Old 08-07-2022, 06:42 PM

Blueballoondude89 is on a distinguished road
Default Favorite color assortment or pairing?
I LOVE Standard red, Citrine, light blue and Lilac. With either dark green to replace the light blue, or Dark blue. Reminds me of the assortment of colors that Disney World used to have for their balloons in the 1980s and very early 90s. Also, when I used to go to the Open Houses at the local fire station, they had printed Qualatex balloons in Yellow, orange, pink and light blue. Ever since then, I’ve LOVED that combo. One year they were standard Tuftex. My mom actually took a pic of me holding some lol.

I also love anything with black, light blue and pink (all 3) added in. Like the assortment of twisting balloons that comes in Ruby, mandarin, sapphire, citrine, Emerald, quartz, white, pink, black, and Light blue. I really wish Qualatex had an 11 inch round assortment of this. I’ve blown them up before when I worked in retail and we had most of the Qtex jewel tone colors.

Some jewel tones just do NOT pair well with standards. Ruby red and mandarin orange especially. Ruby Red looks awful with standard dark blue, but Sapphire blue and Emerald green looks SO GOOD with solid red. Ironically, plain standard yellow looks great with Sapphire, Ruby red and Emerald green. Citrine yellow also goes good with a lot of standards, except plain orange lol.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:20 PM

randomlooner316 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Favorite color assortment or pairing?
I love the jewe; tones. Colorful but still a bit transparent. although I do also love clear balloons
Old 08-07-2022, 07:27 PM

Scooter is on a distinguished road
I tend to like darker colors for my balloons. Emerald greens, reds, blues... The one exception being that there's something about soft light blue balloons that really gets me going.

I don't think about assortments as much. As long as they have my favorite colors I'm happy.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:57 PM

AJK64 is on a distinguished road
Pinks and light blue balloons look so good together.

I love jewel/crystal tone pink balloons in general, but they are so hard to find
Old 11-07-2022, 12:14 PM

LoonerPlanet is on a distinguished road
So many good choices. A decorator once told me that red, yellow and orange are considered "hot", so I fancy those in jewel colors. You can replace jewel red with the jewel pink and get a bit hotter. I've also experimented with 11" chromes inside clear 16" Unique polka dots as helium balloons--like that one a lot.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:11 PM

Blueballoondude89 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LoonerPlanet View Post
So many good choices. A decorator once told me that red, yellow and orange are considered "hot", so I fancy those in jewel colors. You can replace jewel red with the jewel pink and get a bit hotter. I've also experimented with 11" chromes inside clear 16" Unique polka dots as helium balloons--like that one a lot.
Wow, I never knew Unique made the polka dots in 16 inch! Jewel red, jewel orange, jewel yellow, and emerald green look GORGEOUS. Or replace green with Quartz purple. I loved it with Jewel Lime as well but Qualatex had to discontinue those as well I really wanted to do double stuffed Jewel lime and cocoa brown to make that retro 70s/80s Qualatex dark green.
Old 15-07-2022, 06:22 AM

Scooter is on a distinguished road
I realized today that our store actually changed the shade of our green balloons. Used to be a darker forest-y green, but now it's a soft "granny smith apple" green. Thought of this thread because although I like the color less, I think it works in an assortment better. Like how different it is too, since I don't think that's a common option.
Old 15-07-2022, 10:57 AM

JOhara is on a distinguished road
Pink and light blue are my favorites together!
Old 16-07-2022, 02:28 AM

Heliumlooner is on a distinguished road
Pink red white , happy birthday prints , well done curled ribbon. Longer tail the better, ribbon is big for me
Old 16-07-2022, 11:08 PM

SweetBouncer is on a distinguished road
Bubblegum pink #FDC8DA, Blue #0018a8, Spanish red #e60026, and black all opaque, and transparent/clear balloons.
Ribbon Silver or Light Steel Blue #B3CBE4, curled at the end.