    lukmanrewa
    • Jun 2012

$15 for a BAG of them? Thats an insane deal !

It can go $15 per PIECE on eBay bids !

However before placing it for sale, you need to make sure it inflates upto the maximum size with some necking to see if they are still reliable. The real and actual inflated pic is what people will perceive to see that they are still 100% good to go and the bids can go as high as possible.

Comment

• AJK64
      • Jun 2018

You've got the balloon equivalent of gold dust there buddy... Like Casey 88 said, if they still inflate properly they sell for crazy money on ebay

Comment

• stretchedtight
        • Apr 2013

Nice score. Congrats. Hope they inflate to the max with no issues.

Comment

• d_looner
          Mass Popper
          • Feb 2019

Can confirm they inflate to their max! Tried a couple last night with the missus and they necked quite well. She's absolutely fearless with the balloons, necked the first one without hesitation haha I love it.

Can get some photos this weekend if people are interested?

Still not 100% sure if I want to sell any of them, I know I'll definitely be keeping a fair few of them but if anyone's interested I can get some photos of then fully inflated and some photos of one or two after a few inflations!

Comment

• Casey88
            lukmanrewa
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by d_looner
            Can confirm they inflate to their max! Tried a couple last night with the missus and they necked quite well. She's absolutely fearless with the balloons, necked the first one without hesitation haha I love it.

Can get some photos this weekend if people are interested?

Still not 100% sure if I want to sell any of them, I know I'll definitely be keeping a fair few of them but if anyone's interested I can get some photos of then fully inflated and some photos of one or two after a few inflations!
            Please do let me know if you intend to list it on eBay, I am interested on the purple ones only (provided with actual inflated pics)

Comment

• d_looner
              Mass Popper
              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Casey88

Please do let me know if you intend to list it on eBay, I am interested on the purple ones only (provided with actual inflated pics)
              I'll post some photos of them fully inflated/necked this weekend on here first so that people can see what they're like!

If I post them on eBay I'll also share the link on here, still unsure on how many I'd like to sell but would probably be willing on selling upto 50 of them.

$15 a piece sounds reasonable but it also depends on how many people are interested in them!

Comment

• d_looner
                Mass Popper
                • Feb 2019

Pic attached as promised! Not super over-inflated but still a good size! This was after a 2nd inflation.

​​I'm more than happy to blow one up until it pops and take photos along the way if anyone would like to see really how big they get 😝

Attached Files

Comment

• d_looner
                  Mass Popper
                  • Feb 2019

I have attached a photo above! If you would like to see them blown up to their absolute max also let me know!

I will be selling them for $15AUD per piece, and have 50 available for sale. Would obviously prefer to sell them all at once but if you would only like a certain colour that should be ok too!

I can count how many purple ones I have also 😄

Comment

• Casey88
                    lukmanrewa
                    • Jun 2012

Wow unbelievable right how they can still go past their rated size even after the amount of years they have been discontinued

Proper storage is the key for this

Yes please do let me know how many purple coloured ones you are willing to list on eBay, since I need to have the shipping cost calculated as well.

Comment

• d_looner
                      Mass Popper
                      • Feb 2019

Wow unbelievable right how they can still go past their rated size even after the amount of years they have been discontinued

Proper storage is the key for this

Yes please do let me know how many purple coloured ones you are willing to list on eBay, since I need to have the shipping cost calculated as well.
                      I have 24 purple ones, would be interested in selling 10-15 of them if that's something you're interested in!

Also have orange, green, red and blue available too. I will be keeping half of the bag in assorted colours but the other ones I'd be happy to sell!

The photos attached are after a couple inflations, obviously necked a bit more! The orange one lasted like that for over 24 hours before my partner got excited and popped it 😋

The purple ones also lasted a few hours but my partner decided to blow it up even more until it popped 🤤 we pump to popped a green one and wow it was absolutely huge before it popped.. it actually took us a few goes as the neck was so long! The bang was quite amazing too haha

Next time we pump to pop one or my partner blows to pop one I'll take some photos 😋

Attached Files

Comment

• Casey88
                        lukmanrewa
                        • Jun 2012

That looks awesome, dont mind taking 3-5 pcs of the purple ones. Please do send me the eBay link.

Comment

• Casey88
                          lukmanrewa
                          • Jun 2012

These are the booommmmmbbbbbbb

Too bad they are only printed on one side though, partially turns me off
                          Attached Files

Comment

• d_looner
                            Mass Popper
                            • Feb 2019

These are the booommmmmbbbbbbb

Too bad they are only printed on one side though, partially turns me off
                            They are great hey! I wish they were printed on both sides too, would make them soo much better

Comment

• Casey88
                              lukmanrewa
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by d_looner

They are great hey! I wish they were printed on both sides too, would make them soo much better
                              Yeah 100% agreed, by the way are you planning to sell some of those via eBay? Please Do let me know beforehand !

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎