Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucid
    • Sep 2016

Re: Coming to acceptance of balloon fetish

I've personally never unerstood why any of us would EVER feel the need to "come out" to our families about our fetish in the 1st place. Or anybody for that matter. With the obvious exceptions of our partners or maybe some good friends that discuss various weird things they're into. Why would you put your family in such an awkward situation when they're never going to be around during your balloon related activities. Just imagine your mom walks up to you and tells you she enjoys squealing like a dirty piglet during rough sex. Or, what if your dad told you that whenever you're not around, he likes dressing up as sonic the hedgehog and getting beaten with fly swatters? Barf city lol. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with these things, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to know this about them. Neither do they.

Comment

I have always and still to this day feel weird about having a balloon fetish. Part of it I'm sure is from being shamed for it and having balloons taken away when I was young and told I shouldn't make myself silly or be naughty with balloons. There was this period of time where I became far more private instead of popping them in the open regularly until they gave up on punishing me and allowed me to have them again. I think this is something that also gave it some of its appeal. Being "naughty" with balloons. There were the the years that my family allowed me to have them and pop them as a kid and bought them for me and all the years I bought them myself. They didn't pay it much attention then just laughed and cheered me on. There was the time when my stepmother had blown up a bunch and encouraged me to have fun popping them and said there wasn't anything wrong with it. It was just cheap fun and a good stress reliever and joined in popping them. That made me feel somewhat normal blowing them up and busting them around her. Normal enough that we talked about which ones were funnest, easiest, toughest to pop, what the funnest ways to pop them were, etc...and both popped them routinely until she walked in on me humping a couple of them and then it became awkward so I became far more private with it all again. There was only one other time and I cannot remember why as a teen but I felt comfortable enough to bring up balloons to my mother and had a bunch so we blew them all up and popped them all. But other than those times I still feel weird and shy about it even talking to my significant other. I feel like it's something most people would judge me for and make fun of. Fortunately my significant other has been very open and understanding and even participates with me. But outside of her I don't think I would ever speak of it to anyone.

Comment

• Chip67
        • Dec 2019

Hello My Fellow Non-Poppers, I have loved Balloon, especially Helium Baloons since I was 8 years old in 1964 and still do at age 67. I have a very loving wife who understands my balloon enjoyment and supports it fully. I go in phases, I enjoy inflating balloons sometimes more often, sometimes less often. But it still is with me most of the time. Happy Inflations to all.

Comment

• BalloonFun
          • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Chip60
          Hello My Fellow Non-Poppers, I have loved Balloon, especially Helium Baloons since I was 8 years old in 1964 and still do at age 67. I have a very loving wife who understands my balloon enjoyment and supports it fully. I go in phases, I enjoy inflating balloons sometimes more often, sometimes less often. But it still is with me most of the time. Happy Inflations to all.
          You're so lucky with a supportive wife!

Comment

• Popper_Semi
            • Jul 2023

I am in my 50s and I have carried this many years. I have a very loving SO that loves me and is very supportive. She has accepted the balloon fetish and known about it for years. It does not do much for her. But she gets that it does something for me. It can be divisive at times, but I am grateful I have a person that I felt confident enough and had enough trust in to share it with.

I got better at accepting my fetish just recently. I spent a lot of years harboring the "secret." Outside of my wife, and a couple of therapists... I've told no one. But it's freeing to have a person you can tell. What a gift this online forum is. I just recently signed on. It's a huge help with confidence to come on here and see others that have done many things just like me. The descriptions are very similar to things I have done, the feelings I have harbored and so on

I grew up pre-internet. I discovered that I was not alone in the early days of being on line when I did a search and .. there it was. That was in my late 20s. Up to that point I felt so alone.

I went through my youth with a huge fear of popping. I dreaded going to parties where I knew someone would be popping. I used the word "weird" to describe this most of my life (in my head I guess... Since I seldom spoke if it out loud).... In the last couple of years I've began to refer to it as a "fascination" or a "curiosity." It helps. When speaking to my wife, I always came to the conversation with guilt and shame. It was as if I was telling her I had a huge problem that needed to be fixed. This angle does not work if you want anyone to partake in it with you.

In the last couple of years I've just had a drive to be more confident about it. The fetish does not go away. I've dealt with it for decades. Confidence is everything. If you just own it. It's yours. It's gotten better.

The lonely years are not really 100% over... But it gets easier. I am lucky to have someone that supports it even though this was totally foreign to her when I broke it to her. So push confidence...

It's not the balloon fetish that's shitty. It's society that craps on everything different... That makes it shitty. So just own it. I wish I had this view a long time ago.

This forum is full of stories that I read and I think... I could have posted the same thing.

Comment

• Bass Boll
              • Jun 2023

Also mid-fifties here. I came to terms with my fetish so long ago I really cannot remember when and how that happened in detail. But I cannot deny, I found it extremely embarrassing in my younger years, too.

The Internet discovery to be not alone was also a big thing for me (despite I had observed two leads in pre-Internet times). I got my first girlfriend before that, and it never came to my mind to tell her. Or even ask her neutrally for her opinion on balloons. As I'm writing this I remember a pin-up photo of a half-naked beauty surrounded by balloons which I liked very much at that time because the lady on the photo resembled my girlfriend. But imagine, I would never have dared to inflate a single balloon in the presence of my love!

To the next woman in my life - after the Internet event - I confessed, and we actually did some innocent balloon play. She was just a short episode, but from then on I didn't hold back any more telling my partner, and I never regretted that. You should always openly communicate your fetish (it's just balloons, hey!) towards your significant other, and do that in an early stage of the relationship!

So, if I count one and one together, the Internet discovery must have been the watershed between embarrassing and acceptance.

Today, I am completely happy to be gifted with this fetish. So much pleasure to enjoy from things so simple as balloons and inflatables. And how advantageous this kink is compared to others: relatively cheap, easy to store, hygienic, colourful. Plus the fact that inflatable things can get me to peaks of happiness independent from the (mostly low) lust level of my wife. Yes, nowadays I fully embrace this speciality of mine!

Comment

• Chip67
                • Dec 2019

Hello JCB and my fellow looners here. I have alway come to accept my balloon fetish. When I was very young, about 8 years old in 1964, I was fortunate to have seen my favorite film "The Red Balloon". From that point on, I was fascinated with balloons in particular helium balloons. I think my acceptance of enjoying balloon started with my mother, she was very accepting of my insterest in balloons. She encouraged me to enjoy what makes me happy. And Balloons make me happy. Of course, I don't scream from the rooftops "I love to inflate big helium balloons", you need to have some discretions. That's why forums like "Blow To Pop" are a great venue to express ourselve. Today, my wife is very accepting of my balloon fetish and occassionly will participate. Be who you are !!!!

Comment

• therapyb2p
                  • Jul 2023

This is such a therapeutic forum and despite considering myself a popper these days (after 40+ years of struggling with the fear), I find the stories in the non-popper forum to be spot on for me.

I have come to fully accept my fetish, which has been a huge relief and has increased my happiness with the whole situation. Whether you want to tell others about it doesn’t matter I think. Good for you if it helps you, but also good if you don’t do it.

The way I managed to accept this is by very active journaling. It has been cathartic to write openly about my internal narrative and to address it piece by piece. What keeps me from talking about it with others at all is that I am unsure about what it is that excites me so much - because it changes a lot. My journaling seems to indicate that it is the act of blowing up a balloon rather than the pop. But that is not always true, sometimes it is the tactile and olfactory experience more than anything else. And sometimes it is clearly the boom and the shredding and just the sheer adrenaline that comes from doing several b2ps in a row. And sometimes it is the phobia, however vaguely defined.

And despite all the progress I have made, I recently was at a birthday party and the host had a few (very underinflated) balloons around and a few uninflated ones. I knew what would inevitably happen with the uninflated ones and was quietly looking forward to it. But when it did happen, it had quite a long lead up to it when the balloon got bigger and bigger and the person blowing it up just clearly didn’t care too much about it - the old familiar friend of fight or flight came out… and I fled. It was a small apartment so not much chance to really escape but I could watch myself getting very nervous and starting to walk around the apartment with lots of nervous energy despite really wanting to just sit, watch, and enjoy. When the bang finally happened, I jumped a bit as did most people, but then calmed down again very quickly.

So, yes, acceptance is there but the phobic side of me I do not accept and I want to get rid of it. It had such a material impact on my quality of life, especially when I was an adolescent, that I want to be done with it. When I am alone and in the zone, I have a mix of fear and anticipation and I have various patterns of dealing with it. I really love having a room full of overinflated and properly necked balloons (half-knot of course), to sit in the middle of them, untie a knot and do a b2p - epic in so many ways. But I need to get myself more into situations where other people are blowing up and popping balloons so I can overcome the fear once and for all. Just not sure how to do that…

Comment

• Scooter
                    • May 2022

Originally posted by therapyb2p
                    But I need to get myself more into situations where other people are blowing up and popping balloons so I can overcome the fear once and for all. Just not sure how to do that…
                    To me it sounds like the fear comes in because when it pops is out of your control. When you're with the balloons yourself, you control if and when one bursts for the most part. A B2P has some variance, but you're still making that decision to do so. Whereas in these situations, you can't control when another person decides to randomly pop one or put another breath in. To make matters worse, you're in a public setting, so you can't fully express this tension, causing it to bottle up and become worse and worse.

So really my suggestion is, if you want to work on this, to find some way of getting a balloon to pop that works with that lack of control. Honestly, your best bet is finding someone you're close with and having them work on it with you. If you don't want anyone to know or find out, then maybe a very slow pump would help where the balloon will burst, but not at a moment of your choosing? If neither option works, then yeah the only thing I can think of is finding yourself in public places with balloons, which tbh is easier said than done.

Personally, I have no interest in getting past my fear since I feel like even if I did there wouldn't be too much benefit and the idea of popping still wouldn't really excite me enough to make overcoming the fear worth it. Best of luck to you though!

Comment

• Hk980
                      • Nov 2021

Honestly pretty glad I found this. I've struggled with it my whole life. It probably started subconsciously because I would hide it, just like everything else as a young teen. I always used the term "catholic guilt" to describe it. It was all in my head. I've ruined relationships because I didn't know how to accept it and let it run wild in my head with negative thoughts. On the flip side, I've also let it consume my life. I was doing nothing but balloons and inflatables when I got home from work, missed events, lost sleep, because I turned into a junkie and all I did was think about balloons and playing with them. But I've started to learn a good and healthy balance. Still embarrassed by it, but nothing like I used to. It's been freeing but I've got a long road.

I'm super glad you all have shared, and I'm happy others are on the path to a better head space!

Comment

• AJK64
                        • Jun 2018

I have written about my experience on various posts on here before but heres a quick overview of my own balloon journey. I realised I had a fetish for balloons around the time I hit puberty. I had always really loved balloons, but it started becoming a sexual thing around the age of 11 or so. My balloon kink is also very strongly linked to my bisexualiy...in that I like guys and girls equally for normal sexy times, but with balloons its exclusively guys that I enjoy. I spent my entire teens embarrassed by both my attraction to other guys, but also to the balloon thing. I used to hide what I did with balloons from my family and friends. My friends always knew I liked playing about with balloons at parties and stuff but had no idea what else I liked doing with them. The only person I think who suspected was my best friend...but thats another story haha.

I was so embarrassed about he balloon thing that I even started to get worried that when I bought balloons from a shop that everyone in the shop would know what I wanted them for. I wish that internet shopping was more of a common thing back then. But around my late 20s I started to hang around with a guy who was very open about his own kinks for trainers/sneakers and feet. He had no shame whatsoever and other than gentle joke mocking, everyone just accepted it and didnt make a big deal about it. I started to realise that theres nothing wrong with liking balloons in that way. They are just balloons. No one is being hurt in any way. Nearly everyone has some kink or other. I still wouldnt tell everyone in my life about my kink, but I am now every open with guys I find attractive about the balloon things and I have had very few bad reactions. 99% of people I have told have thought it is fun and many have even had a balloon session or 2 with me and had fun rediscovering how much fun balloons are.

To quote one of my balloon play converts. "Balloons mean celebration, and sex itself is a kind of celebration".
                        Last edited by AJK64; 02-11-2023, 17:46.

Comment

• bloonprincess
                          Balloon Cuddler
                          • Oct 2023

I didn't necessarily try to supress it ever, but I've always felt *a lot* of shame about it. I thought I was a total freak until I found out about other looners, and even then I still felt pretty embarrassed about it lol. It's only very recently that I've decided it's time to get rid of some of that shame, so I've been a lot more open about it. Still trying to get over how flustered I get when I talk to my girlfriend about it, she is super duper understanding and supportive, but I still feel really goofy and silly about it! 😣

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
                            • Apr 2021

Originally posted by bloonprincess
                            I didn't necessarily try to supress it ever, but I've always felt *a lot* of shame about it. I thought I was a total freak until I found out about other looners, and even then I still felt pretty embarrassed about it lol. It's only very recently that I've decided it's time to get rid of some of that shame, so I've been a lot more open about it. Still trying to get over how flustered I get when I talk to my girlfriend about it, she is super duper understanding and supportive, but I still feel really goofy and silly about it! 😣
                            Aww, you must never feel shame about something innocent that you are passionate about I was once very self-conscious about my love for balloons and felt a total freak myself as well as feeling awfully alone and alienated before finding out there were others just like me. I applaud you for taking the first step. I know it is easier said than done. In fact it was only after I was able to put my fears of being judged aside and opening up to others that I finally realized what I had been missing out on. Ever since I opened up I personally have had nothing but positive experiences and encouragement from others concerning balloons and you can do the same, I promise you! Be confident and open and you will be surprised at the happiness that can result. Plus the fact that you have a very supportive partner is just super awesome and shows how much she cares and wants you to be happy. Embrace your balloon love. Share and enjoy it with those you most care about and are closest with. You won't regret it!

Comment

• bloonprincess
                              Balloon Cuddler
                              • Oct 2023

Originally posted by Qbubbleballoon (:

Aww, you must never feel shame about something innocent that you are passionate about I was once very self-conscious about my love for balloons and felt a total freak myself as well as feeling awfully alone and alienated before finding out there were others just like me. I applaud you for taking the first step. I know it is easier said than done. In fact it was only after I was able to put my fears of being judged aside and opening up to others that I finally realized what I had been missing out on. Ever since I opened up I personally have had nothing but positive experiences and encouragement from others concerning balloons and you can do the same, I promise you! Be confident and open and you will be surprised at the happiness that can result. Plus the fact that you have a very supportive partner is just super awesome and shows how much she cares and wants you to be happy. Embrace your balloon love. Share and enjoy it with those you most care about and are closest with. You won't regret it!
                              You are absolutely right, thank you ^^ I do have some pretty cool friends and I know they wouldn't judge me at all, they'd just think it's funny which is fine by me!

You know, I spent most of my life trying to curate myself for others. I always wanted to be the most liked, funniest, coolest person in a room. For the past year, I've been realizing that's not why my friends love me. They love me for me. So I'm positive they'll be willing to make room for my excessive passion for balloons hehe

And yeah I am pretty lucky with my gf :3 We haven't met in person yet because of distance, but we will soon. I'm going to ask her to do some fun bloony things with me 💙

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎