Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BalloonFun
    • Apr 2022

Game Shows with Balloon Popping

At age 57, I've seen my share of TV game shows/competition shows (growing up as a child with a "thing" for balloons already), like "Almost Anything Goes", "Beat the Clock", "Truth or Consequences", and more recently game shows like "Double Dare" and, on YouTube, a lot of "south-of-the-border" TV shows showing people, esp. women, popping good-sized balloons. They all looked like so much fun!!

Have any of you ever seen/been positively influenced by watching balloon popping games over the years on TV? What have been some of your experiences?
  • RLMI
    • Jul 2021

Re: Game Shows with Balloon Popping

Seen a few shows on TV in Malaysia and Singapore where contestants have to blow to pop a balloon by mouth, or sit to pop.

These are common party games in-person too.

Comment

I was actually in the audience for filming of the first episode of a game show being brough to Sweden I believe it's called "minute to win it" in most countries but the idea is that the contestant gets a task and they have a minute to complete it. I was in the audience for the first or 2nd episode and I recall going trough the studio to get to the place the audience would be sitting and I just saw like a lot of inflated balloons, they were inflated to a good size, apparently they were going to be a part of one of the challenges but due to how the filming was done the contestant we were watching never got to the challenge involving balloons. The only other similar thing I have experienced was going to a tv show recording with my high school class, can't remember the show but it was going to do a parody segment of the competitions we have in Sweden leading up to eurovision song contest, and in those lead up competitions the audience always get handed un-inflated balloons at the start of the evening, so as we were going to be doing a parody of it on that show we were handed un-inflated balloons and if I recall correctly we were told by a show assistant that the difference was that we would be asked to pop the balloons as a part of the parody segment, needless to say I chicked the heck out and faked getting ill all of a sudden so I got to go home instead.

btw this is a picture of what the audience usually looks like for those competitions leading up to eurovision song contest, it doesn't really do justice to the amount of balloons that are present but its a good start
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Guest; 16-04-2022, 08:34.

Comment

• Merl
        Hopper research dept.
        • Apr 2021

Videotape was recycled (taped over) as a usual practice until roughly around 1970. I've often wondered how much adult balloon popping and Space Hoppering from before then was broadcast in the UK and U.S. but then erased.

Comment

• FunLooner
          • Dec 2019

A very good show was on Netflix called “Flinch” had some contestants strapped down and multiple balloons be pump to popped next to them and they have to try not to flinch or make a face to win!!!

Comment

• BlnGameFan
            • Mar 2022

I used to love Double Dare and Fun House as a kid. They usually they had some messy slop filled stunts. I was also into Show de Xuxa which had a ton of balloon related games . It also is where I first saw the balloon stuffing contest which is one of my favorite games, although I prefer watching it with a male host.

Comment

• Common Loon
              • Aug 2020

Another vote for the latinamericano variety shows like Sensacionalisimo -- balloon popping relay games, couples hug-popping contests, the occasional B2P race, you can find pretty much any balloon game on one of those shows.

Plus in my experience the women (presenters and contestants) tend to be almost supernaturally buxom, and the balloons are often way overinflated. I remember watching one relay race where the balloons had been blown so big, they were spontaneously popping just from falling onto the stage

Comment

• BalloonFun
                • Apr 2022

I grew up watching several different balloon popping games on TV shows here in the States. I'll share one now, and I'll share others in the days ahead to see if any of you guys/gals remember some of them.

I do remember Double Dare quite well. I think one balloon popping game stands out to me the most --- the two teams of two young contestants (all four) wore these jackets and pants that had lots of balloons attached to them. The idea for them was to plop down on the floor, roll around and bust all their balloons any way they could - the teammates could help each other pop the balloons that could not be reached. The idea is to be the team who pops all their balloons first.

That looked so fun!!!! When I watched it, I sat there....uh....reacting somewhat (if you know what I mean). Seriously, I wonder how fun it could be to tie a bunch of balloons to our bodies, then hit the floor and go on a major pop-fest!!!!

Comment

• heliumsitr68
                  • Nov 2021

The show I remember was called Pictureka . They had a game called "balloon Monsoon" Where the contestants were popping helium balloons typically by sit popping Go to 12:30
                  Popper ! I love helium balloons

Comment

• BalloonFun
                    • Apr 2022

Originally posted by heliumsitr68
                    The show I remember was called Pictureka . They had a game called "balloon Monsoon" Where the contestants were popping helium balloons typically by sit popping Go to 12:30
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoLuHIpRlxQ&t=769s
                    That looked fun!

Comment

• AgroTurtle
                      • Jun 2021

Originally posted by heliumsitr68
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoLuHIpRlxQ&t=769s
                      does anyone know what balloons are used in that?

Comment

• gayloonfcker
                        • Jan 2015

Love how the guy yells pop your balloon. Think hes a looner?

Comment

Originally posted by gayloonfcker
                          Love how the guy yells pop your balloon. Think hes a looner?
                          Most likely not, yelling that out is more for showman ship and making for interesting tv, it's a part of being a gameshow host

Comment

• BalloonFun
                            • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Yanzuh
                            Most likely not, yelling that out is more for showman ship and making for interesting tv, it's a part of being a gameshow host
                            I think you sound about right...

Comment

• dawgbone818
                              • May 2022

There used to be a Brazilian show called Fantasia several years ago where several of the beautiful ladies on the show would have blow to pop races. A contestant would choose which girl would finish first.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎