X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 7balloon
    One of the First Online
    • Dec 2018

Got a Little Hordie there...

Right now I'm full up on my loons. I ended up being such a horder I realized I ran out of room to put all my loons. I had a trunk full in my closet. and my nightstand had over 100 loons and pieces floating around.

So I've been grabbing random handfulls of my stash and they are in a box under my bed. If I have the house to myself and I want to wank, I grab whatever balloon is in the box and get off with it.

Mouse ears, Geos, everything between 9" and 24" is in the box. A bunch of the specialty shapes from china that I bought from alibaba while stoned.

If they pop...depends. I've found some real riding treasures. and some btp's that were so awesome I couldn't last through it.

it's been fun.

Anyone else?
  • AJK64
    • Jun 2018

Re: Got a Little Hordie there...

I had a count back in November and had over 500 balloons stashed away. I keep them hidden in a box in the wardrobe as I live with my gf and she doesnt know about my fetish

Comment

I don't tend to have to many balloons at home. I love popping but im way to phobic to do it myself so I tend to inflate balloons for a while and when I feel they are becoming unstable I just throw them out. I would so much rather pop them but to scared.

Comment

• PMN985
        • Aug 2021

Party store near me closed a year or so ago, stocked my supply, probably have close to 1500 12"s, 150 16"s, some 24"s 36", mouse ears, blossoms, and a few gross of long airships the 6" round 60" long. Various colors all separated into ziplocks. I decorate for most occasions and have a card board box full. My wife knows my obsession, everyone else aside from ex partners and a few friends, know I like decorations.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
          • May 2020

I have more 5" and 11" than I know what to do with from doing decorations for events. Supply of 16" and 17" is slowly dwindling down from popping. Need to start working on my Q24's before they degrade too far to get any enjoyment out of...

Comment

• Common Loon
            • Aug 2020

Originally posted by LoonerHoax
            I have more 5" and 11" than I know what to do with from doing decorations for events.
            I have this same problem--err, same blessing. Especially with 11"s, and especially various Q11 prints. They only seem to come in packs of 50 and they're always such a small part of my larger decor schemes!

I will say that I've become much more aware of shelf life in recent years. I used to try to hang onto balloons for 5+ years but even with the best storage the degradation can be noticeable at times. So my hoard keeps growing mainly because I'm too lazy to toss out the older stuff that I probably won't want to inflate now anyway.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
              • May 2020

I rediscovered some bags of balloons from my wedding that was over 10 years ago. They were not stored properly by any stretch of the imagination. Grabbed them out a couple weeks ago to fill up my sister in law's truck for her birthday. There were a few that inflated a little funky, but for the most part they all seemed to hold up pretty well.

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
                • Apr 2021

I definitely have a MASSIVE balloon hoard! I have two huge airtight rubber made bins just STUFFED with various bags of numerous balloons! Believe me when I tell you each one weighs well in excess of a hundred pounds! Everything from various cattex, tuftex, qualatex, rifco as well as a few cloudbusters and weather balloons And I can't stop buying balloons!!! I want more! MORE BALLOONS, lol! I love my balloons!

Comment

• srob2
                  • Dec 2017

I accumulate as well. Too easy to buy a big bag and move on to a different type of balloon after only a few.

Comment

• t17forLife
                    • May 2015

838 at the moment. Yes I count each and every one. Sorted in an excel spreadsheet with every attribute you can imaging - size, color, brand, source, purchase date, etc.

Adding 144 more in a week or so - got some new stuff coming from Nordic Looners. Got them 55% off since the store is closing.

I actually don't pull out the stash that often. But I like having variety, plus with the supply chain crisis right now it's better safe than sorry. When Belbal discontinued the soap balloons a few weeks ago I bought 200.

Comment

• Axle
                      • Jan 2022

i have a bin bag full.... i'm almost afraid to go through them as though i won't be a hoarder if i dont know exactly what i've hoarded.
                      Curiosity killed the cattex.

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
                        • Nov 2018

I, too, track my balloon collection with an Excel spreadsheet. At one point I had around 900, but I've gotten the total down to around 550. The advantage is that I can figure out what I need when I order more balloons and keep from ordering the same ones over again.

Right now, I am working my way through the older Tuftex. Even with really good storage, they degrade. I'll miss the old latex formula balloons when they are gone.

Comment

• Ballooner99
                          • Jan 2016

I have a few thousand balloons in my stash. One of the downsides of being a semi popper that edges toward the non popper side. I have several hundred Q24s, Q18s and Tuftex 17s in my stash.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎