Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TL39
    • Sep 2021

Inflatable Popping??

So as a looner who enjoys both balloons and inflatables, popping both of them has become a pretty normal thing for me, although of course due to cost cosiderations I've popped far more balloons that inflatables. Heck, I'm even attending a year end party with some IRL friends where we've all contributed a lot of balloons and inflatables, with the explicit understanding that anything thats at the party has a high likelihood of ending up in in a non-usable state afterwards.

However, on 1 of the looner chats that I'm in, I recently discovered that apparently popping inflatables is a bit of a controversial subject in the wider looner community. 1 of the mods took down a recent post some1 made about a popped inflatable, saying that this was a super touchy subject in the community and that even tho this was a popping chat they would rather not have that in there.

I am curious to ask the people here why some believe this to be a particularly touchy subject?
  • Sl33juhrLooner
    • Jan 2019

Re: Inflatable Popping??

I've never thought of it as a touchy subject at all, it doesn't float my boat, but other than that, a pop is a pop to me.

Comment

• Danniballoon
      • Mar 2018

I think some people are really attached to them and find them things of great beauty, almost as if they were living things. That's my take on it, anyway. I could be wrong.
      Whilst I pop balloons and occasionally inflatables myself, I do hate to see others pop them and yet at the same time get turned on by it. Odd really
      I also get a kick out of repairing popped inflatables and often wish that more people would sell them on e-bay... Let's recycle

Comment

• Pseudo
        • Oct 2021

I don't really know if my answer will ne interesting for you but, in my mind, popping an inflatable is not interesting because it isn't loud. My fetish is about the pop (include firecrackers) which scare me, and I am impressed about girls who aren't scared by loud pop. Just to say, for me, inflatables are a thing like an other.

Comment

• wildheart
          • Apr 2015

Inflatable pops can be loud. I blew an inflatable sofa until it burst a few weeks ago. It was really difficult, then went bang and I felt it in my chest. It's not quite balloon loud, but it certainly made me jump.
          How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
          My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Seasidelad
            • Sep 2018

I don’t consider it a touchy subject but I guess we’re all different. I can pop inflatables and like seeing others do it too. Unlike balloons it seems an expensive waste just to destroy them I know sometimes the pop is too bad and can’t be repaired but some people just like to destroy including rare, expensive and discontinued inflates. I do worry that with climate change and protecting the planet that inflatables could become very expensive, banned or even made with materials that won’t be as good. When I have an inflatable that cannot be saved I reuse some of the vinyl to repair other inflatables.

I have saved some inflatables and even taken popped ones I like the challenge to repair and have more fun with them. I have in the past swapped inflatables as I like the feel of a used inflatable especially if it was used as I would have used it. I have asked before and got inflatables but also respect if someone says no it is their property and I respect that. I know some inflatable collectors are very anti popping but you can’t stop it so don’t watch if you don’t like it.

Comment

• Seasidelad
              • Sep 2018

I agree with Wildheart some inflatable popping can be loud. I once brought home an Intex ring that had been left on the beach by a young guy. Played with loads but was side bouncing on it having pumped it up tight and when popped it made me jump like a balloon pop. Shame though cause I liked it but wasn’t able to repair the damage.

Comment

• Pseudo
                • Oct 2021

Ok, I am curious that it could be loud. I'll try when I'have the possibility.

Comment

• TL39
                  • Sep 2021

Originally posted by Seasidelad
                  I don’t consider it a touchy subject but I guess we’re all different. I can pop inflatables and like seeing others do it too. Unlike balloons it seems an expensive waste just to destroy them I know sometimes the pop is too bad and can’t be repaired but some people just like to destroy including rare, expensive and discontinued inflates. I do worry that with climate change and protecting the planet that inflatables could become very expensive, banned or even made with materials that won’t be as good. When I have an inflatable that cannot be saved I reuse some of the vinyl to repair other inflatables.

I have saved some inflatables and even taken popped ones I like the challenge to repair and have more fun with them. I have in the past swapped inflatables as I like the feel of a used inflatable especially if it was used as I would have used it. I have asked before and got inflatables but also respect if someone says no it is their property and I respect that. I know some inflatable collectors are very anti popping but you can’t stop it so don’t watch if you don’t like it.
                  If you're interested in popped inflatables I could ask if my friends might be willing to give or sell u the ones that have been popped after our year end party. For context these are all the inflatables every1 has contributed to the party:

Intex Dolphin (old grey version) x7
                  Intex Dolphin (new white version) x4
                  Intex Whale x3
                  Intex Shark (Purple) x3
                  Best Way Whale (Black) x1
                  PuffyPaws Wolf x4
                  PuffyPaws Sea Dragon x8
                  Fyaryuu (White) x12
                  Fyaryuu (Red) x11
                  IW Whale (5m black) x2
                  IW Whale (5m blue) x3

Full disclosure though, due to size constraints we probably won't inflate/use all of these at our party even though we will be bringing them to the place. The only ones I know are definitely being used as of this moment are 4 Fyaryuus (2 red and 2 white) and 2 Sea Dragons because they have been incorporated into 1 of our planned games.

Idea is for 3 teams of 2 each to have a sit pop race involving about 50 or so balloons. Whoever finishes first keeps their dragons intact, 2nd place has 1 dragon popped and last place has both popped. So thats definitely 3 popped dragons that we'll have, but I can't say which ones they will be XD

Comment

• adidas_sitpopper
                    • Jul 2021

I mean, apart from the occasional nonpoppers sending death threats, I don't view it as particularly touchy.

And TL39, that party sounds like a ton off fun

Comment

• Vicci
                      Blown to bits
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Pseudo
                      popping an inflatable is not interesting because it isn't loud.
                      You're doing it wrong then. I've blow to pop some large beach balls and rings which went boom so loud, next time I saw my neighbour (our houses are detached), she asked if I heard the explosion the other night
                      Vicci x

Comment

• Pseudo
                        • Oct 2021

Oo !! That's right ? It's crazy, I will try next time !! Thks for sharing expérience and make me wrong.

Comment

• Seasidelad
                          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by TL39
                          If you're interested in popped inflatables I could ask if my friends might be willing to give or sell u the ones that have been popped after our year end party. For context these are all the inflatables every1 has contributed to the party:

Intex Dolphin (old grey version) x7
                          Intex Dolphin (new white version) x4
                          Intex Whale x3
                          Intex Shark (Purple) x3
                          Best Way Whale (Black) x1
                          PuffyPaws Wolf x4
                          PuffyPaws Sea Dragon x8
                          Fyaryuu (White) x12
                          Fyaryuu (Red) x11
                          IW Whale (5m black) x2
                          IW Whale (5m blue) x3

Full disclosure though, due to size constraints we probably won't inflate/use all of these at our party even though we will be bringing them to the place. The only ones I know are definitely being used as of this moment are 4 Fyaryuus (2 red and 2 white) and 2 Sea Dragons because they have been incorporated into 1 of our planned games.

Idea is for 3 teams of 2 each to have a sit pop race involving about 50 or so balloons. Whoever finishes first keeps their dragons intact, 2nd place has 1 dragon popped and last place has both popped. So thats definitely 3 popped dragons that we'll have, but I can't say which ones they will be XD
                          Hi, I don’t have a lot of space but would be interested if any of the dolphins, shark or whales became available. I would like to get a Puffypaws wolf but don’t have anywhere to keep it atm. Thanks

Comment

• Danniballoon
                            • Mar 2018

This will certainly shock a lot of people who hate seeing inflatables popped...

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

I must admit it shocks me a bit.. I have been after one of those green & blue Swimline outriggers for ages as they look so boinkable. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be available any more and to see him popping one right before my eyes, when I so want one is a bit depressing.

Those outdoor inflatables are really nice, too. (the giant yellow ball). They are made from a lovely soft vinyl and despite been too big to boink fully inflated, they are really nice to roll around on partly inflated, whilst totally naked.

Comment

• Mutaloon
                              • Nov 2018

I fail to see why popping inflatables can be considered controversial. I played with a few inflatables in my life and I enjoy watching them blow up. I like to watch videos of inflatables take form as they inflate bigger. Some of those clear inflatables look like they would be fun. I suppose watching inflatables pop is a little disappointing since they are meant to be played with extensively and you can deflate them safely without damage.

But in the end, the appeal of the balloon always wins me over.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎