Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frenchy
    • Sep 2018

Re: SHOSU.nl

VLP glue made by Performix and a spare piece of PVC - a cheap beachball piece will be just fine. Put a piece of wax paper under the repair (inside the roll) so you don’t accidentally glue the ride roll together to the other side. Put something of weight over the repair for 24 hours.

Tear Aid type B vinyl repair tape works well too. You can get both on Amazon.

Comment

• t17forLife
      • May 2015

Originally posted by frenchy
      VLP glue made by Performix and a spare piece of PVC - a cheap beachball piece will be just fine. Put a piece of wax paper under the repair (inside the roll) so you don’t accidentally glue the ride roll together to the other side. Put something of weight over the repair for 24 hours.

Tear Aid type B vinyl repair tape works well too. You can get both on Amazon.
      It looks like the type B is an easier solution since I don't have any transparent vinyl. Would it be the worst idea to use the entire 5ft strip on the majority of that seam to heed off any future tears?

Comment

• frenchy
        • Sep 2018

Actually a very good idea! Make sure the adhesive tape is nice and flat with no wrinkles. Place it on slowly on a hard, flat surface. Follow the directions that come with the tape. Once it is on, rub it with special attention to the edges for good adherence. Don’t inflate right away, wait a day. Good luck.

Comment

• LoneLoonRider
          • Jan 2017

I'm also having issues with my RR-700 that got a bunch of splits in the seam. I bought some Type B tape as suggested earlier and will report back after using it.

Comment

• OverTheTop
            • Dec 2013

Well, this is disappointing to read as someone with an RR700 arriving tomorrow... Any acknowledgement from SHOSU about the apparent issues? If it's this prone to splitting I might see if I can get a refund.

Comment

• TheMole
              • Nov 2019

Glad to hear some people having good experiences with the ride rolls as I've been thinking about picking one up. The shipping cost to the US (sorry for the pun) blows, though, so that's why I haven't.

Comment

• t17forLife
                • May 2015

Originally posted by OverTheTop
                Well, this is disappointing to read as someone with an RR700 arriving tomorrow... Any acknowledgement from SHOSU about the apparent issues? If it's this prone to splitting I might see if I can get a refund.
                They're fun as hell save for the seam splitting.

SHOSU as a company kinda pisses me off though. They seem to be legit and have pretty good marketing/products, but I'm not a big fan of the service. Their shipping was expensive relative to the speed (over $50 to ship the RR-700 and a beach ball and took almost a month to arrive). I also don't like how they limit the production numbers for their products (no more ThirtyThreeRooms SPH beach ball, RR-700 and -1200 are never restocked, several other production runs discontinued) which seems counterintuitive for a company which has such a large market to sell to, especially in Europe since y'all seem to be a lot more kinky than us Yanks.

I plan to get some Type b soon and attempt a repair. If this turns out to be a common issue over time, and more so than the average "good" inflatable, I'll pull my recommendation and spread the word elsewhere.

Comment

• frenchy
                  • Sep 2018

I’m going to sell a RR-700 soft touch blue ($50 + $15.50 for shipping) and a RR- 1200 soft touch pearl ($70 + $15.50 shipping). I live in the USA. I have a very bouncy pink one that I love. I’m 240 lbs and no problem bouncing on it. Super fun. I’ll take PayPal or Venmo. I’ll list on eBay soon so let me know as soon as possible.

Comment

• frenchy
                    • Sep 2018

Since no one here has shown interest, I'm listing them for sale.

Comment

• Danman1987
                      • Nov 2012

It seems Shosu is going to sell newer Ride Rolls with bigger dimensions, new colors and stronger seams. I'm curious. I hope I get the correct colors which I want this time.

Comment

• LoneLoonRider
                        • Jan 2017

That's cool. I think I'm done with Shosu for a bit. Their products are great, but their logistics aren't. Shipping is considerably expensive and takes a long time.

Hopefully in the future they'll have faster and cheaper international shipping (to USA).

I'll check back in a few months.

Comment

• Danman1987
                          • Nov 2012

I just pre-ordered the Ride Rolls. I can't wait to receive them.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                            • May 2017

I was half set on getting the transparent RR 700s, but the feedback about seam rips and other issues has pretty much chilled my enthusiasm for this lot. And again, just overly and ridiculously expensive.

Comment

• Gudda
                              • Jul 2021

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like homse89.

Yeah i got the Shosu Ride Roll 1200 yesterday. It feels really nice and the seams feels like they are solid.
                              Even though the PVC is thick it doesn't feel like a rubber dingy.

I was lucky enough to get to fuck my GF on it later that day
                              It was a little bit tricky i have to admit but letting a little air out helped a lot.

Comment

• Sappho
                                • Dec 2020

I'm in love with this company.
                                If they are re-vamping the ride roll, I will definitely keep my eye on their website!
                                I've been interested in it for a while and wanted to get it for Christmas, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎