Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheBiggertheBetter
    • Dec 2020

Favorite 12 inch latex?

I'm looking to stock up on 12 inch balloons. I don't need super tough balloons for riding, etc. But something for BTP, STP, filling a room, etc. Soft texture, nice shape, and reliable inflation are all a plus.

Any recommendations?
  • marja

Re: Favorite 12 inch latex?

For 12"I would recommend the brand that is commonly available at your place. Here in the Netherlands Folatex is the brand sold in every party store. Their 12" are decent. Pretty easy to b2p, but stable enough for decoration. I never purchased "expensive" brands from the well known online suppliers, when regarded to 12" balloons. But that's also because I like slightly bigger balloons (14") myself.
    The 14" balloons I prefer are Belbal and unique. Both also have 12" balloons in their range (Belbal sometimes labelled as B105), so you could also try to order them.

Comment

• wildheart
      • Apr 2015

Sempertex are really good 12 inch. They feel like normal party balloons but are really good quality. Belbal do some nice 12 inch too and neck well.
      How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
      My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Meililoon
        aka lyckr
        • Sep 2014

I have by far the most experience with 12" Unique/Globos. They're easy to pop if you want to, but rarely pop unexpectantly in my experience. I think I've had a 2-3% failure rate with them on average, which doesn't sound too bad imho. At least half of them were because they had a hole at the drip point and were leaking air, rather than popping. The only downside uf you ask me is the shape. They're more round, at least before they start necking, while I prefer more teardrop shaped balloons.

Comment

• AJK64
          • Jun 2018

My go to 12 inchers used to be unique. The crystal ones were soft and would inflate beyond rated size very easily. But they seem to have changed the recipe about 4 years ago and are now a bit more plastic feeling (not soft) and become rigid and inflexible at rated size. Would love to find a replacement more like the old recipe.

Comment

• TheBiggertheBetter
            • Dec 2020

Thanks. I’ve had the Sempertex and absolutely loved them. Unfortunately we can’t get them easily in the US. I had to order them on eBay from the UK.

I will try Unique 12s. I absolutely love Unique 16s, but they are scarce on this side of the pond. I have seen a few of the 12s online.

Comment

• Regular Guy
              • Aug 2015

I do not have that much experience on 12" balloons and particular brands, but I like Belbal 12" (B105). They are quite tough and develop a good neck.

I also like Q11, which easily can be pushed beyond rated size by multiple inflation.

Comment

• randomlooner316
                • Apr 2021

Tuf Tex. One of my hobbies was shoving action figures into balloons.(I'm messed up like that) Tuf Tex balloons where thick enough latex to let me work the actions in without the latex ripping.

Comment

• TheBiggertheBetter
                  • Dec 2020

I am finding 12 inch Uniques almost as hard to find as the 16s.

After reading some reviews on Amazon, I got a bag of Winkybooms. They seemed to have better reviews than the typical cheap balloons. No complaints of smell, holes, or premature bursting.

They arrived yesterday and I am impressed. Obviously not Qualatex grade, but 110 for $11 ain’t bad. I pushed a few well beyond rated size without issue.

Comment

• loonerlee
                    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by wildheart
                    Sempertex are really good 12 inch. They feel like normal party balloons but are really good quality. Belbal do some nice 12 inch too and neck well.
                    Yes definitely sempertex, I like there clear spray affect ones

Comment

• b0f0s0f
                      • Nov 2016

It seems like Unique changed their formula, the previous 12" balloons were very soft and got big and round rather than necking (which I like), but I've heard the newer ones are much tighter and won't stretch as far. Might be worth trying both. The packages that look like this are the old ones, and the ones that look like this are the new ones.

Comment

• Mutaloon
                        • Nov 2018

I've ordered a package of 12" balloons that came in a count of 200 balloons from something similar to winkybooms. It's no longer available but they perform the task similar to what you are wanting just as good.

Comment

• stormbubble
                          • Nov 2017

I've tried several off brand 12 inch and i think we need a guide to how thin or thick they are- it's always hit or miss. How would you rate these winkybooms? I found some nice birthday balloons that inflate good, they can be on the thin side though (Jyoker). I don't' like them too thin or too thick, guess i'm picky.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                            • Jun 2015

Take a look at all of the information on these WinkyBoom balloons. The 12" measurement is measured from mouth piece to drip point, not diameter from side to side. In looner terms, they're only about 9" balloons. I doubt whether you would get them to 12". Poppers could give it a go though and report back.

Comment

• Danniballoon
                              • Mar 2018

I agree with the previous posts, definitely Sempertex. One of my rescued balloon arches was made up from Sempertex. Loved it

I used to like the old Fantasias made in the UK, they were lovely & stretchy, but they went and changed the formulation to suit helium retention :-( Their 10" were best and had lovely long necks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎