Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t17forLife
    • May 2015

Nordic Looners Closing Sale

Nordic Looners is closing shop, they posted the reasons why on Facebook a while back.

Everything they have left in inventory (mainly European brands, 14" and up) is at least 55% off. There ain't much left but I got a decent haul on the way to the US.

Go clean the place out
  • loonerlee
    • Dec 2018

Re: Nordic Looners Closing Sale

I noticed this too, I was a bit late to find out so missed on getting a good deal. May I ask the reason for them closing down?

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

From their Instagram in September last year.
      The air has left the balloon

Today we're starting a clearnace sale, as we are going to shutdown the shop for good.

In 2014 Laila, I (Dennis) and Henning started Nordic Looners with a goal of providing great quality balloons to looners like ourselves. Fast forward 5 years, where Laila and i split up, and Henning stepping down due to personal reasons. On top of that, i went in fulltime on my consultancy business last year, meaning 60+ hours of work a week, and the doing the orders, support and procurement for the shop next to that. So it was not really the most difficult decision to make, as i can simply not handle a project we started out 3 people myself, while also sustaining myself with my day job.

Therefore a clearance sale has started today, at 25% discount on the whole catalogue. We will count the inventory this weekend, and add some stuff as well from Qualatex and Rifco from our last stock refill that was never added to the inventory for some reason. As well as a few bags of Q24's. After that we will gradually increase the discount until everything is gone.

Thanks for 7 years everybody, and keep loving balloons, just like i do

Their selection had been quite poor (at least based on the balloons I'm interested in) for a long time and a lot of the good stuff they still had seemed to disappear almost immediately after this announcement.
      It's sad to see them go, cause they had great customer service and I bought a lot of balloons from them over the years. It was really cool to have a balloon store in Scandinavia, so when Dennis first announced it, I tried to support them, making them my go to store for balloons.

Comment

• Nopops4me
        • Jun 2015

Did Dennis say a few bags of Q24's? Rush, Rush, who's going to get there first?

Comment

• t17forLife
          • May 2015

Originally posted by lyckr
          Their selection had been quite poor (at least based on the balloons I'm interested in) for a long time and a lot of the good stuff they still had seemed to disappear almost immediately after this announcement.

so when Dennis first announced it, I tried to support them, making them my go to store for balloons.
          They have 150 or so of each color Tuf-Tex 14 still available, so I bought 15 of each to try out; never seen a TT14 in the wild. It looks like everything they sell/sold other than those are available from the other stores - Balloons United (apparently the new owner isn't great but the selection/inventory level is still good), Balloon Ace, and of course the US-based stores meant for decorators. Cattex apparently sells their stuff direct to customers, even international.

I remember the day they opened the store; back then, KBI, Loonerworld and Balloons United (only a year old) were your best options. Nordic Looners was a neat website with lots of selections; unfortunately, I was a rookie looner back then and wasn't interested in ordering stuff from overseas. But the concept was great and I eventually became a regular customer.

Originally posted by Nopops4me
          Fat chance

Comment

• Meililoon
            aka lyckr
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Nopops4me
            That was 4 months ago. They were long gone by the time I checked their store even back then

Originally posted by t17forLife
            They have 150 or so of each color Tuf-Tex 14 still available, so I bought 15 of each to try out; never seen a TT14 in the wild. It looks like everything they sell/sold other than those are available from the other stores - Balloons United (apparently the new owner isn't great but the selection/inventory level is still good), Balloon Ace, and of course the US-based stores meant for decorators. Cattex apparently sells their stuff direct to customers, even international.
            I would imagine those TT14s are quite old by now. They're really nice when they're new (especially the crystal colors). They have a lot of the same properties as the TT17, but smaller and a bit different shape. I'd buy more of them if only they had a better shelf life.

I think the best selection in Europe these days is at JennyLoons. Never tried ordering from them, but they have a lot to choose from.

Comment

• LoonMaster
              • Sep 2011

BalloonAce are my go to online balloon shop these days, used to be LoonerWorkd but their shipping costs have got expensive.

Comment

• t17forLife
                • May 2015

Originally posted by LoonMaster
                BalloonAce are my go to online balloon shop these days, used to be LoonerWorkd but their shipping costs have got expensive.
                I've always heard good things about them since they opened a few years ago but never placed an order until Monday (January 17) evening. They shipped the order early Tuesday and it was delivered to my mailbox in the USA (Texas) in about 48 hours. Great selection of products - as a rule though, I don't buy balloons made in my country from overseas stores, but they had a great price on some stuff I couldn't find back home. They sent a lot of extra baloons, I believe Sempertex 24 and Belbal 14? Will have to count everything later.

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
                  • Dec 2020

i use balloon ace too ,much cheaper and good quality balloons

Comment

this was posted on there Facebook page on Jan 19

Hi guys, our very last day of operation is going to be 28th of February.
                    Clearance discount is now 55%.
                    There are still many balloons in stock, i will go through the shop in the weekend and disable out of stock items so the in stock items will be easier to find. 🙂

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎