Old 24-04-2022, 11:02 PM

BalloonFun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Qualatex discontinued balloons that you want back
Originally Posted by LoneLoonRider View Post
Aside from the obvious Q24, I've heard legends that they used to have a 40" that was very strong.
You may be right about the 40" (latex) having been a legend. The biggest Q's now are the 36" latex. The only 40" Q loons today are foil balloons.
Old 25-04-2022, 08:07 AM

LoonerHoax is on a distinguished road
I definitely miss "fresh" Q24's. I still have quite a stash of them so I don't miss them yet. My "Love/B-day" prints are deteriorating pretty fast. Might just need to have a big popping session with the ones that actually inflate. The others that I have are almost as good as fresh. I had a few of the 40" when I was really young. I miss the 14". They were a really fun size. Wish I had the spare money to buy up a bunch of 16" GEOs and big polka dot prints from my local distributor.
Old 25-04-2022, 04:01 PM

Blueballoondude89 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Qualatex discontinued balloons that you want back
They’re discontinuing Geos? Ugh why? I wish I could see a photo of an inflated 40 inch that was molded on the paddle. Also, what “love/bday” prints are those, LoonerHoax?

And please tell me they’re keeping the big polka dots and not discontinuing those either
Old 25-04-2022, 07:52 PM

Black_Bear is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blueballoondude89 View Post
They’re discontinuing Geos? Ugh why? I wish I could see a photo of an inflated 40 inch that was molded on the paddle. Also, what “love/bday” prints are those, LoonerHoax?

And please tell me they’re keeping the big polka dots and not discontinuing those either
Polka Dots on Q16s are gone. Discontinued. But they still have them for 11" and 36".
Old 26-04-2022, 12:18 PM

LoonerPlanet is on a distinguished road
I miss alll the Qualtex balloons of my youth. I could swear that their 11" and 16" used to be bigger with slightly longer necks. And, of course, I miss fresh Q24 (still have some in my collection for special occasions). Plus they have discontinued the stripes, dots and swirl patterns that I loved on the 16" and 18". The 16" pearls were cool--more like an 18" balloon, but they seem to be gone, too. The 36" is too round for my tastes. From my perspective the 18" stuffer is the only decent shaped balloon left. I will say that they are high quality balloons and very good for non poppers.
Old 26-04-2022, 01:12 PM

Axle is on a distinguished road
i've been told in the past (by far older looners than i) that there was once a Q36 with a shape more akin to 24s. and that's always been a fantasy of mine. but i've never actually seen any evidence of them existing. only rumours whispered in hush tones by guys in their 50s.

don't suppose anyone can confirm these existed can they? either that or i dreamt it.
Old 26-04-2022, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by LoonerPlanet View Post
I miss alll the Qualtex balloons of my youth. I could swear that their 11" and 16" used to be bigger with slightly longer necks. And, of course, I miss fresh Q24 (still have some in my collection for special occasions). Plus they have discontinued the stripes, dots and swirl patterns that I loved on the 16" and 18". The 16" pearls were cool--more like an 18" balloon, but they seem to be gone, too. The 36" is too round for my tastes. From my perspective the 18" stuffer is the only decent shaped balloon left. I will say that they are high quality balloons and very good for non poppers.
Not sure why they just dropped the sprays and the 16 inch pearls like that. I thought they were really good sellers! It’s actually kind of bugging me now.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:11 AM

LoonerHoax is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blueballoondude89 View Post

Clear with hearts. Pink with hearts. Pink with Love and filigree. Red with happy Valentines day. Red with daisies. On the Q24. The happy birthday swirl around Q16.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:32 PM

BalloonFun is on a distinguished road
I wish they would bring back the 16" "sprays", both on color and on clear balloons.
Old 01-05-2022, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by BalloonFun View Post
I wish they would bring back the 16" "sprays", both on color and on clear balloons.
Yeah I’m actually really upset that they discontinued those. I miss how the color pattern was different back in the 1980s and 90s as well. They actually had white balloons with spray patterns back in the 70s. At Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. There’s actually a whole entire page dedicated to how they sold balloons! With photos! https://www.greatadventurehistory.co...002%20copy.jpg