X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zman21
    • Jun 2022

Re: Bunch O Balloons : Re-engineered Version 1

Hello friends,

I would like to tell you about my first experience with this "bunch-o-balloon" pump. After a fairly long looner break, I'm more of a scaredy-cat now... that's why I "only" put 8 balloons on the pump for the first try and fled outside after I had switched on the pump.

The tension was still huge and somehow I had the feeling that it was taking far too long... I just didn't hear a bang for a very long time. I was beginning to think that for some reason the pump wasn't popping the balloons, so I went back inside to stop the test. When I was 3 meters from the balloons it suddenly went BOOM BOOM BOOM... several loud bangs in quick succession and I quickly turned off the pump. There were only three balloons left - but they were incredibly tight and huge!!! A few seconds later BOOM again and there was only one last balloon left.

I still managed to measure the diameter - it was 40.5cm, almost 16"!!! Shortly thereafter there was another bang and the last balloon had dissolved into tiny little pieces.

I think I've passed the baptism of fire with this pump, even if the first try didn't quite go according to plan I can absolutely recommend this pump - it's super exciting and a lot of fun! And the balloons will be much bigger than expected!

Greetings and have fun trying it out
    zman21

Comment

• stormbubble
      • Nov 2017

thanks for update, were these 12" to start? Need to figure out a good way like loonmaster did and reload with larger balloons!

Comment

• pinpopper
        • Mar 2019

Love the nut and bolt style adaptor very nice loon master. Are these a 3D print and if so can you share the stl. If your into 3D printing this Hose connector is fully customisable via Customiser. I have used it to make adaptors for my inflator for bigger balloons.

Comment

• Meililoon
          aka lyckr
          • Sep 2014

I had a new idea for reusing the tubes a few weeks ago. I had a bunch of those cheap one-way valves you get from various looner stores. I pushed out the bit that's supposed to prevent the air from escaping (and only works 10% of the time), pulled the tube through the hole and used some thick glue to seal the holes around it and keep the tube in place.
          The plastic flaps on the end of the tubes are now hidden inside the valve and doesn't get in the way when you attach a balloon to it, unlike when I tried it with corks. It's also a lot easier to attach balloons on these.
          Downside is of course that it can't hold on to balloons with a wider neck and I'm not sure they will stay on if you try to do blow to pops with them. I tried to inflate 8 11" balloons and it worked really well for that. Definitely a good solution if you're looking to use it for just inflating a bunch of balloons and tie them like usual.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎