Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SirSquishy
    • Mar 2020

Amazon brands

So I've been buying from amazon a lot lately, mostly for convenience. It's also nice not dealing with international shipping. There doesn't seem to be any dedicated online looner stores based in the USA, otherwise I would buy from them.

So with that said, anybody have any good loons they've gotten off amazon? Any good brands? What sizes have you gotten? Any unique shapes? It seems the only shapes on amazon are round.

So far, the only brand of note that I've gotten is prextex 36 inch. They are arguably the best 36 inch loons that I've gotten. Very strong, and I've never felt a softer loon after they stretch out. Highly recommend them if you like soft loons like I do. I'm thinking of getting the koogel 36 inch next.
  • ThatOneLooner
    • Mar 2016

Re: Amazon brands

I was just gonna make a thread about this, my god, the selection of good balloons online has gotten so much worse. It’s really a challenge trying to actually find good ones on Amazon.

Comment

• Golden
      • Jun 2022

Originally posted by SirSquishy
      So I've been buying from amazon a lot lately, mostly for convenience. It's also nice not dealing with international shipping. There doesn't seem to be any dedicated online looner stores based in the USA, otherwise I would buy from them.

So with that said, anybody have any good loons they've gotten off amazon? Any good brands? What sizes have you gotten? Any unique shapes? It seems the only shapes on amazon are round.

So far, the only brand of note that I've gotten is prextex 36 inch. They are arguably the best 36 inch loons that I've gotten. Very strong, and I've never felt a softer loon after they stretch out. Highly recommend them if you like soft loons like I do. I'm thinking of getting the koogel 36 inch next.
      I mean you have bargain balloons down in the states https://www.bargainballoons.ca/ just click on USA website.

The ones from amazon I got smell badly...and I could really do anything with them except toss them in the trash

Comment

• EthylTheAardvark
        • Nov 2016

I've found Amazon to be very hit or miss in terms of their prices and quality. I've picked up a number of Qualatex balloons from there and they're usually pretty good, but they can be overpriced and occasionally you get an old bag. Qualatex has a list of wholesalers in the states and those will generally do business with out of state people even if they don't have a business license. So I usually order from a Wholesaler in Washington State, which has as good a selection as Amazon and is usually a lot less expensive.

Comment

• loonerjames
          • Dec 2014

Must have been lucky with our 36 inch purchases - got some from buyer Uk-Simply2U on ebay at reasonable price, and they definitely will get to 36 inch+ diameter. Also have had no problems with Happium (round) and CHYSOO (pear shaped) from Amazon but the latter got quite tight around the 30+ inch diameter and nerves got better of me so we stopped inflating at that point - good shape though!

Comment

• SirSquishy
            • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Golden
            I mean you have bargain balloons down in the states https://www.bargainballoons.ca/ just click on USA website.

The ones from amazon I got smell badly...and I could really do anything with them except toss them in the trash
            The problem with bargain balloons is their selection (in terms of shapes) is not that different than amazon. Lots of rounds, and simple shapes that are offered on amazon and at bargain. I've also heard bad things about customer service from bargain.

Europe has dedicated loon shops like loonerworld on ebay (Germany), and others (also nordiclooners before they closed). Canada has balloons QC which is great, but buying with a card while I'm based in the USA has been difficult. I'd like to get unique shapes like longnecks and giant doll shapes from trusted, reliable stores; but again, amazon and bargain balloons doesn't offer them from what I've found. Or maybe I'm blind haha.

Originally posted by loonerjames
            Must have been lucky with our 36 inch purchases - got some from buyer Uk-Simply2U on ebay at reasonable price, and they definitely will get to 36 inch+ diameter. Also have had no problems with Happium (round) and CHYSOO (pear shaped) from Amazon but the latter got quite tight around the 30+ inch diameter and nerves got better of me so we stopped inflating at that point - good shape though!
            Thanks for that info. I have been looking for some good pear shaped balloons.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎