Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blueballoondude89
    • Apr 2022

What was this Australian balloon brand?

In 1978, these were included with the Mr. Gaspo helium tank. I’m wondering if anyone maybe knows what brand these were? I definitely wouldn’t know. Did Belbal exist in Australia at the time? http://youtube.com/watch?v=i_o65WZhrsE

At 4:28 they do another balloon segment and then they even have Mylar balloons!
    Last edited by Blueballoondude89; 06-05-2022, 22:45.
  • Seidenki
    • Dec 2016

Re: What was this Australian balloon brand?

Belbal's own website says they've been making balloons since 1984, which is some time after that video.

As to what was in that video, unless you were there, I daresay it is almost impossible to say. In my experience, balloons being a branded item was not a widely known concept until somewhat recently. Even now, I still encounter people surprised they can be identified by brand. As well as that, we've seen balloon makers disappear in the last decade - well, there were probably lots more small brands way back then, too.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
      • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Seidenki
      Belbal's own website says they've been making balloons since 1984, which is some time after that video.

As to what was in that video, unless you were there, I daresay it is almost impossible to say. In my experience, balloons being a branded item was not a widely known concept until somewhat recently. Even now, I still encounter people surprised they can be identified by brand. As well as that, we've seen balloon makers disappear in the last decade - well, there were probably lots more small brands way back then, too.
      I guess we’ll never know then! But I wish I could’ve had some of those Gaspo printed balloons. Love those. Also speaking of brands, there was this episode of Mister Rogers from 1982 where he showed footage of a balloon factory. And it wasn’t Pioneer or Qualatex, it was a now defunct company named Van Penn Balloons, located in Pennsylvania. I wonder how long they’ve been gone.

Comment

• npratt
        • Jul 2016

Thanks for the link, don't get to see nonpop helium inflation too often.

I'd rather invite Miss Gasponaut (at 9:40) to my "pahhtee", but that's just me.
        Hey Tracy -- there are your smaller airship balloons at 11:33!

Comment

• Golden
          • Jun 2022

well lol that was odd to watch why did the mascot have nips on his left and right checks lol I mean the Balloons where cool. loved the necked ones.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎