Old 24-06-2021, 11:33 PM

SirSquishy is on a distinguished road
Default Scents & Smells
Hello fellow inflators,

I have a question about scents and smells. As I'm sure you all know, some inflatables and balloons don't smell that...great. Sometimes the chemically smell of a new toy is kind of off putting, but doesn't stop me from having a good time. It's great that good quality latex balloons smell absolutely arousing, but some other inflatables like wubbles for example, smell very chemically.

Bad smells like this don't stop me from having a good time, but I was thinking (dangerous, I know), are there ways to make inflatables smell good? I could spray some cologne or perfume, but that might hurt or degrade the material.

Do any of you do anything to make your inflatables smell better?
Old 25-06-2021, 02:27 PM

sexyneck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scents & Smells
I have been using baby powder on balloons before having sex sessions with them. Baby powder does smell nice and turn me on.

Originally Posted by SirSquishy View Post
Hello fellow inflators,

I have a question about scents and smells. As I'm sure you all know, some inflatables and balloons don't smell that...great. Sometimes the chemically smell of a new toy is kind of off putting, but doesn't stop me from having a good time. It's great that good quality latex balloons smell absolutely arousing, but some other inflatables like wubbles for example, smell very chemically.

Bad smells like this don't stop me from having a good time, but I was thinking (dangerous, I know), are there ways to make inflatables smell good? I could spray some cologne or perfume, but that might hurt or degrade the material.

Do any of you do anything to make your inflatables smell better?
Old 26-06-2021, 03:49 AM

Any chemists in here know anything about how perfume/cologne interacts with latex?

Also, are there any lubricants that have a nice smell? I know powder is kind of a lubricant, but I'm thinking of liquid lube as that's what I like to use. Something water based that's natural and not harmful to humans or latex that smells good would be a great find. Anybody use anything like this?
Old 30-06-2021, 12:21 PM

tebe2hu is on a distinguished road
I actually found only the 12" Chinese party balloons smelling weird but even those lose it after 2-3 inflations.
My granddaughter who likes the balloons' smell, can recognize the GEMAR punchballs and the Party City 24" just from their smell. The other day I worked in the garden with a pair of rubberized gloves. When I finished and entered the house she noted "Gran, your hands smell like loons" (Papa, lufiszag˙ a kezed!)
Old 19-07-2021, 01:20 AM

Common Loon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SirSquishy
Any chemists in here know anything about how perfume/cologne interacts with latex?
I'd be wary. Most perfumes/colognes rely on oils to give them their fragrance and those oils would be likely to weaken a balloon if you sprayed directly onto it. Probably by the time it absorbs into your skin, though, there's not much more danger to it than your natural skin oils already provide.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Common Loon View Post
I'd be wary. Most perfumes/colognes rely on oils to give them their fragrance and those oils would be likely to weaken a balloon if you sprayed directly onto it. Probably by the time it absorbs into your skin, though, there's not much more danger to it than your natural skin oils already provide.
Perhaps a scented water based lotion is the answer here. I guess it all depends on the ingredients.
Old 03-08-2022, 02:45 AM

Posting again in this thread because I bought some balloons online recently and they smell...awful.

Not sure if any of you have encountered this, but the balloons I got have a very strong odor to them. One pack I got almost has a fish like smell to them. Normally the odor of a loon doesn't turn me off, but with these balloons, they smell so strong and gross it does turn me off a little bit.

So two questions really. First, any creative ways to get rid of strong odors on latex? Second, what balloon brands or sources have you bought from that smell wonderful?
Old 03-08-2022, 03:05 AM

Qbubbleballoon (: is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SirSquishy View Post
Posting again in this thread because I bought some balloons online recently and they smell...awful.

Not sure if any of you have encountered this, but the balloons I got have a very strong odor to them. One pack I got almost has a fish like smell to them. Normally the odor of a loon doesn't turn me off, but with these balloons, they smell so strong and gross it does turn me off a little bit.

So two questions really. First, any creative ways to get rid of strong odors on latex? Second, what balloon brands or sources have you bought from that smell wonderful?
I personally love how cattex balloons smell They have an amazing sweet smell! Qualatex hearts also smell incredible. I love the smell of tuftex balloons but when they begin to oxidize tuftex balloons can really stink!
Old 03-08-2022, 05:04 AM

Scooter is on a distinguished road
I have a couple balloons from a brand called Balloonia, and I've noted that they have a really nice scent to them. Hard to describe, but a little sweet, almost? As much as balloons can be.

But I actually really like the smell of balloons. It's part of the experience for me.
Old 05-08-2022, 02:02 AM

Thanks guys, I'll have to look for those brands. You ever get any brands that stink? I'm not sure if it's the brand or supplier, but it seems most balloons I get off amazon smell awful.