X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kajapo
    • Oct 2021

Blushing girl face balloon with ribbon print

FB_IMG_15952355188358292.jpg

Would love to know if anyone sees or had experiences with this kind of balloon before? This balloon, particularly the ones with the girl face print used to be common back then in Malaysia and Singapore (not sure if other countries had this balloon too, but if yes, I would love to hear about your experiences with it!). You can buy them at any grocery stores and they are commonly used in birthday parties, Children's day and special occasions. Unfortunately they were discontinued and replaced by lower quality balloons now and you can't get them anymore.

My fetish for balloons developed thanks to this balloon in particular. Will share my stories and experiences with this balloon soon. I've been lurking in this forum for quite a time and I wonder if anyone here had experienced with this balloon before? I'm very happy to hear from you and your stories!
  • RLMI
    • Jul 2021

Re: Blushing girl face balloon with ribbon print

Yes definitely. I remember these balloons well. They're still around but the graphics may come in other patterns now. The shape and feel are still the same. The rubber is quite soft. The first breath would swell out the balloon near the neck, although the dot at the end would still be wrinkly. Eventually the air would spread out to a round shape, and if you blew further, it would become oval shaped, and eventually form a good neck if you dared.

We used to get given some of these balloons in school during various celebration days and everyone would blow them up by mouth. Most of us didn't know how to tie the balloons, so we just blew them up, let them go, and repeated until the balloons eventually popped. I recall that most of us would blow the balloons pretty big and tight, much tighter than the pic in the previous post. That would only be about half full. The rest of the neck would swell up all the way to your mouth. Some of us got the teachers to tie our balloons and the necks were so long that we could hold the balloons by the neck, using the neck as a handle. We didn't seem to mind having to handle the wet mouthpieces of a balloon someone else blew up. Some of my friends would even place the balloon in their own mouth to add more air or to use as a grip when tying.

The colours were great too, as they all became quite see through once inflated. Actually a lot of moisture and breath condensation would visibly form too.

I have memories of friends in school doing blow to pops accidentally - We blew them up huge - in class, in the playground and also on the bus. We also had blow to pop competitions at school. I distinctly remember the stronger kids get chosen for this. I also remember the clouds of smoke when the balloons popped. I don't think the boys were necessarily faster than the girls either.

I used to like to let the balloons hang in my mouth while blowing them up. My favourite colour was the translucent red. At first I always only put in 6 breaths and the balloons would only just start to elongate. But then I would increase to 7, and eventually 10 breaths, and the balloon would begin to have a visible neck. I have decorated when every balloon was super overinflated by myself.

I could get to 12 breaths but the balloon would become glassy and hard, and be a real risk of random popping. It would also be very hard to tie. Sometimes I would use a rubber band to tie the balloon . It was these tightest balloons that got really shiny and when you threw them in the air, they were so full of air that they almost hung around midair for awhile before slowing coming down.

Shops used to use these balloons as giveaways too. I remember one shop blew them up all of the balloons with huge necks and put them on sticks . I was given one, a red one, and you could see right through it. I pulled the stick out and just held on to it but it got ruined by fingerprints. Luckily it didn't pop, as quite a few were popping all around us.

Comment

• albertcerruti
      • Aug 2018

Yes I am very familiar with it! I grew up with them as well. My fetish came about due to them. I watched a cute girl blew up a red balloon when I was in primary school. It was all really innocent but I think something psychologically click. The face further enhances the anticipation. The bigger it got, the bigger the face got - almost yelling at you to stop it.

They were not the most safest balloons to blow up and would pop easily - sometimes for no good reason. I used to dread seeing them at parties as you do not know when they would pop.

I am scouring the internet for them and have often wondered about doing customs prints on a crystal TT17. Does anybody know where to get these? The last bag I had said "made in Korea" but I am uncertain as this was like 15-20 years ago? Would love to get my hands on these.

Where are you from Kajapo? Malaysia/Singapore?

Comment

• Kajapo
        • Oct 2021

Thanks for your sharing! Am very happy to hear about another person's experience with the childhood balloon! If I'm not mistaken this balloon already existed since the 60-70's I guess (I've saw them in some old photographs probably in the 60-70s where this kind of balloon with the girl faces print were widely used in Children's Day, parties and celebrations). And yes they are very fragile due to the quality of the balloon itself. Glad to hear that you got childhood experiences and memories of that girl face print balloon!

Comment

• Kajapo
          • Oct 2021

Oh wow it was very refreshing to hear from someone who developed into a balloon fetish from that childhood balloon. Not sure where do you from but I'm from Malaysia. I believed that most of the looners in Malaysia/Singapore (or any other countries?) developed their balloon fetish due to this balloon as they were widely used in parties, celebrations and special occasions. The face intensified the emotions with the balloon too as it resembles like a "childhood friend". I'm very interested in hearing more from you, how you develop the fetish and your experiences with the childhood balloon. Mind if you hit me at inbox? Would love to hear more from you, especially another person who'd developed the same fetish with the balloon that we used to play as a child

Comment

• Asclepio
            • Sep 2018

About 1 month ago I saw very similar balloons on the Aliexpress website, I'm going to search again and if I find them again I'll let you know. Probably because of the place where I saw them that day, now they are in charge of a Chinese factory
            A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Kajapo
              • Oct 2021

Ah, thanks for the information man! Yeah I think now it was manufactured by other factory, I found cheap balloons with similar print here but the quality of the balloons now were totally different than the previous generation. It's colour is much more vibrant, is transparent and it similar to the crystal soap balloons but less durable.

Comment

• RLMI
                • Jul 2021

I think these are the same balloons we're talking about.

The graphic print is different but the colours and shape are very very similar.

I know that even in the early 1990s, not all the balloons we got from a pack would have the face print. Some would have other drawings but the balloon was the same.

The green balloon at the start has 11 breaths blown into it and it's pretty big. I used to blow 10 breaths and generally anything more than 12 breaths would not be a wide idea.

There is a red balloon being blown up halfway through the video. It gets 11 breaths as well. The colour, shine and shape are definitely very reminiscent of the face print balloons.
                Last edited by RLMI; 01-03-2022, 22:34.

Comment

• albertcerruti
                  • Aug 2018

Kajapo - I have PM you. Would love to hear more from any Malaysian/Singaporean looners as I grew up in that part of the world. I always thought I was strange and odd to have such a fetish, especially with how society and the community views it. So I'm happy to destigmatise it a little here.

Asclepio - Thank you for searching. I would really love to buy them.

Comment

• H888H
                    • Mar 2022

Here, found those balloons in Shopee, but the prints are random. You can try to request your favourite prints when you purchase it.

Malaysian looner here, got to say this balloon is one of the reason im here.

Comment

• albertcerruti
                      • Aug 2018

Thank you!! Unfortunately, they do not ship internationally ...... Sigh!

Comment

• tk2ftw
                        • Jan 2022

These balloons are very rare nowadays, it used to sell in those chinese medicine shops and i remember going there to buy many when i was a child. if only they made the balloon thicker tho as they are really thin

Comment

• RLMI
                          • Jul 2021

Yes the rubber was very thin. Once you blow air into the balloons, the colour becomes a lot lighter and transparent.

I thought they looked quite nice. I found them generally to be reliable till they were starting to get a neck. I used to blow them up till the neck would swell up all the way to my mouth, then use string to tie them. The rubber had a distinctive smell and taste too.

Comment

• Kajapo
                            • Oct 2021

Wow, glad to hear more from other looners who knew about the blushing face balloons! May I know if you're from Malaysia / Singapore? Do you develop your balloon fetish from these balloons too?

Comment

• SweetBouncer
                              • Mar 2020

Here you have it:

From here should be easy to extract the image details needed to make a mesh template for printing some of those 太陽風船 (Taiyō fūsen) or Sun Balloons.

I never have one, cause they doesn't exist in my country, but i'm glad to help.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎