Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude1234
    • Sep 2017

Balloons in a game

Anybody play MW2 beta and noticed the balloons on the map? Last cod to have balloons in the maps was cold war

If anyone wants to play the beta or other shooter games pm me
  • abhiramwah
    • Apr 2022

Re: Balloons in a game

need balloon games for kids, anyone share details.

Comment

• Pink Balloon
      • Oct 2016

First thing you do when you see a balloon in any game is see if it's poppable.

I can confirm that the balloons in Moxxie's Wedding Day Massacure, Borderlands 3, and Fallout 76 do indeed pop.

Comment

• AnyNokosGame
        Amateur Writer/MMD artist
        • Oct 2020

Glad I'm not the only one who likes to check if they pop or not, lol!

Saints Row IV annoyed me with that, you have balloons that can be thrown around and such with super powers and they don't pop?

Genshin Impact's current 'Windlesefest' event is similarly annoying, considering they're usually good with attention to detail... at least there's an item that allows you to launch a single balloon from an earlier in-game event, that can be popped. A recently added character, Dori, also has this spherical creature that looks enough like a balloon which she sits on in one of her attack animations, so they get points for that.

I can't think of any other games where balloons are present, much less where they can be popped, though.

Comment

• Pink Balloon
          • Oct 2016

Oh yeah, Octo Balloons in Breath of the Wild.

Not enviromental, they're dropd from octolings, basically the air bladder that lets them jump.

You can use them to make things float, and yes you can pop them.

Comment

• BouncyWiz
            • Aug 2022

Majora's Mask has a minigame where you shoot balloons with arrows. I assume there are other Zelda games with balloon popping minigames, but I can't think of any.

The Spyro series has several balloon examples, especially in the second game:
            Some levels have gem containers hanging off balloons that can be popped by projectiles.
            The lava monsters in Magma Cone pop like balloons when you spit rocks at them.
            There's a minigame where you ride a plane and shoot balloons.
            Another minigame involves riding a rollercoaster while popping balloons.
            Two of the games have enemies that float with balloons which are defeated by popping them.

Some (if not all) of the Mario Party games have a minigame where you inflate giant balloons until they pop.

Comment

Overwatch 1/2's blizzard world map has balloons around the map that can be popped with confetti coming out when they do, and you can even set them free to just float away

Comment

• AgroTurtle
                • Jun 2021

Fortnite had balloons as an item in it. They were really big and made you jump higher/fly. They made really nice squeaking noises and burst when shot. I would sometimes just go into the creative mode to fly around and listen to them

Comment

• Mutaloon
                  • Nov 2018

The splatoon series has balloons that pop when you shoot them. There is even a pufferfish balloon that would over inflate and explode with ink when shot at.

Yoshi's island for the snes has a number of balloon-like elements in it. There is a balloon boo enemy that inflates upon being hit with an egg that would eventually burst upon being hit a third time. There is also a few balloon mini-games that you can play.

Comment

• BluCrystaLoon
                    • Dec 2021

Resident Evil 7 has a whole puzzle sequence involving balloons, like a whole room filled with blue balloons that can be popped using a candle or a p2p with a gas nozzle.
                    And because of the beautiful RE engine, the balloons in this game are some of the best looking balloons in a game imho.

Comment

• Loonatic
                      Balloons + Feet
                      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Yanzuh
                      Overwatch 1/2's blizzard world map has balloons around the map that can be popped with confetti coming out when they do, and you can even set them free to just float away
                      came here to say this haha

Comment

• Exaturbo
                        • Feb 2021

Old school arcade game pooyan has balloons that have to be shot with arrows. Can remember playing that a bit in the 1980s.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎