Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoonMaster
    • Sep 2011

Bunch O Balloons : Re-engineered Version 1

So a few months ago I got a Bunch O Balloons pump, but have only just had chance to look at re-engineering the straws to take bigger balloons.

This is my first attempt and to be honest it's shit but works. Using wine corks whilst cheap isn't the best option as they are a pain to drill and hot glue the straws, the glue got so hot is nearly melted a few straws. I need to find a better solution for these that doesn't cost a lot of money. I have some ideas and possibly a 3D printer soon.

Today as a test we hooked it up to 8 x Belbal 14" balloons, all but one popped on the machine (it was leaking air due to my poor gluing). They popped SO LOUD, like gun shots and got huge necks. I'm pleased with the result but can't scale it up to the full 40 balloons using corks.
    Attached Files
  • Dude1234
    • Sep 2017

Re: Bunch O Balloons : Re-engineered Version 1

That looks fun. Would be great for balloon rooms to

Comment

• Asclepio
      • Sep 2018

Hey man, thank u for share your work with us, it is an amazing creation, I am sure you will get much better results pretty soon ��
      A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Common Loon
        • Aug 2020

So cool! Did the 14"s all burst together for you, or one at a time?

Kreuzkastenspieler on YouTube has videos too of his modified Bunch-O pump taking out bigger balloons, like this one with 40 Tuftex 14"s:
        Please excuse the bad quality of the second part of the clip.Feel free to donate to get new and more balloon clips https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_butto...

Comment

• LoonMaster
          • Sep 2011

Most popped as singles, a couple popped together.

I did 8 x 11” in a cage with my GF in there, they all popped at once, she said the blast wave was intense and they whipped her all over her body.

Comment

• LoonMaster
            • Sep 2011

So the new attachments have arrived. Just need to glue them onto the straws and see how they perform. The best part of this design is that the balloons are clamped on by a simple thread and the ribbed part of the nozzle acts as a seal.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Loonatic
              Balloons + Feet
              • Apr 2016

A little tip to keep them from mass popping if you're wanting more pops with the bunch-o-loons is to get some hose from the hardware store that matches the original straws and cut some a bit longer so the loons aren't touching and set each other off. I forgot the hose size but will send more info when I can! I'm trying to rig up some sort of squid line like a 1 to 3 hose to see if I can get even more loons attached.

Really like the 3D printed attachments LoonMaster! I couldn't tell, do the valves screw down on the neck some to lock it in place so the loons don't go flying around?

Comment

• LoonMaster
                • Sep 2011

I think the pipe is 3mm OD / 2mm ID, need to get my vernier callipers out and measure them.

Yeah the adapters screw down on the balloon lip, which acts as a o-ring to stop air leaks and allows the balloon to inflate all the way to end without flying off

Comment

• Loonatic
                  Balloons + Feet
                  • Apr 2016

Originally posted by LoonMaster
                  I think the pipe is 3mm OD / 2mm ID, need to get my vernier callipers out and measure them.

Yeah the adapters screw down on the balloon lip, which acts as a o-ring to stop air leaks and allows the balloon to inflate all the way to end without flying off
                  Oh cool, would you be willing to share the project files for it? Would love to get some of those printed so I can try them out as well! If not, no worries though!

Comment

• LoonMaster
                    • Sep 2011

Not sure if I’m going to make the file available yet or maybe sell them mounted as a set with the straws (and possibly the pump if needed). Need to do some maths on it all and see if it’s worth it. Just haven’t got the time at the moment.

Comment

• LoonMaster
                      • Sep 2011

It’s really easy, especially if you mount the nut part on a screw, just like putting a balloon onto a pump nozzle.

Comment

• stormbubble
                        • Nov 2017

The bunch-o-loons idea is really neat! That would be rather chaotic in an enclosed space or area...and the only ones i see for sell are really small balloons.

Comment

• zman21
                          • Jun 2022

Wow, I really love the idea of this re-engineered pump!! Small party balloons are not very interesting for me but 40 Unique16 or similar would be very cool for sure!

I just ordered my first bunch-o-balloons set which will be delivered tomorrow. Most probably I will chicken out and stop the pump before they burst but who knows… maybe I’ll make it until the final bang

Please let us know about your progress - I’m really interested in seeing it

Comment

• SirSquishy
                            • Mar 2020

How much power does the pump have? Is it like a dog hair dyer? I know those have anywhere between 1-3 horsepower depending on brand.

Comment

• zman21
                              • Jun 2022

I’ve just unboxed my pump and it has 500W which is the same power as a Zibi z-32. But I doubt it will be that quick for a single balloon.

I haven’t tried out the pump yet but I think I could do that today

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎