Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ssbh21
    • Dec 2018

Super soft Inflatables

Anyone have a clue as to what this guy is treating these with to soften them like that?

The inflatables have been specially treated to greatly increase elasticity and softness. Makes it larger also. Warning: With this treatment the inflatable is...
  • PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
    PVC Fetish
    • Jan 2013

Re: Super soft Inflatables

Possibly, he's using ATBC.

I'm having a go at softening inflatables myself, using DINP (Di-Iso-Nonyl-Phthalate), which I am able to source from a chemical supplier based in Poland. I can also source other phthalates, such as DEHP, from the same chem supplier. I think that phthalate-based plasticisers are superior to the non-phthalate alternatives. Phthalates receive an undeserved bad reputation, which is a shame, as they do a superb job at making vinyl inflatables soft, durable and rubbery. I'll post the results of my inflatable softening trials, in due course.
    Enjoy soft, shiny and smooth PVC (inflatables and clothing). The 6P-free/10P-free material is total rubbish.

Comment

• Whale Rider
      • Nov 2022

I think ATBC is better than phthalates in its "softness". also smells better...

CAS Number for ATBC is 77-90-7 by the way in case you want to ask for it.

have no really good supplier anymore since due to corona my source went bankrupt -.-

but that is completely up to ones taste. I really hate the stench of Inflatable world inflatables I have to shower them at least twice. But the inflatables themself are great nice soft vinyl great shapes and sturdy for their price.

Comment

• 7balloon
        One of the First Online
        • Dec 2018

Loved the video, even though I'm not generally that excited by inflatables. Seems to me that there would be a market for a looner to soften some toys and sell them to other Inflatable looners. I wouldn't mind trying out some of those soft airships!

Comment

• Dragosh
          • Jan 2019

Actualy i'm wondering as well what he's using to soften them, he does state in the comment that its a multi stage process but does not list any chemicals

Comment

• Whale Rider
            • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Dragosh
            Actualy i'm wondering as well what he's using to soften them, he does state in the comment that its a multi stage process but does not list any chemicals
            most likely it will be DINP as stated by pvc or ATBC these are the most commonly used ones.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎