Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude1234
    • Sep 2017

Help getting a loon video to play

I have an Amazon fire hd10 2021 I have this balloon clip that I want to play but when I play it the video freezes and the audio continues the weird part is if I put the video on slow speed the video works.

Anyone know why the video is doing this? Video is 4k and 5 minutes long. I wonder if I need a newer tablet. The last resort is using an app to downgrade the resolution to 1080p and playing it at slow speed isn't a great solution.

Hopefully someone knows why this is happening
  • Dust of the Saturn
    Stretched like space-time
    • Feb 2018

I have 2 ideas. If the file is HUGE yet the video length is short, then your hard drive and chipset probably cannot read the file and decode it at the required speed to play it. The other idea is maybe the file got corrupted or the media player is having a tough time decoding the file.

If you have a computer, try playing the file on VLC player and MPC player to see if it works there, and try using FFMPEG to fix encoding issues.

Edit: after checking your tablet out online, I am more inclined to believe that your hardware is less than capable to do the job. Try playing another 4k file that also 5 minutes long. See if the problem is file specific, player specific or hardware specific.
    And I ask myself, why? and all I hear is the cold, dead silence of the cosmos.

Comment

• Dude1234
      • Sep 2017

If I run it on mx player I get a different issue the video plays but the audio is out of sync. I need to get a desktop computer or much faster tablet I think. Would downgrading the video to 1080 help ?

thanks for the help

Comment

• Dust of the Saturn
        Stretched like space-time
        • Feb 2018

Try to compress the file. This looks like a decoding issue but you can try to compress the file to a smaller size and bitrate and see if it works this way. A computer would make your troubleshooting much easier though.

Also, you can upload your file somewhere and I can take a look at it.
        And I ask myself, why? and all I hear is the cold, dead silence of the cosmos.

Comment

Working...