Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMole
    • Nov 2019

Thinking of becoming a HongYi reseller for USA

If you’re not aware, there’s a company in China that manufactures amazing custom inflatables of all types from more standard things like giant beach balls and figures to the erotic inflatables seen in places like Thirtythreerooms.

I’ve been in talks with this company about importing quantities of their items and would just like to judge the interest in our community. It’s an idea I’ve been kicking around for a while but I’m finally in a financially sound enough place to actually do it and I could definitely get people here in the states better deals than they would get buying singles from China.

Here’s their Alibaba page - https://hongyitoys.m.en.alibaba.com/

Let me know what you think, even if you think I’m full of it lol.

Mole
    Last edited by TheMole; 02-04-2023, 18:59.
  • frenchy
    • Sep 2018

Re: Thinking of becoming a HongYi reseller for USA

I think it is a great idea! I always wait for the June & November sale. Hope you get enough interest.

Comment

• Whale Rider
      • Nov 2022

Originally posted by TheMole
      I
      I’ve been in talks with this company about importing quantities of their items and would just like to judge the interest in our community.

Mole
      make sure u have financial reserves and that you dont get bankrupt. also think about customs in your calc and about SPH of course ;-)

Comment

• SAF
        • Nov 2019

I'll give you a thumbs up. Would love to deal with a person in the US!

Comment

• Unicks
          • Nov 2020

The only problem I can see is your customer base... one would expect a good percentage would be from the inflatable communities already, that's where the problem would lie.. these individuals would already know where to get these items without your markup. Hongyi is used mostly for one off's.. hard to stock a good mean of that. Then there are the returns and complaints and dealing with Hongyi themselves.. dunno.

Good luck!

U

Comment

• TheMole
            • Nov 2019

Thanks for the input everyone! I've been pushing them hard on quality issues and keeping them honest.

There seems to be a lot of members of the furry community who also buy inflatables more for the shape over the inflatable itself and I have found customer base in some other places who don't want to deal with onesies and twosies from China themselves.

Shipping these in bulk is also much cheaper than ordering one, trying to work with them on a freight order of a bunch of different styles.

Comment

• UNicorn Hero120
              • Jun 2022

It would be definitly nice, since when I order single products from them they are usually from 600$-800$ with shipping.

But the quality is so good for it. If you really wanna start that, you can bulk buy some of their Goodra's I guess that are the best product that isn't sold in bulk anywhere else until now

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                • May 2017

To what I've seen, the translucent clear inflatable horses seem to be a hot item, everytime IW get's them in, they're gone in a flash, so the inflatable hourses may be a starting point to see how things go. Start off with a very popular item, then if successful, start branching out. THey seem to be in translucent clear, blue, and pink - I'd say start off with the clear ones.

Comment

• Guy360
                  • Jan 2018

Question, why is dealing with Hongyi such a pain. I have been working on a project, for a year or more and they are not a lot of help. Ask if I could wait and have it shipped during a sale to get free shipping ( done it before on another custom) she said don’t know if they are going to have a sale and the price may go up? Wow! Any advice?

Comment

• frenchy
                    • Sep 2018

I have seen so many stories of people not getting the customs done correctly, so I think your best bet is to find something very similar to a product they have already produced and then pick your own colors. They have trouble doing things from scratch in my opinion. I always wait for the sale and I always negotiate with them.

Comment

• Guy360
                      • Jan 2018

Has Hongyi had a sale yet or any news if they are going to have one in the future?

Comment

• PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
                        PVC Fetish
                        • Jan 2013

This sounds like a good idea, and I hope it works out for you. If I were you I'd start off with hot-selling inflatables, such as the inflatable horses in shiny glass clear, shiny clear blue and shiny clear red PVC. Inflatable World in Germany offer these inflatable horses now and again.

Disappointed with the quality of inflatables since they stopped using phthalate plasticisers, I am in the process of saving up capital to launch a business selling replica inflatables from bye-gone eras: the 1950s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.

They will be made using the same original PVC formulas and designs, and they will include phthalate plasticisers, such as DINP, as the phthalate replacements/alternatives currently used are, unfortunately, disappointing in that the inflatables feel nowhere near as soft, and the PVC material lacks the wonderful 'rustling' and 'creaking' noise.

Some find that the noise aspect associated with PVC inflatables and clothing is part of the fetish appeal, and the noise of soft and glossy PVC inflatables and clothing is due to a characteristic referred to in the plastics industry as 'blocking', in which the surfaces of shiny PVC 'stick' to each other. Increasing the softness of shiny/glossy PVC seems to enhance the 'blocking', hence the rustling and creaking noises.

Even the designs of the packaging the inflatables come in will replicate as much as possible, the designs and font styles of the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s, for that nostalgic feel.

I've got £30K saved up thus far, ready for investment into my fledgling replica inflatable company.
                        Last edited by PVC Vinyl Enthusiast; 26-03-2023, 14:41.
                        Enjoy soft, shiny and smooth PVC (inflatables and clothing). The 6P-free/10P-free material is total rubbish.

Comment

• frenchy
                          • Sep 2018

Guy360- Hongyi usually has their sales in The first 2 weeks of June and first 2 weeks of November. Follow their Twitter feeds and Facebook pages for info.

Comment

• PhilWithAir
                            • Apr 2023

Who did you speak to at Hongyi? When I spoke to them about beeping a reseller in UK they had no interest. Wouldn’t offer any discounts or anything. I had a coupe of conversation over different times. Think they are big enough and can support all there clients as it is.

Shame as I would love to do something like this but also realise the market is very small.

Can see me selling any sex inflatables at the xmas market lol

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎