X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lgcm
    • Aug 2021

Balloon questions from a newbie

Hey Looners!

Sorry for the spam, i know I've been posting a lot lately, I just want to make the most out of this fetish, as our community is so helpful!

My questions are:

1. Does the colour of a balloon have any effect on durability/softness etc?

2. Does the paddle mould (opposed to the round mould) impact durability?
    - Every balloon site puts a disclosure underneath balloons with a paddle mould - almost sounds like a warning....

Thanks all!
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Re: Balloon questions from a newbie

The color of balloons can definietly affect how they perform. I don't think most of them are consistent between brands though, maybe except clear, black and possibly white.
    Having by far the most experience with 16" Unique I can tell that some colors do get bigger and feels more durable than others. White and crystal yellow are probably the most notable examples in my experience.

I don't know if the mould matters when it comes to durability. I generalyl prefer round moulds, rather than paddle (which often makes the balloon looked a bit squished). I also had a case where I had bought a huge Cattex paddle balloon (55" I think) and it ended up only stretching out on one side. I didn't notice it until after it had popped and I saw that part of it was barely stretched at all.

Comment

Talking about colors I personally love pink balloons, specially if they are punchball.
      Talking about shape the round one is my favorite even because punchball balloons are one best for me.
      I always thought, but is just based on my experience, that white colour is the most weak.
      I had so many pops with white balloons

Comment

• SweetBouncer
        • Mar 2020

From my experience when a balloon making industry use paddle molds they get a worst quality and sell them at a cheaper price. And like lyckr said they tend to strech worse than a fluted mold. The only time when a paddle may work to me is if the balloon skin is thin enough, then they get big and soft, also a little weak, but they tend to be cheper than fluted ones of the same size.

I think there is some example of this in Indian balloons, i think the bigger ones are paddled.

Comment

• Lgcm
          • Aug 2021

Thank you all for your insight... It has definitely given me a better idea of what to look out for with my next purchases!

Do you all have a colour preference? I have to say my fav at the moment is crystal orange or crystal light blue

Comment

• Meililoon
            aka lyckr
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Lgcm
            Do you all have a colour preference? I have to say my fav at the moment is crystal orange or crystal light blue
            My favorite is crystal purple, but I enjoy almost all colors, so long as they're vibrant. Dull pastel colors and those new "soap" crystal colors don't do much for me.

Originally posted by Teabag
            I always thought, but is just based on my experience, that white colour is the most weak.
            I think the strength of different colors varies a lot with brands. The white Uniques I've had have generally been among the strongest. Meanwhile I've generally speaking had bad luck with yellow balloons, but the crystal yellow Uniques have been really good in my experience.

Comment

• Scaredyburst
              • Dec 2020

Originally posted by Teabag

I find white balloons weak and unpredictable too.
              🎈📌💥 🐕 🐖

Comment

• LoonerHoax
                • May 2020

Black balloons are usually weak. With Qualatex, I find that the crystal blue and green get the biggest. With Tuftex I always preferred the crystal purple because they seemed to get huge. The 16" Unique in goldenrod or cream seemed to always get bigger than the others. Any sort of red always seemed to be smaller. In general, I always felt that crystal balloons got bigger than standard colors.

Comment

• Lgcm
                  • Aug 2021

Thanks for this

Comment

The only time I know that color off the balloon plays any role in its durability is with black balloons sometimes. I feel that they are alot more unpredictable, Especially since black absorbs heat so if a black balloon gets left in sunlight for too long it will just burst on its own. This is why I kinda both love and hate black balloons. Love em cuz I get off on the idea of a balloon just randomly bursting as it sits around your home. And hate em just cuz of the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎