Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Exaturbo
    • Feb 2021

Mega bounce xl balls

I managed to pick up a wicked mega bounce xl ball today.

Wondering if anyone else here has played with one ?

So far I’ve only inflated it to around 3/4 size and it feels really firm.
    Rated size is 31.5” or 80cm diameter, or 2.51m circumference.

Will is get a little softer, ie stretching a little if I fully inflated it and left it a while before deflating it again to a more useful size ?

If it stays as hard as it is now, it’s not going to be my type of thing.
    I prefer big soft squishy inflatables.

I guess I’ll find out in a day or two even if no one here has experience with them.
  • frenchy
    • Sep 2018

Re: Mega bounce xl balls

At 3/4 size, leave it in the sun for a bit to warm. Be sure to rotate it so it doesn’t get lumpy. Bounce on it while warm. Add a little more air and repeat. Also it will soften up after three times inflation, bounce on, deflation cycles. I found the sun method best. Inflate to 30” maximum. I have also gradually inflated to full 100cm circumference and left it a week, fully deflated, then reinflated to 30”.

All these methods have worked on my 3 red ones. Enjoy!

Comment

• Exaturbo
      • Feb 2021

Originally posted by frenchy
      At 3/4 size, leave it in the sun for a bit to warm. Be sure to rotate it so it doesn’t get lumpy. Bounce on it while warm. Add a little more air and repeat. Also it will soften up after three times inflation, bounce on, deflation cycles. I found the sun method best. Inflate to 30” maximum. I have also gradually inflated to full 100cm circumference and left it a week, fully deflated, then reinflated to 30”.

Thanks for the tips. Looking forward to trying the sun method. When we next see any. Heading for winter here now.

Comment

• ExerBaller
        • Jan 2022

Originally posted by frenchy

I wonder if this'll work on an exercise ball too? I have about 2 85cm balls lying around so I might give this a try in the future when I have the time and the weather is really good outside.

Comment

• Danniballoon
          • Mar 2018

I wonder what would happen if a mega bounce was punctured - would it burst or just hiss & deflate ?

Comment

• frenchy
            • Sep 2018

They burst beyond repair. Rip totally in half.

Comment

• Exaturbo
              • Feb 2021

I’ve seen one on a YouTube video that popped accidentally, it ripped into 2 or 3 pieces. Closer to a pop like a balloon would. Just a touch slower.

Comment

• yogaball
                • Oct 2022

The wickeds are probably incorrectly made. I have 2 Duncan mega bounce xl from the usa and they are the correct size and bouncy, the wickeds feel like drums and feel like they will burst at the rated size

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎