Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blueballoondude89
    • Apr 2022

The balloons that they used to sell on the streets of Bangkok

God I wish I could find these. Someone told me they were “Elephant” brand under some other name of Universe Balloon. But the website is gone and I couldn’t even order a single pack, it had to be wholesale.

I just love the shape and the colors and the different anime prints! I even remember seeing ones of Pooh and Tweety Bird. Of course there haven’t been any new latex balloon pictures since like 2008. Any chance these exist somewhere?
  • BusterBill
    Founder, Balloon Buddies
    • Nov 2016

Re: The balloons that they used to sell on the streets of Bangkok

I've spent a few winters in Bangkok since 2010 and onward. I've seen many balloon vendors all around the city but never saw any of the prints in your photo. I'm guessing those are long gone. But I did find some unusual and interesting balloons at the overwhelmingly huge Chatachuk Weekend Market.

Comment

• knightloon
      • May 2021

I think they are still somewhat active in Thailand, but i rarely seen them on stores (still available on online marketplaces).
      BK Balloons is another local brand which is more active nowadays and I think it is a bit better in quality.
      It is a bit difficult to order from local manufacturers directly unless you are ordering wholesale as you mentioned.

They tend to make smaller size of balloons (9-12"). But sometimes they are also make 16" and 36" in a few colors depending on the produced lot.

For the prints, it's likely to be changed from time to time. I remember getting printed balloons when I was a kid, and never saw those again after a few years.
      This is their current website, but likely to be not updated.
      Last edited by knightloon; 11-05-2022, 11:53.

Comment

• Blueballoondude89
        • Apr 2022

Thanks Knightloon! I didn’t think the company even existed anymore because there’s zero pictures of those balloons nowadays. God I wish I could get my hands on some of those, especially the 17 inch ones. I actually saw a picture of a vendor from 1992 and they had the same style of anime prints even back then! I saw a picture of one (like 2007) on Flickr, that had an anime snail on it. Doesn’t seem too hard to draw freehand.

Comment

• sexyneck
          • Feb 2016

Are they rideable?

Comment

• knightloon
            • May 2021

Originally posted by sexyneck
            Are they rideable?
            I don't remember well, but I will try to answer based on my childhood experience.
            A few of them might survive rough play. They are not definitely as durable as Belbal/Qualatex. (That's why i sought out to get them)
            I think 12" and smaller could be necked, but not for the larger ones.
            Also about 5-10 percent of the batch may have weak spot or uneven thickness.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎