Old 18-01-2022, 09:28 PM

condensatelover is on a distinguished road
Default Are there any giveaways in your country/town/city?)
In Moscow, there are lots of giveaways, especially in summer. Generally there are balloon giveaways. Balloons are blown up with pump and are usually underinflated and soft. But if it is a school event, balloons are being inflated to the max by mouth.
When I was in Sochi, Russian seaside city, there were lots of giveaways of advertising beachballs. Generally hotel adverts. Most of beachballs were inflated by pump to their normal 20 inch size, but one of the hotels did a giveaway of mouth inflated beachballs. They were clear, printed with logo of the hotel. Some young girls (12-13 y.o.) were inflating them by their mouth. Due to warmth and moisture of their breath beachballs were huge. Like 24 inch or bigger. And they were rock hard.
So, do you have giveaways in your place? If yes, which inflatable things are usually being given away? And, of course, how these things are inflated? Mouth or pump?
Old 19-01-2022, 08:01 PM

gerbil366@outlook.com is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are there any giveaways in your country/town/city?)
Back in the 1990`s Mc donalds here in the uk used to have balloon trees with balloons on sticks and back then some of these balloons were fairly big like 16" , they used too hand them out sometimes too
Old 19-01-2022, 08:40 PM

condensatelover is on a distinguished road
By the way, here mcdonalds gives away some balloons for free every day. They are 12 inch, I think. They never tie them, so you can take it off from a stick and deflate it. But the most of people just inflate them more and more and then attach them back to a stick. And usually there are lots of bangs.
THEY BANG SO LOUDLY, GUYS. My ears ring for at least 10 minutes after accidental pops
Old 19-01-2022, 10:17 PM

Seasidelad is an unknown quantity at this point
Itís been a long time since I saw any giveaways. Usually when a new place opened more on Saturdays than other days.

McDonalds in the 90ís were one of my favourites. Argos used to them when the new catalogue came out, Poundland new store openings and Republic had them regularly got plenty from there. If I do see any they are usually very small balloons.

I do remember many years ago being in a bar and there was new Vodka drinks called Vodka Kick and they had promotional tubes that you can inflate usually by a straw that were given out I did manage to grab one. Many got popped but a few survived the evening. This type of inflatable was popular with some football clubs too in the 2000ís.
Old 20-01-2022, 10:11 PM

RLMI is on a distinguished road
In the 90s, I recall Pizza Hut used to have a tower of balloons on sticks, which customers could help themselves to. They were probably 10 or 11 inch balloons. Most were inflated normally, to just barely a teardrop shape, but I recall a couple of times where they were blown up till there was a sizeable neck.

McDonald's also used to have balloons, which, once again, were usually inflated to only about halfway. I don't recall ever seeing McDonald's balloons being overinflated.

Westfield shopping centres also have red balloons on sticks, blown up to normal size.

You may encounter an individual shop with balloon decorations that are blown up with necks but it's rarer.
Old 20-01-2022, 10:57 PM

Seasidelad is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember being in a McDonalds and there being balloons on sticks on the balloon tree that were well inflated with necks. She struggled to get all the balloons on as they were blown up bigger.