Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • condensatelover
    • Jan 2022

Super old but super good.

It was my gf's birthday this weekend. She asked me to come and help her to blow balloons. When I arrived to the place, she was looking for something in her drawer. She said:
    - Look at that! I firstly inflated these baloons 9 years ago, when I was 7. Since then, every birthday in my family was supported with these balloons. That is really surprising, but we did not pop any through years. And I want to continue the tradition and blow them up again. But be careful - I am going to deflate them after my party and use them again for the next event. So do not tie them with a knot. So, let's get started.
    We sat on the sofa and she pulled one balloon off the bag and started to gently inflate it. It was translucent, so I could see her breath droplets making streaks in condensate inside the balloon. When she finished inflating this balloon, she tied it with a rubber band and gave it to me. Balloon had a small neck, but it was really tight. I could see droplets running down to the bottom of the balloon. Then she suddenly said that we needed to blow up 49 balloons. So I took another balloon. It was really stretched, so I put it in my mouth and started to carefully blow it up. It was dark purple translucent. When the neck started to inflate, she touched my balloon and said that it was too soft. She took it, put a mouthpiece in her mouth and made a fast and powerful puff. It sounded like WHOOSHHHHH! She tied the balloon and gave it to me. Now it was extremely tight. She said:
    - That is a proper inflation. Do not be afraid of pop. Blow them up faster at the end. I have done this fpr years, and balloons are ok.
    So we blew, blew, blew. I liked the feeling of stretched balloons. And it was a big excitement to blow up balloons which were inflated for many times only by mouth.
    Suddenly she took a really huge balloon and said:
    - It was 25 cm's, but it was inflated for many, many times. It did'nt even oxidize. It has a beautiful color. Look!
    The deflated balloon had a bright red color, but when she started to inflate it, it started to get more and more translucent and changed it's color to pink. And my girlfriend blew, blew, blew. It was nearly 40 cm when she said that it was enough for this guy. She tied it with a rubber band and gave it to me. It was leally warm with her breath inside, and the mouthpiece was still wet. We played with this balloon for 15 minutes and went to bed.
    When I was sure that she was sleeping, I took out a pack of translucent orbz balloons with Happy Birthday print on it. I took a straw, put it into the valve and started to inflate orbz. When I inflated all of them (5 pcs), I carefully put them on my girlfriend's bed. She sleeps tightly, but a squeal or a boin sound of balloon could wake her up.
    Then I went to bed.
    When she woke up in the morning, I gave her a kiss and said 'Happy Birthday'.
    Then I gave her a present. She gave me a thankful kiss and asked where the straw was. I said:
    - It is impossible to inflate them more. I tried for my best, but it is impossible.
    Orbz had wrinkles on them and had a square form.
    I gave her a straw, she put it into the valve, made a deep breath and blew all wrinkles out. Then she added more air to the balloon and pulled the straw out. She repeated the procedure with remaining balloons, so now they had a nice round form.
    She has really powerful lungs...
    And balloons that were inflated by her are such a turn on.
  • Black_Hawk
    • Nov 2014

Re: Super old but super good.

This reminds me that at my grandparent's house there was a large bag with old used balloons when I was younger. The balloons would be reused again and again only tied with a (rubber) band. So many of them had been inflated several times both by mouth or hand/foot pump by many people in our family. Back then I didn't make the connection that the relatively high popping rate when blowing them up was caused by so many inflations and prestreching. When preparing for a birthday I often heard people say something like "they get way bigger then I thought" or something like that... also caused by the many inflations before.
    Although so many popped when trying to inflate them bigger at a certain point most people in my family wouldn't hesitate to try to get them as big as possible which I hated at that time. Still it was super fascinating for me and this large bag of used balloons made me crazy.

Comment

• RLMI
      • Jul 2021

Re: Super old but super good.

Same here with parties with family and friends all through my youth. Everyone seemed to want to mouth inflate the balloons for parties.

Some of the older aunts only blew the balloons to under 50% size but all my friends and cousins would always blow the balloons to huge sizes. Sometimes there would be pops during inflation or the balloons would randomly explode after.

We had these normal 10 inch balloons which we would blow up to 18 inches long (ridiculously stretchy), by which point the colour of the balloon would be much lighter, transparent, and have a streaky look to it from the stretched rubber. The balloons had a great shine but this usually faded away within hours on hot days.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎