Old 16-02-2022, 04:49 PM

PMN985 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Balloons & fireworks
I have to acclimate myself with fireworks (I have cptsd from violent trauma,) ear plugs typically do the trick when it's those times of year or events, not the whole time just till nerves settle. I enjoy fireworks watching and setting them off aside from that, but my hyper vigilance needs to know they are coming, not a fan of random loud noises
Old 16-02-2022, 11:30 PM

som3derp is on a distinguished road
I am fine with Fireworks, but still hate balloons bursting. Never (want to be) able to pierce the sexy, thin, bouncy latex skin, it's just way too sexy feeling it and I'd love much more surrendering to it instead of destroying it!
Old 10-04-2022, 08:06 PM

CJSweet is on a distinguished road
Despite having been phobic as a child, I love popping balloons and the rare occasions where I see an attractive guy popping one (ideally stomping) is a massive turn on.

Fireworks, on the other hand, still terrify me. I can tolerate a proper public display but around the times of year when teenagers on the streets have bangers etc (around Halloween here in NI), Iím a perpetual nervous wreck. I suppose it partly comes with the territory of living in Northern Ireland, though - in the past, loud bangs were seldom a good thing.

HOWEVER fireworks do hold a kind of morbid fascination for me. Like a very attractive colleague recounted one day how his family new years eve party had included fireworks and I have to say the thought of him lighting them - and the thought of him getting (non sexual) satisfaction from the loud bangs - is quite the turn on.
Old 17-04-2022, 12:21 PM

DiverDown is on a distinguished road
I was terrified of all loud pops and bangs as a young child, which I was told was related to a city fireworks display, so I’d run and hide when it came to fireworks, balloons, and firearms. Over time I adapted to each in different ways and enjoy fireworks (except for the mess) and as a popper I obviously enjoy balloons, but I still have a little anxiety blowing them up, although I guess that’s part of the excitement!
Old 05-06-2022, 06:04 AM

Scooter is on a distinguished road
Unlike balloons where I don't like the pop, but I enjoy the slight nervousness that comes from the potential of it, fireworks are an absolute no-no for me. Well, okay, I get the ones used in shows. I can see why people could enjoy those. Fire crackers though that do nothing beyond loudly explode on the ground? Hate them, hate them, hate them!

Don't even like watching fireworks on tv. Want nothing to do with them, personally.