Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pinpopper
    • Mar 2019

NYE Balloon party for one.

A little late but I am Getting ready for my New Year's balloon bash party for one, and I'm pumped! It's my little tradition, and each year I try to up the ante. The Balloon drop is the highlight, obviously!

I tried different setups before. Starting with a net for 14" balloons, but it never quite met the exception. Last year I rigged up a fans for some post-drop movement, which OMG turn out to be the highlight. It was much more like my experiences of real balloon drops where its all about having loads of loons in motion.

So this time, I'm cranking it up, ditching the net completely in favour of a bigger pile of bigger balloons, More fans on a midnight timer, synced with a playlist featuring "Auld Lang Syne." Plus a few disco lights to add some ambiance.

The missing piece from last year? The thrill of spontaneous and un controlled popping around me. So, I'm switching to a U16, hoping it's just the right balance of fragile when over inflated. Plus, adding a couple of slightly blunted thumb tacks to the ceiling for those unlucky balloons that hit just right.

Pre-midnight, it' balloon prep, drinking, smoking and chilling, and maybe some gentle balloon play but no popping till the big moment to build anticipation.

Other than company as this is a party for one and suggestions to amp it up even more?
  • heliumsitr68
    • Nov 2021

Sounds like it's gonna be fun !
    Popper ! I love helium balloons

Comment

• BluCrystaLoon
      • Dec 2021

Great idea with the overinflated U16s for the spontaneous popping factor 🤩

Any chance for pics of the room in pre-midnight state? 🙃

Comment

Working...