Old 14-05-2022, 02:09 AM

Blueballoondude89 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What restaurant/store balloons do you miss the most?
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
In the late Jurassic Era, when I worked as a stockroom clerk at Albertson's Supermarket, they would occasionally do balloon promotional handouts. So we'd have bags of 100 of these Albertson's branded balloons, and those balloons would wind up everywhere. I think they were probably 11" and I have no idea who made them (I was 15 at the time!). But they were pretty reliable and I may have liberated one or two, or 20, or 200, or more... during my time there
Iím curious, how long ago was this? Maybe they were Gaylas! What colors were they?
Old 14-05-2022, 02:13 AM

Blueballoondude89 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
In the late Jurassic Era, when I worked as a stockroom clerk at Albertson's Supermarket, they would occasionally do balloon promotional handouts. So we'd have bags of 100 of these Albertson's branded balloons, and those balloons would wind up everywhere. I think they were probably 11" and I have no idea who made them (I was 15 at the time!). But they were pretty reliable and I may have liberated one or two, or 20, or 200, or more... during my time there
Originally Posted by RLMI View Post
I miss Toys R Us balloons. In Australia, the stores used to have clusters of inflated balloons at the counter,and you could also buy uninflated ones. Usually inflated by pump by the staff but I did once see the ladies behind the counter blowing the balloons up with their breath. The inflated size varied from normal to tight with a small neck.

Pizza Hut is another place that used to have balloons on a stand at their entrance. Some were blown till they had big necks and usually didn't last long in the hands of the young diners.

McDonald's also occasionally had balloons filled with helium and these were maybe 9 inch, usually underinflated.
I remember sometimes seeing helium balloons at Pizza Hut around 1994 ish. Not often but I remember leaving with 2 balloons one time. The McDonald’s ones were usually on the self sealing valves that greatly reduces the float time. I don’t recall seeing many balloons at McDonald’s as I got older, but I do remember the Ronald McDonald helium tank in the Playplace.
Old 23-05-2022, 07:10 PM

Ballooner99 is on a distinguished road
I miss the Old Navy balloons. I used to get tons of them but now I can never find any in the stores. Great crystal printed balloon!
Old 24-05-2022, 03:01 AM

Tracy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blueballoondude89 View Post
Iím curious, how long ago was this? Maybe they were Gaylas! What colors were they?
Well, I've already carbon-dated myself on this page This would have been 2014-2015. The balloons were definitely not 9"... I'd say 11" or 12" for sure. Color? The only thing I could say was that the colors were limited and dull.. Green, blue, yellow, red. Can't remember any others, maybe because those colors were good for the Albertson's print, even thought it was only black ink?
Old 25-05-2022, 11:16 AM

Loonyguy2020 is on a distinguished road
mmm I'd say balloons from make-up stores "Di" , they could be inflated quite big,strong,full of latex fragrance , quite "resistant" and ... pink.
I do not like balloons from McDo since I have the feeling there is no latex ... they seem tb made of oil & petroleum hahaha.
Old 26-05-2022, 08:10 AM
Blown to bits

Vicci is on a distinguished road
Burger King in the early 2000's - mainly because in my local one, there was a girl who used to inflate them with massive necks (talking about a 12" long neck on a 12" balloon). No idea what brand they were, but they never lasted long when she put them on the tree before randomly exploding. She just didn't seem to link them constantly exploding with how much she was inflating them.

I managed to get a handful of them from her, but they didn't last long they were strangely very very squeaky
Old 26-05-2022, 12:26 PM

BalloonFun is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vicci View Post
Burger King in the early 2000's - mainly because in my local one, there was a girl who used to inflate them with massive necks (talking about a 12" long neck on a 12" balloon). No idea what brand they were, but they never lasted long when she put them on the tree before randomly exploding. She just didn't seem to link them constantly exploding with how much she was inflating them.

I managed to get a handful of them from her, but they didn't last long they were strangely very very squeaky
Sounds quite dreamy!!
Old 26-05-2022, 01:29 PM

RLMI is on a distinguished road
That made me recall various giveaways at shopping centres where balloons filled with air would be handed out. Sometimes they would just be tied off, with no string nor stick. So the recipient had to hold them, either by the knot, or in many cases, the neck had filled up, so you could it by the neck like a handle.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:43 PM

PBK is on a distinguished road
Another vote for the Toys R Us balloons. When I was a kid they seemed like they were a 20" and always inflated fully with bulging necks!
I miss the balloons McDonalds gave away right up until Covid hit. They were never tied just looped around a stick so I'd deflate them and blow them up much bigger later. I had a pretty good collection of them.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:57 PM

RLMI is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: What restaurant/store balloons do you miss the most?
I love the Toys R Us balloons too. Fondly remember them since my youth till now.

In Australia, they were blown up to varying tightness at Toys R Us. Usually they were merely "round", and sometimes teardrop shaped. A few times they were blown up tight with beginnings of a neck, but I have never seen Toys R Us balloons getting fully necked up.

Once I saw the staff mouth inflate the balloons till the neck began to form, before putting them on a stick and tying them off with a clip. Amazing how they didn't use the pump!