Clear All
  • Tesla
    • Oct 2019

Your Children

Hello,

are your children also looners?
  • AJK64
    • Jun 2018

I don't think kinks are genetic. Sexuality seems to be (at least to some extent) but kinks are definitely created by experiences and associations. Sexuality is mostly nature, kinks are completely nurture.

So unless someone was enjoying a kink in front of their kids (which would be wrong on so many levels), I don't see how the child of a looner (or a foot fetishist, or bdsm person etc) would be likely to develop the same kink. I mean with looners a large part of what creates the kink is phobia, but not all phobics end up looners, so the association that creates the kink is even more subjective.

Comment

• Timid Popper
      • Jun 2012

My children have no interest in balloons. They barely notice that I have them around as decorations all the time.

Comment

• grizzleylooner
        • Aug 2023

Originally posted by AJK64
        I don't think kinks are genetic. Sexuality seems to be (at least to some extent) but kinks are definitely created by experiences and associations. Sexuality is mostly nature, kinks are completely nurture.

So unless someone was enjoying a kink in front of their kids (which would be wrong on so many levels), I don't see how the child of a looner (or a foot fetishist, or bdsm person etc) would be likely to develop the same kink. I mean with looners a large part of what creates the kink is phobia, but not all phobics end up looners, so the association that creates the kink is even more subjective.
        I agree that it's down to experiences, but I don't think you'd need to be enjoying your kink in front of the kids for them to pick it up.
        If your kids parties always involve balloon games, or you regularly decorate with them and they get popped afterards, then they're more likely to find they "enjoy" ballons?
        I don't have children myself

Comment

• Bass Boll
          • Jun 2023

Since I cannot remember how my balloons and inflatable fetish actually started while I am at the same time totally sure that I had developed special feelings already in early childhood, I did in fact consider a genetic component. And kept an extra eye on my kids when there was exposure – balloons at birthday parties and pool inflatables in their natural environments. Needless to say that dad more often than not carried inflatables of all kinds when the family went swimming or on holidays.

However: nothing. I did not observe any special attraction in my boys, and that did not change when puberty kicked in. They must have noticed big balloons and inflatable cushions occasionally appearing in my chamber, but it doesn't interest them at all. So now I would agree with the opinion that there is nothing genetic involved. I'm just waiting for future grandsons to enter the real-world lab for verification…

Comment

• loonypirate20
            • Oct 2020

I don’t have kids, but I feel like I can 100% confirm that I didn’t inherit this from my parents. Exposure is a definite factor, but I think it will develop or not develop on its own.

Comment

• Squeeze Cey
              Bag Buster
              • Feb 2024

loonypirate20 I do agree that exposure is a large contributing factor. Whilst I enjoy watching videos of others popping I am phobic myself and I think this does stem from my upbringing. My parents would always pop anything poppable; be it plastic, paper or chip bags. I don't think there was a fetish involved, they just liked the sound and I was petrified of it. We never had balloons in the house and I think my parents just assumed I wasn't interested in rather than the fact I was actually afraid of the popping. I do remember two instances of having a balloon at home and my parents instructing me to pop them. The first was my dad telling me to sit on it to bust it or he would bust it and the second was my mom telling me that the balloon in my room was to go in the bin so she took it outside with her and let it float around on the grass till it popped. I never told them I didn't like the noise as I think they would have made fun of me.

Comment

• AgroTurtle
                • Jun 2021

My two older siblings were barely interested in balloons compared to me so if it was somehow genetic im definitely the only one. I dont think I ever actually saw my older brother interact with a balloon. My parents decorated the occasional party with balloons but other than that I mostly got them from restaurants and party bags so I probably had relatively normal exposure to them for most of my childhood. I just really liked them. My parents were not bothered at all by it. They never forced me to pop balloons and they never popped my balloons themselves, they stayed in my room until they were fully deflated or I popped them. The amount of balloons did start to waver as I got a bit older but I think that was partly due to my mum cutting back on the McDonalds lol.

Comment

• loonypirate20
                  • Oct 2020

Originally posted by Squeeze Cey
                  loonypirate20 I do agree that exposure is a large contributing factor. Whilst I enjoy watching videos of others popping I am phobic myself and I think this does stem from my upbringing. My parents would always pop anything poppable; be it plastic, paper or chip bags. I don't think there was a fetish involved, they just liked the sound and I was petrified of it. We never had balloons in the house and I think my parents just assumed I wasn't interested in rather than the fact I was actually afraid of the popping. I do remember two instances of having a balloon at home and my parents instructing me to pop them. The first was my dad telling me to sit on it to bust it or he would bust it and the second was my mom telling me that the balloon in my room was to go in the bin so she took it outside with her and let it float around on the grass till it popped. I never told them I didn't like the noise as I think they would have made fun of me.
                  See, for me it was different. It seemed I was raised more nonpopper. There'd usually be balloons in the house and we'd always leave them up weeks after the party. Even when we disposed of them, it was cutting off the knot and deflating. They certainly knew I was afraid of balloons popping, but I think they just didn't like the noise themselves.

However, the reason I know I didn't inherit anything is because when my dad had found out, he flipped out and lectured me about how badly I needed therapy and how disgusted he was. Real fun stuff. I do genuinely love the guy and all but he definitely messed me up after that. It took me a long time to come to terms with that part of myself and later admit it to significant others.

Sure, I wish he did not find out or treat it the way he did, but I wouldn't be who I am today without it. It taught me the importance of acceptance and that everyone has their own things that they enjoy.

Comment

• Tuftex_heart37
                    Balloon Inflation Factory
                    • Sep 2022

Originally posted by loonypirate20

See, for me it was different. It seemed I was raised more nonpopper. There'd usually be balloons in the house and we'd always leave them up weeks after the party. Even when we disposed of them, it was cutting off the knot and deflating. They certainly knew I was afraid of balloons popping, but I think they just didn't like the noise themselves.

However, the reason I know I didn't inherit anything is because when my dad had found out, he flipped out and lectured me about how badly I needed therapy and how disgusted he was. Real fun stuff. I do genuinely love the guy and all but he definitely messed me up after that. It took me a long time to come to terms with that part of myself and later admit it to significant others.

Sure, I wish he did not find out or treat it the way he did, but I wouldn't be who I am today without it. It taught me the importance of acceptance and that everyone has their own things that they enjoy.
                    I feel for ya, the generation gap in understanding stuff like tech and the importance of mental health is Huge, and in most cases unresolvable....
                    🍻 Here's to healthy and fulfilling life going forward.

Comment

• WindyBalloon
                      • Feb 2023

No children at present, though I would like to have them. And balloons would be present often, so I would not hide me liking balloons, and it's been dying as a kink for me for some time, so not much to worry about there, either.

I do have a little brother, and he loves balloons, too (not a kink).

Comment

• Merl
                        Hopper research dept.
                        • Apr 2021

Developing this fetish, probably like most kinks, often reads like a comic character's origin story. It requires such an bizarre intersection of innocent and unrelated events, timed exactly with an emotional/erotic component, to create a looner.

How often can that happen?

The odds of all those factors aligning at a crucial developmental moment, and then sticking around, are better than you being bitten by a radioactive spider, but not by much. It's pretty damn rare.

In short, the chances of the child of a looner picking it up only because they're of the child of a looner are impossible, I'd say, especially if the adult keeps it completely hid (which I hope to God is true in all cases).

Comment

• WindyBalloon
                          • Feb 2023

It's not in the genes, so the parent being a looner won't have any effect on the child.

But it does mean there will be more balloons present, and more balloons to interact with, which could very well be a big influence for the child.
                          But note always, seeing as my little brother doesn't have the fetish, but just likes balloons a lot. Moreso than other boys his age, but still.

Comment

Working...