Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heliumsitr68
    • Nov 2021

"Documentaries"

Has any one seen any documentaries regarding our fetish that doesn't make us look weird or freaky ? The ones I've seen seem to do just that . My friend and his wife who both know of my fetish agreed with me after I asked them to watch one one of them and give their opinion
    They also agreed that the program really portrayed us in a bad light.

What do you think ?? Are there any of these shows that portray us better ? I get that our fetish isn't anywhere close to "mainstream" but geez !!!
    Popper ! I love helium balloons
  • Exaturbo
    • Feb 2021

Re: "Documentaries"

There was one that had the guys behind Nordic looners in it that wasn’t bad.
    Can’t think of the name of it. Think it was on discovery channel.

Comment

• glovepopper
      • May 2019

Originally posted by Exaturbo
      There was one that had the guys behind Nordic looners in it that wasn’t bad.
      Can’t think of the name of it. Think it was on discovery channel.
      -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZQswT_BlSw

Comment

• Meililoon
        aka lyckr
        • Sep 2014

The Discovery one is the best one by far https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngE3LKSftPc
        Most of the others I've seen have either been quite awkward or downright bad, or they've been talking to content creators who don't necessarily know what they're talking about.

Comment

• BalloonFun
          • Apr 2022

Originally posted by lyckr
          The Discovery one is the best one by far https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngE3LKSftPc
          Most of the others I've seen have either been quite awkward or downright bad, or they've been talking to content creators who don't necessarily know what they're talking about.
          I have to agree -- I love this short documentary. It's a very informative, as well as a very playful and innocent, examination of our fascination (aka fetish) with balloons. I like how the young lady from Nordic Looners and her special friend helped put this together for Discovery, and I love how it is not at all condescending.

Comment

• Tracy
            • May 2018

The Nordic Looners one was great - hands down the best, I think because done by a couple who shared the interest (though I think whatshername was not the original looner of the two). And - I cannot overstate this - but they treated the balloon thing as an extension of their relationship, not a substitute for it.

A distant second place on documentaries, and I cannot even remember if it was Playboy or Penthouse... but back in the early days of the internet both had web/cable sites. One of them did a segment on balloon fetishes and it was mostly intelligent and non sensationalistic. This would have been 20 years ago, maybe more, and I remember thinking at the time "well finally we have someone telling the story".

However imperfectly, as always...

Comment

• BalloonFun
              • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Tracy
              The Nordic Looners one was great - hands down the best, I think because done by a couple who shared the interest (though I think whatshername was not the original looner of the two). And - I cannot overstate this - but they treated the balloon thing as an extension of their relationship, not a substitute for it.

A distant second place on documentaries, and I cannot even remember if it was Playboy or Penthouse... but back in the early days of the internet both had web/cable sites. One of them did a segment on balloon fetishes and it was mostly intelligent and non sensationalistic. This would have been 20 years ago, maybe more, and I remember thinking at the time "well finally we have someone telling the story".

However imperfectly, as always...
              You're right -- Dennis (the guy) is the original looner, while his SO (female) was simply into latex -- easy to see how the two blend so well with each other.

Comment

• morningside92
                • Jul 2020

I particularly liked this one, although it is more like a podcast than an actual documentary. The host is incredibly open and welcoming, and the guest is very natural too

OPEN UP THE DESCRIPTION FOR LINKS :)special thanks to Jeff for the great interview!SHOP MY CLOTHING STORE AT https://internet-girlfriend.com​​​​ @INTERNETGFS...

Comment

• heliumsitr68
                  • Nov 2021

The Nordic Loners one is rather good . I have seen the Playboy TV one , it wasn't bad either . I think the 2 I remember were on TLC possibly ? One was bad and the other was horrible ! The background music was usually really foreboding and creepy and the narrator made everyone out to be weirdos ! The other had this psychologist woman who came off as a complete looney nutjob. I do however , remember that one of the previews for the balloon fetish episode was awesome ! It was 100 times better than the episode itself . It had a woman with a large bunch of maybe 24" clear helium balloons playing around with them and popping one at the end . She seemed to really be enjoying herself !

Comment

Only one I can really think off is this one but it focuses more on furries that are looners while still explaining the looner fetish. I like it but then again I might be biased as I am a furry as well. No idea how well it holds up to people outside of the furry fandom.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Asclepio
                      • Sep 2018

There are many documentaries about us, but I can’t remember anyone being really good at explaining our fetish, tbh I remember being mad at one where DominaElle appears and not because of her (I know she did the best for our community many years ago) It is because the other “protagonist” is a guy that believes that loons have feelings and cried in the show and he was so fucking weird in a “cringe” way, Idk how to describe it, but that guy seemed like the worse person to represent us, I almost believe he is not even a looner just a guy paid to be ridiculous.
                      We need a documentary that can show us with respect and that can understand what is everything about, the other documentaries are not good enough IMO.
                      A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Scooter
                        • May 2022

Sadly it's in that spot where if a producer wants a documentary done about a fetish that's weird we come to mind quicker. We're too known to be forgotten, and too niche to appeal to non-looners (at least without a little explanation).

Not helping things is the sometimes great differences between members of the fetish, where people like it for different things... and of course the producers want someone on the more "extreme" side for views or whatever. Can't make something boring.

I think something in an interview style (like the one posted earlier in this thread) is ultimately a better way to explain the fetish than a documentary, since for most looners it's not something that overtakes your life, but instead is just a quirky addition.

Comment

• scamper
                          • Jul 2016

I said none of the above most documentary by seeing are more exploitation with a narcissistic host engaging in sideshow like tourism, as in look at this weird group.

Comment

• heliumsitr68
                            • Nov 2021

@ Asclepio : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIpmWt4xfh8

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
                              • Apr 2021

Originally posted by heliumsitr68
                              Dis- gust- ing....on Nat Geo's part...I remember seeing the nat geo documentary taboo episode when it premiered, I even went as far as to record it....and promptly recorded over it as it made me feel....I just didn't like it. I agree with everything Dominaelle had to say in her YouTube video reply. ..everything she said in her reply was clearly not a drug induced or a drunken rant; granted she was clearly upset but she was remarkably coherent and had fantastic composer during the entire video. To think how old this video is and I had never seen it but it contains nothing but TRUTH.

There was a cable channel in the u.s. called ZDTV...a cable channel devoted to computers, games and technology which in the mid 2000's became "Tech TV" . Great channel being that I'm a gaming and computer nerd, I watched it all the time. Back in '04 I believe...a show premiered on the channel called, "Wired For Sex" which discussed how technology is now integrated with modern sexual culture. I think episode 3 or 4 was titled " twenty-first century fetishes" which featured a rather attractive girl who had a balloon fetish. Through the segment the girl with the balloon fetish was interviewed and multiple experts explained just purely what a fetish is and why something like BALLOONS would even become a fetish. But it was in the way it was explained...not condescending or in a weird way...even the narrator(who was female) had a very sympathetic, understanding tone. It was my first introduction to the looner community. Before that broadcast I truly thought I was the only looner in the whole world...that had to be back in 2004...it was by far the first and BEST looner documentary I had ever seen. It made me aware & very shortly after that I got my first laptop and you all can guess what happened after that!! As self couscous as I was about balloons and inflation back then I truly did not feel ridiculed by that portrayal of our community in that documentary at all. In fact I watched it a hundred times on my DVR before we upgraded and it sadly got deleted from my library...
                              What i wouldn't give to find that episode of Wired for sex: twenty-first century fetishes again...I can't seem to find it anywhere but in my humble opinion it is by far the best documentary about us and if one can find it i highly recommend it!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎