Clear All
  • AndreasLooner

Re: Balloons in the background of tv episodes or movies

Comment

• SmartestFool
      • Jun 2023

What is it from?

Also, not sure if that qualifies, but there's someone with a big column and a bag of balloons (a seller?) in the background of the music video for Ice Cube's Who's The Mack.

Comment

• Golden
        • Jun 2022

Originally posted by SmartestFool

What is it from?

]
        The TV show is called the good place.

Comment

• loonypirate20
          • Oct 2020

In addition to all those other ones mentioned, I would like to add Smallville to the list. Season one in particular has a lot of scenes full of balloons in the background, but the episode that comes to mind is S1E18, where Clark decides to run for class president. I added two clips, the first of which features balloons in the beginning and the second featuring them in the last half. Apparently, no one's made a clip joining these two moments even though they are just a few minutes apart. I really want to know what the person decorating was thinking and if they were one of us!

Smallville Season 1 Episode 18Clark decides to run for Class PresidentDroneAll copyrights go to Warner Bros/DCI DO NOT CLAIM ANY RIGHTS

Initially reluctant at getting involved in politics and trying something completely different, Clark finds the race to actually be more fun than he expected....

Comment

• Golden
            • Jun 2022

Originally posted by loonypirate20
            In addition to all those other ones mentioned, I would like to add Smallville to the list. Season one in particular has a lot of scenes full of balloons in the background, but the episode that comes to mind is S1E18, where Clark decides to run for class president. I added two clips, the first of which features balloons in the beginning and the second featuring them in the last half. Apparently, no one's made a clip joining these two moments even though they are just a few minutes apart. I really want to know what the person decorating was thinking and if they were one of us!
            ]
            First eposide as well, where the asked Lana what color of balloons she wanted...but they ended up doing multicolor balloons which I found funny. There is Arrow as well, john wick the continental first epoisde. The flash.

Comment

• Nopops4me
              • Jun 2015

Balloons only as part of the scenery and not interacted with at all. Have there been any movie/tv episode where a balloon has burst on its own?

Comment

If a balloon would burst on its own in a TV show and its not part of the script they would most likely just edit it out or do a re-take

Comment

• Benjy
                  • Mar 2018

I like it when shows go the extra mile with props. Inflatables examples, but two that spring to mind, as they were both set in the 90's.
                  There was some fairly meh drama thing on E4 some years ago, of the 'randy teenagers want to get stoned and bonk' variety with a pool party... where the props department had clearly just nipped to the nearest toyshop and grabbed a few bits (even modern character-print stuff I think).
                  By contrast, I seem to remember that the swimming pool scenes in "Stranger Things" featured the classic 4ft red/white/blue/yellow beach balls, without warning panels, which would have been around at the time. Clearly a props manager doing their homework

Comment

• SlightlyDeflated
                    • Nov 2016

There is a TV movie from 1980 called Murder Can Hurt You where there is a scene with a whole bunch of massive balloons. Found it on YouTube recently after not seeing it in years.

Comment

• SAF
                      • Nov 2019

Comment

• Golden
                        • Jun 2022

How I'd l ove to be in this movie.

The Witches Of Eastwick - Witchcraft - YouTube

Comment

• Golden
                          • Jun 2022

Robocop 2014 reboot. When they where unvailing Robocop some massive balloons there.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
                            • May 2020

Originally posted by Yanzuh
                            If a balloon would burst on its own in a TV show and its not part of the script they would most likely just edit it out or do a re-take
                            I mentioned it in another thread a while ago, but there is an episode of Grey's Anatomy where one of the characters pops a balloon on a helium tank.

Another movie scene with tons of Q36 and Q24 that are all custom painted is in Toby Maguire's Spiderman 3. The scene starts around the 43 minute mark.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
                              • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Yanzuh
                              There’s this episode of Family Matters (The Steve Urkel show for anyone who isn’t familiar) where there’s a school dance with lots of helium balloons (this is in Season 4) and during the end credits, the actor playing the football coach or principal walks into the gym and seemingly accidentally pops a balloon. There’s another at their Prom where Steve’s remote controlled balloon drop malfunctions and some of them pop from the sparks coming out of the device. There’s another where they’re setting up for a different prom and Steve knocks some scenery over and it pops a balloon. Lol. He also sits on a few by accident and pops them in an earlier episode and I wonder if that was scripted.

Comment

• Azurefox
                                • Jan 2023

Originally posted by Nopops4me
                                Balloons only as part of the scenery and not interacted with at all. Have there been any movie/tv episode where a balloon has burst on its own?
                                There was an old YTV sitcom that aired in the 2000's called Radioactive in which a character named Ethan brings helium balloons into the broadcasting room. One scene which I believe was intended to be deliberately awkward involved the balloons randomly popping while the characters were talking.

The whole series is on YouTube if you want to check it out. Just search YTV Radioactive. Although I wouldn't be putting that much effort looking up specific scenes like that lol. It's a pretty good for a YTV sitcom though. This George guys is one of those helplessly stupid characters that ends up creating really amusing scenes. IMO he carried the show completely.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎