Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SirSquishy
    • Mar 2020

Latex Allergy

I've heard of people who have latex allergies. I have a few family members that have a latex allergy. Thankfully I don't, but I've heard of ways that can make you allergic.

I know there's a protein in latex that causes latex allergies. I remember watching a video on how latex balloons are made. In the video, it mentions that latex balloons need to soak in a hot liquid for a long time (I think it was water) to kill the protein and make them safe for skin contact. Now obviously, some manufacturers will follow procedures and protocols more strictly than others. I've heard of some latex balloons that come from lesser known manufacturers that don't soak the balloons for as long as they should, so that protein isn't killed off and could give people an allergy. Getting this allergy is probably my greatest fear as a looner.

So my question for you all is does anyone have any experiences relating to this? Any known balloon brands that we should avoid? Anyone ever get an allergy from latex?
  • CJSweet
    • Mar 2021

Re: Latex Allergy

A couple of times recently, I’ve had to pop an antihistamine after activities. But I’m a generally allergic type person anyway.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎