Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danniballoon
    • Mar 2018

Rebreather bags

I read a thread in the group where someone mentioned using latex rebreather bags as balloons. I thought I'd give it a try and got hold of a 1 litre bag. I was a bit apprehensive at first, worried that the latex would be really thick and capable of giving a nasty welt. However, the latex isn't much thicker than a normal balloon. Despite it's oval shape, the 1 litre one inflated to a similar size and shape as some 27" Chinese balloons that I have.

I then got a 2 litre and 3 litre version. The 2 litre inflates more oval and gets up to a nice size. Unfortunately, the 3 litre one appears to be non-latex and doesn't inflate as huge as I was hoping for. I need to look around & see if I can get a latex version
    Attached Files
  • stormbubble
    • Nov 2017

Re: Rebreather bags

Everytime I looked, they were very expensive. Also wondered about those "hoods" that you put over your head and inflate- most of them looners wouldn't be interested in- but I have seen one that looked kind of like a balloon on someone's head.

Comment

• balloonPatcher
      • Jun 2020

These are my fav 'balloons'.
      I bought these 6 liter ones directly from India from a company called
      Softex. The inflation tube is from some old 30" agates.
      They are great for bouncing since they are strong enough to hold your weight.
      They weigh about 100 grams and are underinflated at about 30".
      Attached Files

Comment

• stormbubble
        • Nov 2017

Would it be possible to inflate a balloon through one or not?

Comment

• Homa1984
          • Sep 2020

I received a couple of such breathing boxes, I wrote about them here

Comment

• Harley
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by stormbubble
            Everytime I looked, they were very expensive. Also wondered about those "hoods" that you put over your head and inflate- most of them looners wouldn't be interested in- but I have seen one that looked kind of like a balloon on someone's head.
            I've seen exactly one of those that looked interesting, but to compensate I found it very nice indeed! Here's some caps of Lady Natalie Black mouth-inflating it from start to finish - once she's blown it into shape it starts expanding, as you can tell by the distance to the ceiling in the lower pics. Quite balloon-like in that respect!

(I suspect it also serves as an air reservoir for the encasement victim, unless of course there's some hidden breathing tube. Since I'm not that into breathplay and related equipment I can't say, though! )

Anyone seen those anywhere else or tried one themselves? And is there a special name for that kind of hood? Always curious to learn new things.

Comment

• Seidenki
              • Dec 2016

Hood like that are usually called ballhoods because, well, they look like a ball. Vast majority of them have an inner layer, too, and a hose to an external port for the wearer to breathe through. (In fact, I've only ever heard of exactly one _without_ an inner layer and that was custom made by the dom and not sold.)

They are usually a lot thicker than balloons, too. 0.8mm and 0.4mm latex are the two common sizes I've see. I believe balloon latex is much thinner.

Comment

• Harley
                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Seidenki
                Hood like that are usually called ballhoods because, well, they look like a ball. Vast majority of them have an inner layer, too, and a hose to an external port for the wearer to breathe through. (In fact, I've only ever heard of exactly one _without_ an inner layer and that was custom made by the dom and not sold.)
                Thanks! The ones I've seen referred to as ballhoods have been much smaller and usually equipped with a breathing tube (or maybe port is the proper name? You know what I mean anyway, a visible extension for air to pass through or connect to hoses or rebreathers). Thought these bigger ones might have had a slightly different name!

Originally posted by Seidenki
                They are usually a lot thicker than balloons, too. 0.8mm and 0.4mm latex are the two common sizes I've see. I believe balloon latex is much thinner.
                Oh wow, I never thought about the actual thickness in measurements, just assumed they would be quite sturdy. 0.4 sounds fragile but maybe it holds up well, just goes to show what a noob I am when it comes to practical experience with latex gear! (I've watched plenty over the years, though...)

Comment

• stormbubble
                  • Nov 2017

That photo looks like the largest ballhood i've seen, would be cool to find one 36 inch or related.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎