X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGrimLooner
    • Apr 2017

Re: Best childhood loon memory

Originally posted by LoudPopper
    I don't think I told this story on this board before, but sorry in advance if it's a repeat. If so I've copy pasted this from a PM chat I had over on VK with a friend about my first time BTP'ing a balloon. Just fair warning ahead of time, this one is kinda raunchy so I apologize in advance if its too much.

Anyways, here we go! I BTP'd my first balloon on my 12th birthday (it may have been 13th, I dunno.) All I knew was that about 3-4 years earlier I was scared as shit of balloons popping (I was scared any loud noises tbh), I taught myself to get over that fear, and popping balloons was now super fun to me even though it was still somewhat scary. Either way I was in about 7th grade at the time, and it was about a year after I had my first orgasm ever while innocently laying on a beautiful blue balloon. I had made the connection in my mind at that time that all the fun I was having discovering my new balloon popping hobby perhaps could be made into an even more "fun" activity. I guess I was learning about having a specific attraction to balloons, but I still didn't fully comprehend that I had a specific fetish for them yet.

I digress... it was my birthday. I had gotten home from school and I knew that my parents wouldn't be home for a couple more hours. So I had the house to myself before we would go out for my birthday dinner that evening. All day during school I was day dreaming about popping balloons, and had decided that when I got home I would throw myself my first private "balloon party" lol. I wanted to make it special, so I thought the best way to do that was to pop the most balloons I ever had at once (for that time. I of course got that record beat by more than 200 or so balloons now lol). So I imediately ran upstairs and start the arduous task of filling my room (by mouth btw... ugh! Thank God for inflators nowadays lol) with about 40 yellow 12" smiley face balloons that blew up to about 14" when tightly inflated. At that point in my life they were probably the biggest 12"ers I had ever encountered and I was so excited by the extra size they turned out to expand to. My plan was to just "let loose" and be as aggressive as I possibly could with destroying those balloons that day. I was popping them in all ways!

Back then my favorite popping methods was riding/grinding and STP. I used to love sit popping them and riding/grinding them bc really intense bouncing on full balloons would also make a louder pop, and I loved the feeling of the latex snapping against my skin when it finally would go off. My dick would get super hard from the bouncing. I feel silly for the slight brag (so sorry if it comes across as obnoxious) but I'm fortunate enough to have a nice big 8" (20 cm) dick. I only mention it because BTPing and bouncing on balloons with my hard dick was extra fun because the weight and length of it would make my dick bounce and jump all over the place, with a hypnotizing motion bouncing off of the bulging bulb and neck of the balloon before springing back up and slapping back against my abdomen with hot smacking sound and a heafty "thud" against me. In the past just that motion could make me cum! I STP'd a bunch of them, with their yellow latex straining against my wait before a beautiful BANG would echo against the room and shards of latex would go flying. It was so satisfying and exciting to watch. I can remember all the tension that would build up inside of me as I was still afriad of popping the balloon but desparately wanting it to BUST so badly at the same time.

I took a break to blow up maybe 5 or so more balloons that were slightly underinflated. I wanted to fuck them as hard as I could. Those loons we SOOOO HARD TO POP, and my dick sliding against the greasy balloon made it really hard to orgasm. So if I wanted any chance to cum, I would have to fuck and hump and squeeze the squishy balloon as HARD AS I POSSIBLY COULD until I would start sweating. I would lay on my stomach and grab the balloons by their bulb with both hands underneith me, and strain super hard trying to pull the balloon back against my crotch as I thrust with my hips over and over agaist my sqeezing. I could feel it as the neck would always protrude and grow while push back against me and my erection as the loon desperately stretched desperately trying not to EXPLODE underneath me. OMG it was so awesome!

Anyways, I was super scared to BTP a balloon at that point bc I thought the latex would hurt my face. But because that special birthday balloon session was so intense I just didn't fucking care! So I tried BTPing a balloon while fucking a bunch of them. I tried like 4 times but would chicken out and nail pop it in my face every time. By the time I was done with all the loons, I blew up a bunch more and tried to BTP one again. Simultaneously, I stomped on about 12 big yellow balloons that made HUGE BLASTS each time, one right after another. BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! With each balloon pop stroked my self, and felt more and more brave, as if each loud explosion gave me more energy and I felt more and more powerful. Finally when I stompped on the last balloon, my head was spinning and I layed on my back on my bed. I was so fucking excited, I yelled, "I'm gonna fucking make this balloon explode!" I blew and blew and blew, and jerked my dick with my other hand. Suddenly, I shot a huge load all over my stomach. And while the orgasm was flowing through my body, the BALLOON FUCKING EXPLODED RIGHT IN MY FACE! The shards rained down on me, my ears rang, everything was in slow motion, and mqy vision got cloudy. The last thing I remember before passing out was saying out loud, "Happy Birthday to Me!"

Wow hot story, thanks for sharing!
    It's one of my fantasies, a looner previously afraid of popping, now riding balloons and getting so turned on they want to pop the balloons, getting more brave and rough with increasing horniness.

Comment

• SusieDK
      • Dec 2017

Hi there,

This is such a cool thread, and I so want to contribute.

Only problem is, that to tell about a best balloon memory from childhood there has to be at least one good memory, and this I do not have. All my childhood memories that has to do with balloons are filled with anxiety, embarrassement if not sheer horror. I do remember some good feelings; the strange fascination that slowly showed up, the first time I dared take a balloon (uninflated) in my hand, the very first time I dared blow a (tiny) breath into a balloon, but these moments were all anxious times and probably do not fit the category of good childhood memories - not even though they were the best of what I experienced.

Of course I didn’t reply to this thread only to tell that I have nothing to tell, but instead of ‘good memories’ I will suggest to maybe incorporate what could be called ‘key memories’ meaning memories that showed to have a lasting and also important impact as far as this with balloons is concerned. If not here then maybe I should do it in a separate thread - also because I feel that quite many others have sufflered from a balloon phobia during childhood and thereby are in the same situation as me as far as good memories are concerned.

Let me give an example of what I mean by key memories:

One day I was travelling by train with mum and one of my brothers to a town not so far away. I was about 10 Years old at the time, and I was no longer completely phobic of balloons as I had started to secretly practise blowing them up in my room when I was sure nobody would notice. My fear had started to get both fascination and also a little bit of (plain) excitement into it.
      However when others had balloons I still got terrified as I did not know what would happen - or rather I just ‘knew’ that the balloon would pop.
      This day we entered the train - something I loved and that only rarely happened - and got into a compartment. On the seat facing us there were two girls about my age. The train left the station and I had just started to gaze at the landscape passing by when I heard the word ‘ballon’ (Danish for balloon), and one of the two girls took out a balloon and started to blow it up. I immidiately got terrified and wanted nothing more than to get away, but as mum had the ticket and it wasn’t controlled yet I had to stay in the compartment. I felt like sitting on needles. The two girls giggled and had fun by blowing up the balloon and letting the air out. The took turns at it, one blowing up the balloon and ‘presenting’ it to the other, then letting the air out and handling the balloon to the other - sometimes batting the other with the inflated balloon. I remember clearly it was a red airship balloon and how it got longer and longer, until it reached the end so to speak. After a while I just couldn’t take my eyes away, even though I was also scared stiff. They seemed to have such fun! However at some point the girl who had taken out the balloon in the first place looked at me in a strange way (or at least so it seemed) and began blowing up the balloon again. I remember very clearly how it got longer and longer, but that the girl just kept blowing. My clearest memory is that when balloon reached the end and even though there seemed to be no more balloon to be inflated it just kept getting longer anyway. Then at some point it started to also grow ‘fatter’ for a moment and right after it popped with an incredibly loud bang. I only hardly managed to not burst into tears, but the two girls just laughed and giggled, and to my surprise so did mum and my brother. For quite a while after this experience I was reluctant of travelling by train.

However the experience settled in my mind, and I came to so admire those two girls, and they became part of my ‘gallery of balloon role models’ if this makes any sense. I also came to look upon airship balloons as at first being especially dangerous, and later very exciting. To this day I find it really cool to see how these balloons grow and I love to watch in the mirror when I blow them up. It is especially cool when they are fully blown up and start to grow fatter just before they explode.

Even though I regard round balloons as my favorites the two girls on the train made airship balloons take their own special place in my heart.
      Little did they know what the caused by their silly game.

Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely
      Susie
      Last edited by SusieDK; 06-10-2019, 17:53. Reason: Correcting various errors.

Comment

• Helium Lover
        • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Chris Rock
        I've just remembered one of my great loon memories in my childhood.
        I was at the age of 4 or 5 as much. We were playing at kinder with some balloons after a birthday party, running everywhere with a bunch of 3 or 4 coloured balloons, laughing and screaming. Suddenly, our teacher stopped us and took away the bunch of balloons. I remember her as a young and beautiful woman. She was very angry and told us: "I told all of you to stop running everywhere as crazy!" (she was right ). She was wearing classic jeans and a white t-shirt. There was a chair very close to her (children chair), so she took it and put it in front of us. She put one of the balloons over the chair and placed her butt over it, like sitting on it. Her butt was touching the balloon and making some pressure over it, but not enough to make it pop, just to expand it a little. "Do you want me to burst it and then burst the rest of them too?" she asked, and we all said "NOOO!!". She stood up and returned back the balloons, and we sat and played quietly. I think I like s2p and women with jeans because of this, but I'm not sure.

Do you have a memory to share? I'd like to read other experiences. I have other ones to share too
        Were they helium?

Comment

• craggy2012
          • Jan 2012

What a lovely thread going here.

Regretfully though despite remembering sitting on a regular green balloon I was given when I was five or so, I never actually got into balloons in an adult sense till my mid teen years when I purchased a few of those joke shop giant balloons. They blew up to 2 or 3 feet in size, but owing to being really thin latex often went beyond that on their second or third inflation. I can remember letting one go across the room though. It didn’t go shooting off out of control though- it just slowly rasped and floated it’s way across the room in a straight line!

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
            • Jul 2017

Straddling a balloon after a party, while playing board games with my sister and cousin, and I got my first "tickle" down there.

After that, I experimented with balloons to recreate that feeling!

Comment

• UK-looner
              • Nov 2019

For me, my first balloon awakening was when I was about 8 and it was just before returning to school in January. My nextdoor neighbour friend (also 8) asked if I wanted to go round to his house and help his dad to take down the Christmas decoration. We then spent the morning taking down all the decorations and there were loads of balloons bunched into 6's or 8'. The dad told us to pack all the decorations away and to put all the balloons into the back room. I asked my friend what would happen to all the balloons and he said that after lunch we can go into the room and pop them.

They invited me to stay for lunch and afterwards I recall that the mum and sister went out shopping, leaving just dad and us two boys. Dad then said that we can help him clear all the balloons away and I asked him how they would be cleared. I was scared of balloons popping at this time and would often try to rescue balloons in danger of being popped. The dad said that he was going to bring a wooden chair into the room and we could watch him sitting on the balloons to burst them, and also bust them in other ways. My friend was delighted and asked his dad if he could also burst them. My heart was thumping, I wanted to leave but didn't want them to think I was afraid of what was about to happen to all those poor lovely balloons.

We then went into the room and dad took a wooden chair with him. The room was very hot as a coal fire was burning and the smell of the balloons was amazing. The heat had made them get very tight and shiny. Dad made himself comfortable on the chair and our job was to bring to him a bunch of balloons at a time. He took them and I had to watch him placing the poor balloons onto the chair and then see him slowly sitting on them, hearing them squeal and seeing their necks distort as they tried to survive, with no reprieve. But, to be honest, once I got used to the 'pops' I started to enjoy it and we raced to get another bunch of balloons ready for dad to burst.

There were also some long airship balloons and my friend started to thread them into a metal fireguard which stood in the corner. Soon, there were about 12 or 15 coloured long balloons all side-by-side, threaded onto this fireguard. He then said to his dad that they were ready and to my amazement, dad placed the fireguard in front of the coal fire and we all watched as the heat made the balloons expand and squeal against each other, becoming amazingly tight; then as the metal heated it was too much for the straining balloons and they randomly started to burst, as we cheered.

Dad then gave each of us a long knitting needle and we were allowed to select a bunch and use the needle on the balloons as dad watched. To this day, I truly believe he was turned on by the entire session and I know I went home, as a young BALLOON FETISHIST. I often wonder today if my friend still likes bursting balloons and does it with his kids now.

Thanks for reading my introduction to Balloons.

Comment

• PBK
                • Mar 2019

I was about 12. There was a party store near the shopping mall we visited. It was a couple weeks before Christmas and we were out Christmas shopping. When I was sure that I lost my parents I snuck into this party store. There was a white 4 foot Tilco/Prestige on the floor blown up with air. When nobody was looking I "groped" it. The latex felt heavenly under my fingers and the balloon made a loud squeal protesting the rough way that I handled it.
                The older lady that ran the store came out of nowhere and asked "can I help you?"
                I replied "do you have any of these balloons in stock?"
                "Certainly" she said.
                She showed me an aisle where a bunch of these 4 foot balloons were packaged and hung up on shelves of all colors.
                I selected a white, a yellow and an orange.
                I paid about $3.00 plus sales tax for each of them, thanked the lady and departed.
                That night, when I was sure my parents were fast asleep (my dad snored like a bear. I could hear it through his bedroom door) I took the yellow 4 footer and blew it up with my own air. It easily reached 4 feet but still had a lot of give. It was soft and squishy and had that aroma that Tilco/Prestige balloons had that no other balloon company was quite able to replicate. I was wearing nothing but my underwear and gave this balloon a big, long bear hug and involuntarily I felt a stirring between my legs and a sensation took over my entire body that I had never felt before. I let the balloon go and as it deflated I realized that I was having my first ever orgasm.....with a balloon! It was pure ecstasy. I felt like I was falling forever through a sea of pure pleasure.
                At first I was embarrassed at what I had done. Then, night after night, I repeated the experience with each balloon. The balloons lasted a long time.
                The following autumn I finally threw them away as they were so wrinkled and crusted up that I was worried that they could pop any time on me and I was and am phobic of popping.
                I'll never forget those 3 balloons. Specifically that yellow one. In the following years throughout my teens I met girls and had sex with them and it was amazing. I've since gotten married, had kids and have an amazing sex life with my wife.
                However, nothing will ever compare to that night in my parents basement at about 1 AM with the big yellow balloon and the summer that followed.

Comment

• pinpopper
                  • Mar 2019

When I was about 12 me and my friends found a huge bag of promotional balloons in the dumpster of a recently closed store. My friends started blowing them up and as I timid popper I was super nervous. My friends started popping and after we had bust about 10 I started to get brave and joined in. We bust loads. I really wanted to keep some and was worried my friends would bust the lot. Someone came and told us off for making a mess and noise and with that my friends lost interest. later that afternoon I ditched my friends and came back and salvaged what loons that were left.

Comment

• LoudPop
                    • Sep 2018

I have so many "key memories". Depending on how old I was and the stage of changing from phobic to popper affected the experience. Of course now as a popper, I look back on all those memories as good.

In 2nd grade, we had an assembly with a clown performance. During the clown show, he took a large balloon out of his pocket and started inflating it by mouth. He would stop as ask the audience if he should keep blowing it bigger. Of course, all the kids would yell "MORE!" and he would keep blowing. This went on and on build tension in the audience as the balloon got bigger and bigger. It was probably a 24" balloon. Some kids started to plug their ears but most just laughed, smiled and yelled for him to keep blowing. Seemed to me like everyone wanted it to get giant and explode! I was scared of how loud it was going to be and didn't want to show my fear. The balloon stopped growing and just got tighter and tighter...then BOOM! Hugh explosion of shredded latex and booming echo throughout the auditorium. Kids loved it and I wanted to be fearless like my classmates.

Also in 2nd grade at the Fall festival, every classroom had an activity/game and one room passed out these large 16" orange balloons on balloon sticks. (BTW, we had a Fall festival in grammar school every year) It never failed boys would get balloons, pop them, then run around popping other friends balloons with their stick. "Boys being boys" I was always "on guard" for a balloons popping and scaring me. I was self-conscious about showing my fear to others. I worked up my courage and went and asked for a balloon. Walked away timidly holding it carefully hoping it would not pop unexpectedly. Unknotted it and stuffed it in my pocket. At home, I decided I wanted to work on "getting over my fear", so I would blow up the orange balloon as big as I dared, then let the air out. I'd get very nervous once it was big and tight. This went on for several days. Each time the balloon would get a little thinner and grow a little bigger. Then, one day I blew it up super large and tight...then BOOM! It popped and surprised me but I was happy/excited and proud of myself. From that day on, I started testing balloon limits and popping them more and more...I really wanted to get over my fear of the bang. Looking back, I really enjoyed the process and excitement of getting over my fear of popping balloons.

In 6th grade, we had a Valentines Day party with a lot of balloons hung for decorations. During the party, I was a bit timid about flinching in front of classmates if a balloon pops. But, I was hoping to see some popping. And sure enough at the end of the party, the girls all start popping the balloons and laughing. I was memorized! I loved it!

I have a fault full of balloon memories (and firework/firecracker memories)...I might post more later.

/LoudPop

Comment

• Ryan556
                      • Sep 2016

I definitely had a few good looner memories as a child. I used to not be afraid of them but when I was 5 I was blowing up a balloon inside my great aunts hair saloon and accidentally popped it. There was plenty of times in elementry school where we had balloons but we were always forced to pop them because the kids who rode the bus couldn't take them on. I say a key memory from my childhood was getting haircuts because they always gave away a helium filled 12in if you were a kid at the place I went to. Would always play with them until I accidentally popped them. My last big childhood loon memoery would probably have to be when I was 12/13. My church had hoasted a overnight movie marathon for 6th graders-12th graders. I had gotten dropped off super early to hang with friends but I noticed they were blowing up these gold colored balloons that had to be 16-18inches which at that point I had never played with anything that big. Well as the night went on the other jr high kids were popping them all night but I was determined to save one of the bigger balloons that I had with me the whole night. Luckily I just happended to have a big overnight bag with me so I hid it in there. It was practically safe the whole night until our youth pastor started a game of dodgeball and during the game someone fell onto my bag and my heart dropped because I thought for sure the balloon was done for. It wasn't until I got picked up around 6/7am and grabbed my bag that I discovered that the balloon survived after all. Fast foward, I had my first orgasm ever with that balloon and it stayed at 16-18inches for a good 2 weeks. Eventually threw it since it was getting a lot of use from me. Will forever be my favorite looner moment as a child.

Comment

• Chip67
                        • Dec 2019

Hello My Fellow Looners,

I am a 63 yr. old married man from CT. I am a Non-Popper Helium Balloon Inflationist. My Fav's are large round 24" to 40" Helium Balloons, I can never get enough of them.

My love for balloons began around the age of 8 yrs old after seeing my favorite film, "The Red Balloon". From that moment on I thought about balloons all the time. I wanted to be lifted up in to the sky by big helium balloons just like Pascal, the boy in the film. I wanted balloons around me all the time. I even dreamt of about balloons. Pretty much everyday, after school my mother would go shopping at our local F.W. Woolworth's and I would ask my mom to buy me a big bag of assorted balloons which include flat round 40" balloons and so my collection started. As soon as I got home I would go up to my room and get out the Electrolux vacuum and inflate the entire bag. My bedroom was always filled with balloons. Then one day while at Woolworth's I heard the now familiar sound coming from the toy department. The sound of helium filling big 24" balloons !!!!! Our local Woolworth's standard balloon with the 24" Smiley Face Balloons. I was mesmerize watching them being inflated, I could watch them for hours. Going forward, besides my daily big bag of assorted balloons, my mother would buy me two to four of these outstanding Helium Balloons. So one day my mother had to run a couple of additional errands at some store not far from Woolworth's and ask the girls in the toy department if they would not mind keeping an eye on me while she ran her errands. The girls did not mind at all since I was always hang around watching them inflate these wondrous Helium Balloons. Well my mother was taking a little longer then expected to come and get me so I got the bright idea to ask the balloon girls to inflate some balloons for me. I told them she would pay for them when she came to get me. When asked how many balloons I wanted inflated, I said I would the girls when to stop !!! Woolworth had a inflation machine which would dial in a certain amount air with the helium, well that was not what I wanted at all. Since they thought I was so cute and well behaved I convince them to turn off the air and give me all helium. And also to inflate them as big as they could make them. I was so excited. Well by the time, my mother arrived to get me I was holding two dozen - 24" huge round helium balloons, I was in heaven !!!! My mother was not very happy with my allotment of all the balloons, but being a good mother she bought them. I thanked my balloon girls and said I would see them again soon So my mother proceed to make 4 round trips from Woolworth's and home to get all the balloons home. My parents were pretty cool about me and my balloons and saw how happy they made me, even though they didn't quite understand why I liked balloon so much. From that point forward, the decided it would be easier to rent a helium tank instead of making endless trip to Woolworth's. For the next several year, I always had a tank or two of helium around and I still do.

Also at Woolworth beside Blue Bird 2 Foot Smiley Balloon was Qualatex use to make a variety pack of various sized Qualatex Balloons, all different shapes and sizes. One of which was the Qualatex 40" Paddle. Wow did I buy ... my mother bought ....a lot of Qualatex Variety Packs, all for that one 40 P. Being a non-Popper, my collection of balloons grew at a rapid pace.

Another Big Balloon experiences were the frequent visits to the NYC Worlds Fair, most of the time 3 times each week from 1964 - 1966. At the exit, there was always a balloon vendor trying to entice children and mothers to buy huge 2 foot helium balloons to take home. OK, we went sometimes three times a week that three balloon a week. Well, I soon figured out ... since we are there why not pick up 2 - 2 foot balloons then it turned into 4 - two foot balloon. Mom said we could not buy any more then 4 Helium Balloons each trip, my mother was very cool about me and my big balloons .... I was happy.

I hope you enjoyed my story.

Happy Inflations,
                        Chip
                        Last edited by Chip67; 21-02-2020, 19:48.

Comment

• PBK
                          • Mar 2019

Originally posted by LoudPop

In 2nd grade, we had an assembly with a clown performance. During the clown show, he took a large balloon out of his pocket and started inflating it by mouth. He would stop as ask the audience if he should keep blowing it bigger. Of course, all the kids would yell "MORE!" and he would keep blowing. This went on and on build tension in the audience as the balloon got bigger and bigger. It was probably a 24" balloon. Some kids started to plug their ears but most just laughed, smiled and yelled for him to keep blowing. Seemed to me like everyone wanted it to get giant and explode! I was scared of how loud it was going to be and didn't want to show my fear. The balloon stopped growing and just got tighter and tighter...then BOOM! Hugh explosion of shredded latex and booming echo throughout the auditorium. Kids loved it and I wanted to be fearless like my classmates.
                          I had a similar experience when I was about 8. It was a travelling circus that came to town (Shriners, Gatti or Royal Canadian, I can't remember) and right at the beginning before the circus got started there was a LADY clown blowing up what looked to be an orange 24" balloon. After every puff she'd look at the crowd and they'd scream "BIGGER" and of course she'd put another breath in and repeat. The balloon got impossibly huge and had a very long neck. I watched in horror with my hands over my ears until the inevitable "BANG" followed by a huge laugh and cheer from the audience. Of course the clown made a show of acting surprised that the balloon popped and she fell backwards to her butt in an exaggerated display of being surprised. I've had many fantasies about that since. I'm not into clowns at all in fact I hate them but that lady clown could blow my balloons anytime.

Another clown "experience" was at a different circus where a clown brought out 3 balloons. 2 smaller but still large (say, 17") blue balloons and a very overinflated 24" pink balloon. The clown started batting one of the blue balloons up in the air playing with it and another clown would sneak up behind with a long needle and pop the balloon. The first clown would make a show of being upset and chase the other clown away. The same thing would happen with the other blue balloon. When the sneaky clown would sneak up with his needle and pop the pink balloon, the pink balloon exploded with a much louder bang and had glitter and confetti in it and the first clown would chase the 2nd right off the floor and the skit would be over.

My mom dragged me to lots of circuses. Pretty much every one that came through town.

Comment

• PBK
                            • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Chip60
                            Hello My Fellow Looners,

I am a 63 yr. old married man from CT. I am a Non-Popper Helium Balloon Inflationist. My Fav's are large round 24" to 40" Helium Balloons, I can never get enough of them.

My love for balloons began around the age of 8 yrs old after seeing my favorite film, "The Red Balloon". From that moment on I thought about balloons all the time. I wanted to be lifted up in to the sky by big helium balloons just like Pascal, the boy in the film. I wanted balloons around me all the time. I even dreamt of about balloons. Pretty much everyday, after school my mother would go shopping at our local F.W. Woolworth's and I would ask my mom to buy me a big bag of assorted balloons which include flat round 40" balloons and so my collection started. As soon as I got home I would go up to my room and get out the Electrolux vacuum and inflate the entire bag. My bedroom was always filled with balloons. Then one day while at Woolworth's I heard the now familiar sound coming from the toy department. The sound of helium filling big 24" balloons !!!!! Our local Woolworth's standard balloon with the 24" Smiley Face Balloons. I was mesmerize watching them being inflated, I could watch them for hours. Going forward, besides my daily big bag of assorted balloons, my mother would buy me two to four of these outstanding Helium Balloons. So one day my mother had to run a couple of additional errands at some store not far from Woolworth's and ask the girls in the toy department if they would not mind keeping an eye on me while she ran her errands. The girls did not mind at all since I was always hang around watching them inflate these wondrous Helium Balloons. Well my mother was taking a little longer then expected to come and get me so I got the bright idea to ask the balloon girls to inflate some balloons for me. I told them she would pay for them when she came to get me. When asked how many balloons I wanted inflated, I said I would the girls when to stop !!! Woolworth had a inflation machine which would dial in a certain amount air with the helium, well that was not what I wanted at all. Since they thought I was so cute and well behaved I convince them to turn off the air and give me all helium. And also to inflate them as big as they could make them. I was so excited. Well by the time, my mother arrived to get me I was holding two dozen - 24" huge round helium balloons, I was in heaven !!!! My mother was not very happy with my allotment of all the balloons, but being a good mother she bought them. I thanked my balloon girls and said I would see them again soon So my mother proceed to make 4 round trips from Woolworth's and home to get all the balloons home. My parents were pretty cool about me and my balloons and saw how happy they made me, even though they didn't quite understand why I liked balloon so much. From that point forward, the decided it would be easier to rent a helium tank instead of making endless trip to Woolworth's. For the next several year, I always had a tank or two of helium around and I still do.

I hope you enjoyed my story.

Happy Inflations,
                            Chip
                            Another helium fan! Nice to see. I go through a large tank about every 6 months. Sure not getting any cheaper, though.
                            I remember Woolworth's well! We had them up in Canada, too, until the early 90's. My mom (and later me with allowance money) bought many of the old classic Blue Bird punchballs from there.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2018

Another helium user here too. I go through three medium-sized tanks per year. It's actually cheaper for me to do that, then use two large tanks, as it costs me about £100 less!

Comment

• spkrlf
                                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by LoudPop
                                I have a fault full of balloon memories (and firework/firecracker memories)...I might post more later.

/LoudPop
                                Please do!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡