Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCB
    • Feb 2021

Coming to acceptance of balloon fetish

For me personally I tried to push it away as abnormal but now I've accepted & embraced it for being what it is & Now wish I'd done it long ago. I feel good about balloons & feel good about my connection to balloons. So completely & totally natural. Have any others tried to suppress feelings re balloons in the past & what were your experiences?
  • globos&bears
    • Jun 2019

Re: Coming to acceptance of balloon fetish

In some time of my life i tried to suppress the feeling, in my teens mostly, I guess many people tried.

Comment

• lucid
      • Sep 2016

Yeah man I'd say thats most of us. Glad to hear you've come to just accept it tho. Not being able to be honest with your self is the absolute worst. While we cant pretend its "normal", as long as we aren't hurting anybody, there isn't a thing wrong with it. "Normal" sucks anyway lol. Think of all the cool or interesting people you know or from history. None of them are normal. Ive come to think of the fetish as some kind of extra benefit in life that not everybody has access to. Sure everybody enjoys sex, but for us, throw some balloons in and its like some kind of drug the way our brains fire haha. I also recently read some kind of poll or survey that said the balloon fetish is now the most popular fetish in two states within the US. So we definitely aren't alone.

Comment

• johnjohnhouston
        • Aug 2021

I'm very familiar with this problem. As a young man, I felt terrible shame around it and kept it wrapped up tight. It runs so deeply in my soul, it's impossible to deny. I would be filled with shame after finding such deep pleasure in something completely inanimate. I was in the closet, surrounded by ignorant and hypermasculine cowboy wannabes. I was so very very different from everyone else. Self-protection became armor over time. Coming out is never easy. I've had to do it many times. Coming out as gay to my family was brutal. You can't run from your heart, you can try to ignore it or you can listen to it, embrace it and squeeze until it's about to pop.

Comment

• Loon119
          • Jun 2018

I feel the same way for many years.
          My mum was the first to discover my fetish and made me feel truly disgusting and ashamed of my fetish when I was a child.
          Growing up and as an adult I've always felt weird and the only one and feel I was strange for loving an inanimate object. As an adult I've always felt at the back of my mind, I'm an adult, I'm a man Im meant to be strong, the leader of everything the older and the stronger and the protector of my wife yet I love balloons and hate to see them pop by others. I can protect my wife against anything without a shadow of fear until a balloon is popped and I'm like a kid.
          I was always ashamed of my balloons but my wife and this forum have supported me and I feel I can accept my fetish as part of me now. I've been a looner for 30+ years so I guess I better accept it

Comment

• Dude1234
            • Sep 2017

I have noticed that not having balloons doesn't stop the fetish either. I haven't touched a balloon in 2 to 3 years (unfortunately it sucks) and it's still as strong as ever. I do wonder as I get older will it go away honestly I think not.
            I have accepted and embraced it but I still have moments of wtf am I like this but I can sort of ignore that. Sometimes I want it to go away being turned on when I see balloons and having the urge but then when I get my way it's the best thing in the world

Comment

• Lgcm
              • Aug 2021

I know exactly what you mean…
              I just told my boyfriend about it today and he’s made me feel super confident. I just went ahead and purchased my first large balloons because of this )) I got a GL1200, a Cattex Doll and a cattex 32” long neck balloon.

I used to feel so embarrassed about this fetish, but having found all you wonderful looners (along with the acceptance of my partner) I am definitely embracing this side of me.

I can’t wait to have some fun!!! We do love balloons after all!

Comment

• Fuusen
                • Nov 2019

Well, when I realised I had this “weird” balloon fetish, I felt ashamed at first. Then quickly
                i realised it doesn’t hurt anybody and it is actually quite a funny fetish.

In the last 20 years, I had times where I ignored my fetish for months, or even years. It does not go away and at some point, I always come back to it ��

Same goes for looner action in my marriage. Ups and downs, balloon wise. And that is fine.
                In the end, it is “just a balloon”.

Comment

• aron_crow
                  • May 2020

I suppose everybody has tried it at some point. I dont get to be around balloons a lot, I have a big stash but I don't get a chance to play with them. Sometimes I think its weird but there aren't a lot of people in this world that don't have a connection/liking to these things. They may like popping or are afraid but everyone likes them.

I guess its all about becoming confident. After all, it aint doing no harm, unlike stuff like BDSM.

Comment

• TheMole
                    • Nov 2019

After discovering my fetish around 11-12 years old, I never really tried to suppress it, but I never shared it with anyone. It didn't strike me as something "bad" or "dirty", just something that was best kept to myself.

Apart from small things when I was a kid, (family members saying "man, he really likes balloons", etc.) to this day I've never had someone unintentionally find out, only the people I've voluntarily told. I pride myself on this lol, especially because I still don't live alone and have quite a bit of gear for both my balloon/inflatable and latex fetishes.

Most people in my life would probably just get over it if they did find out, they've all got their own thing going on anyway.

Surprisingly I've never had reservations about telling sexual partners and girlfriends though, its turned out fine so far.

Comment

• Viper
                      Back me up, Vito!
                      • Jun 2021

I don't think I came fully to terms with it until I discovered other people had the same fetish as I did. I guess the internet has a way of bringing all sorts of people together. All while growing up, it was always a private thing and since nobody really comes out and openly admits they have this sort of fetish, I just thought it was something wrong with me.

So I think I came more to terms with it about five years ago or so, when I learned that there was even a documentary on this very subject. I don't even know how I stumbled upon it, I think just one day I was looking for balloon related stuff and soon I found out that it wasn't just me who felt this way. I still think it's a bit strange but I guess everyone has their own vices that either give them pleasure or satisfaction of some sort. I still don't talk about it to anyone else...and unfortunately I think my fiancee has forgotten about it because she used to blow up balloons for me but then lately it's been a pretty cold bedroom either way. Stress really screws a person up, that's for sure. When she is in the mood, I have to have a strong imagination.

Comment

• MylarLover
                        Mylar Balloon Lover
                        • Apr 2023

I used to try to hide my fetish for Mylar balloons in like 2004-2007 as a teenager but then I started to accept it for what it is and that there's other like minded people out there.
                        in 2006 a local store had small Mylar balloons on stick and after school time I took some cash with me and went to the store and took many of them up to the checkout and I was just glad no one asked me what I would use them for or anything and just scanned them and had me pay for them, I took them carefully home in a big plastic bag. by 2008 I had accepted my fetish.

Comment

• TizianosBoy
                          • Apr 2019

I only really discovered my fetish throughout my teenage years, and I felt shame for it, I still feel a bit of shame for having a balloon fetish at nearly 30, even though I have now realised that I wouldn’t be me without it, even though my family know of it and accept it, one of my best friends is on his way to becoming a looner and I couldn’t be more prouder of him, he already likes balloons and I gave him some of mine which he was more than grateful for, I keep thinking he thinks of me different for having a balloon fetish, but he doesn’t, he likes balloons, and that’s all that matters to me.
                          Last edited by TizianosBoy; 27-04-2023, 23:56.

Comment

• Scooter
                            • May 2022

Hmm, I guess I have to be the differing one again. I never felt something was "wrong" with me, but it did take me a WHILE to realize I had it.

Being a phobic kid, I despised seeing others interacting with balloons. It honestly made me feel rather lonely, as others could go to parties and I couldn't. Whenever anyone learned balloons scared me, they'd laugh or make fun of me for it.

But I did enjoy the excitement I felt whenever I had a balloon. It was very rare, but it was enjoyable because I could trust myself. And when I got older I felt less lonely because I learned others out there also found balloons frightening... including cute girls (!)

So I began to search for girls with balloons... and... well...

It took me a while to put 2 and 2 together here. What made things click was when (not too long ago) I realized just HOW BADLY I wanted to buy some balloons, and make literally a decade long dream come true.

I'm not an "out" looner with anyone, but that's more out of me feeling like there's nobody that needs to know. I wouldn't be afraid to let a GF know if she asked me if I was into anything. The harder thing is actually getting a GF lol. Literally no-one my age in my small town seems to be single.

Comment

• lucid
                              • Sep 2016

I've personally never unerstood why any of us would EVER feel the need to "come out" to our families about our fetish in the 1st place. Or anybody for that matter. With the obvious exceptions of our partners or maybe some good friends that discuss various weird things they're into. Why would you put your family in such an awkward situation when they're never going to be around during your balloon related activities? Just imagine your mom walks up to you and tells you she enjoys squealing like a dirty piglet during rough sex. Or, what if your dad told you that whenever you're not around, he likes dressing up as sonic the hedgehog and getting beaten with fly swatters? Barf city lol. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with these things, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to know this about them. Neither do they.
                              Last edited by lucid; 28-04-2023, 14:24.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎