Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aron_crow
    • May 2020

Re: Do you think they can hear me?

This sort of thing has always plagued my mind and I always worry how many people would hear just a pop from a small 12". My idea is that you should not try big and loud balloons in apartments, your neighbours (top and bottom as well) can probably hear a faint bang, may be more. Its ok if the bangs are 2-3 balloons, but anything more will be suspicious.

If you want to hide more sound, I know that having large and heavy curtains all around the room and in the house mask the noise very well. Sometimes the noise wont even escape the room. I'd recommend building a small soundproof room and having your fun there.

Comment

• srob2
      • Dec 2017

Frequency matters more than volume. Turn up some bass heavy rap, you will hear it outside your house, even at 100db or less - but you only hear the bass, no treble, no matter how loud you play.

This also works if you are really concerned about being heard. Play loud music and b2p away, there is bo way anyone who hears both can tell which is music, and a noise complaint about music is easier to explain.
      Last edited by srob2; 17-06-2022, 14:31.

Comment

• zman21
        • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Blown2Bits
        Maybe upgrading the windows could help if it is possible at all. I don't know if you own the place or if you are renting. It is not a good sign if U16 is already loud to hear outside since it is one of the balloons that are generally not as loud. Unique are generally one of the less loud brands, so almost any other would be louder.
        Yes you are right. I then tried it again with a U15, which is a bit "quieter" than the U16. But you could still hear this balloon quite clearly outside.

The house is mine and it's basically solidly built. The windows are also perfectly adequate and serve their purpose. It would cost a lot of money to renew them (which of course would be possible). But it wouldn't be worth it I guess... just for the looning...

Originally posted by aron_crow
        This sort of thing has always plagued my mind and I always worry how many people would hear just a pop from a small 12". My idea is that you should not try big and loud balloons in apartments, your neighbours (top and bottom as well) can probably hear a faint bang, may be more. Its ok if the bangs are 2-3 balloons, but anything more will be suspicious.

If you want to hide more sound, I know that having large and heavy curtains all around the room and in the house mask the noise very well. Sometimes the noise wont even escape the room. I'd recommend building a small soundproof room and having your fun there.
        That's right - two or three balloons are certainly not a problem, but several in a row are certainly suspicious. Whenever my car is in front of the door, there is a bang in the house. the neighbors could see through that at some point

Building a small soundproof room is a great idea, but unfortunately it's not really feasible structurally. I can only try to get the window as soundproof as possible somehow. And if I'm really in a "crazy mood", I have to do it with something quieter like condoms or gloves. Pouring rain also offers an opportunity - then there will definitely be no one in the garden

Comment

• srob2
          • Dec 2017

Try the same test with 9 inch and 12 inch uniques.

Comment

• Asclepio
            • Sep 2018

When I have sex with my GF we always have some balloons involved (usually between 17 to 36 inches from TUFTEX). And when you are playing with them and constantly bouncing because obviously we ae using them for sex, you can't avoid some popping of the overinflated balloons. What we do is put some music 5 minutes before the start of the action, not on a super big speaker, actually we use a BOSE sound link mini II playing at 90% of volume, so it is not strong enough to bother our neighbors but strong enough to hear the music outside our home without being annoying. After 5-10 minutes we start our sex without any problem and making as much noise as we want to, popping, using electric pumps + the obvious orgasm sounds and we never got any complain about the noise.
            Just put some music and forget about it, IDK the laws in your city, but in my city as long as you are inside your property you can do the noise you want to make, and the police/law can't do anything about it.
            A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• EthylTheAardvark
              • Nov 2016

Just rubber-band one to a pump, start it up, go outside and see if you can hear the pop. That should give you a pretty good idea of what the neighbors are hearing.

Comment

• zman21
                • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Blown2Bits
                Calling windows adequate when you can still hear the birds seems weird to me. Birds are relatively quiet with a high frequency sound profile and should be almost completly blocked unless you focus super hard on hearing the chirping.

Good 3 layer glass windows not only reduce the sound incoming and outgoing but also save a lot of energy costs. Both for heating and cooling. Of course it is not all that cheap. Where I live it costed 500-600€ per window (price included removing the old windows and putting new ones in) before the recent inflation wave started. So who knows what they charge now.

Also I wouldn't be too worried with your neighbors hearing it. I don't know your local laws, but it would seem strange to me if popping balloons in your own house - during daytime when noone sleeps anyway - would be outlawed. Any professional can also easily discern a balloon pop or a gunshot since they sound quite different. I know I am biased, but hearing loud music from the neighbors would definitely annoy me more than occassional popping sounds (even if you would be pin popping a whole room of them). After all a balloon pop is gone after like 0.1 seconds while music is something ongoing for extended periods of time.
                The windows are adequate because I won't be using the house as a house all year round, but only as a weekend home or summer house. The windows have two layers and are not that bad thermally, even if they are not of the very latest standard. If I were to live in the house year round I would of course replace the windows.

I think I shouldn't worry too much. If there is a loud bang in between, the neighbor simply has to live with it. And if I really want to pop a lot of balloons in a row, I might do it on a rainy day or during a thunderstorm

Originally posted by Asclepio
                When I have sex with my GF we always have some balloons involved (usually between 17 to 36 inches from TUFTEX). And when you are playing with them and constantly bouncing because obviously we ae using them for sex, you can't avoid some popping of the overinflated balloons. What we do is put some music 5 minutes before the start of the action, not on a super big speaker, actually we use a BOSE sound link mini II playing at 90% of volume, so it is not strong enough to bother our neighbors but strong enough to hear the music outside our home without being annoying. After 5-10 minutes we start our sex without any problem and making as much noise as we want to, popping, using electric pumps + the obvious orgasm sounds and we never got any complain about the noise.
                Just put some music and forget about it, IDK the laws in your city, but in my city as long as you are inside your property you can do the noise you want to make, and the police/law can't do anything about it.
                Yes, you're right. Of course, I can make (almost) as much noise in my house as I want. It's less about what I'm allowed to do and whether I'm disturbing someone. It would be a bit weird if my neighbor asked me what kind of noises are in my house Loud music is probably easier to explain

Comment

• Cadillac
                  • Jan 2022

My wife and I live in a row home. Neighbors on both sides. You can usually hear our neighbors TVs and any laughing, music, etc. Therefore I know they can hear us when we are blowing up balloons. Especially the balloons being blown up on the helium tank. We try not to pop the balloons unless we know the neighbors are gone. However, we have a lot of accidental pops. No one has ever said anything to us, but I know they have to have figured out the sounds and what we are doing when they hear the sounds. But oh well, I don’t really give a shit.

Comment

• LoudPop
                    • Sep 2018

Sometimes, I think we over think popping balloons and the noise. Most people don't think twice about a balloon popping, even a really loud pop. Of course, we all have balloon radar and notice any balloon sounds or pops. Worst case is someone hears a lot of muffled balloon popping sounds and asks about it. Just tell them, "Oh, I was popping some balloons." and they probably won't think twice about it again.

Comment

• zman21
                      • Jun 2022

Yes that's right... we might be a little embarrassed, although for other people it wouldn't be a big deal. Still, it will always feel a bit "weird" to me and I tend to keep checking to make sure I really don't have an audience

My plan for the next session would be to try out whether you could still hear condoms or latex gloves outside. If you're interested, I'll let you know.

Comment

• lnr13
                        • Dec 2020

I always have that fear. The measures I take:

-Put music in the room in question at a volume at which you know it will reach the neighbors and disguise something.

-Close as many doors as possible.

-Turn on the TV in the room closest to the entrance door to the apartment.

-Introduce the electric inflator in a muffled textile container (it does it together with the music, almost inaudible).

-That the walls of the room have objects and decorations to reduce the echo.

Comment

• Mutaloon
                          • Nov 2018

I once tried to see how loud a balloon popping could be by having an electric ball pump inflate a 12" balloon till it burst (It inflates slowly). I had it blow up in a closet and just left it on while I go and do other things. It took about 6 minutes for it to finally pop. The bang to me was the equivalent of something heavy falling on the floor but nothing too thunderous. Granted, it was two rooms away, but it got me a good idea for how loud a balloon pop can be and how the sound travels throughout your place.

Comment

• darcynader
                            • Nov 2018

Maybe don't do it in the next room but otherwise I think it's a case of the more you look for problems the more you will find. Eventually every tiny detail of what happens around you will seem somehow related to something you did or didn't do. Life is short.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎