Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RainbowYarn
    • Jan 2020

Re: Is the Balloon Fetish Genetic?

It just depends on the individual. Some have it, some don't.

My dad and his dad both really liked balloons in many ways, and balloons had always been common and traditional in my family. There would always be lots of balloons at birthdays especially, new years, often even on days like halloween, and were used frequently on random rainy days.

My dad always had balloons quite often from when he was a little boy trying to burst his birthday balloons to the present (where he does the same), and it's stayed this way for me, too.

When I was growing up there were always lots of days where my dad would sit me down and blow up balloons for me to play with and eventually burst. So, it was completely normal to come home from school and see my dad blowing up a bunch of bigger sized balloons and inviting me to play with and burst them with him. Still do it today, always been a fun family thing, almost like a bonding experience.

Comment

• BusterBill
      Founder, Balloon Buddies
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by drumrd
      Found an interesting article:
      Huge thanks! That was a terrific article that you linked to and quoted. It answered some questions that have dogged me for years.

When I was just a pre-pubescent child I observed the behavior of close relatives playing with balloons in a way that could only mean that they were looners. Obviously at my young age I had no idea what sex was, much less what a fetish or a looner was. As a child I didn't have the mental tools to understand or process what I had seen. But I did know that the activities I saw were private things that were not intended to be seen by children or talked about.

Without going into detail, I'll just say some of the things I saw were definitely sexual in nature. Of course I never revealed what I accidentally saw nor did I discuss it with them. That would have been impossible for a me as a kid because I didn't have the words, the experience, or any frame of reference. I only knew that certain things were not okay to talk about.

In early puberty I realized that I had an intense balloon fetish. I began to wonder whether my unusual fetish was a genetic thing that I inherited or whether it came from my seeing, at such a young age, balloons being used erotically. Or did it possibly come from being teased and tortured with balloons being popped to intentionally frighten me? As a kid I did not like sudden loud noises -- when other kids realized that, then balloon teasing ensued -- little kids can be ultra mean, as you know.

I suppose I shall never know for sure whether my fetish emerged from my childhood observations and teasing traumas or if it may also have been primed by a genetic predisposition to fetishism. The "experts" in the article seem to think both could be factors in the development of a fetish.

That was a terrific article and I send you huge thanks for sharing it with the community.

Buster Bill

Comment

• palloncino90
        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by RainbowYarn
        It just depends on the individual. Some have it, some don't.

My dad and his dad both really liked balloons in many ways, and balloons had always been common and traditional in my family. There would always be lots of balloons at birthdays especially, new years, often even on days like halloween, and were used frequently on random rainy days.

My dad always had balloons quite often from when he was a little boy trying to burst his birthday balloons to the present (where he does the same), and it's stayed this way for me, too.

When I was growing up there were always lots of days where my dad would sit me down and blow up balloons for me to play with and eventually burst. So, it was completely normal to come home from school and see my dad blowing up a bunch of bigger sized balloons and inviting me to play with and burst them with him. Still do it today, always been a fun family thing, almost like a bonding experience.
        This is an interesting point. Anyway I have to say that relatives+balloons, whatever situtauion could be, it would to be weird and unconfortable to me.
        I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• globos&bears
          • Jun 2019

I have seen friends "objectivize" people, for example to say something like "I love women with big tits/ass, if they do not have a big ass/tits i am not interested", showing that their get focused in a specific aspect of the body not in the person. I think that is the same trigger than me with balloons.

So my point is that maybe there is something in the human condition that make it susceptible to feel attracted to a thing, and this is more common than we think, except that when it is focused to a body part it does not look soo weird than it is focused to an object.

I do not if i am making me clear here sorry my english is very limited.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎