Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blueballoondude89
    • Apr 2022

Old school Christmas lights remind me of balloons

The C7 and C9 ceramic bulbs. NOT the newfangled LEDs. The old fashioned that make the room super warm but give that nostalgic holiday glow. It’s funny because they are shaped like latex balloons, and come in Opaque and transparent “Jewel tone.”

Me and my partner put c9 (“11 inch”) “Jewel tones” around the living room windows and 11 inch standards outside with a couple of jewel tones sprinkled in here and there. I had some “9 inch” C7s around my tree for a few years. And like latex balloons, it looks SO much better when it’s a solid red light and then a transparent blue one right next to it. As opposed to solid blue and then a transparent red. Certain jewels do NOT go with certain solids. Also, funnily enough, I’m not a huge fan of the “Red white blue green orange” latex balloon assortment like they come on the light strands.

And I do like the LED because of how they can change colors and sync to music and it saves more money on electricity. But it just doesn’t feel nostalgic like the old school lights. And that’s all we’re using around the house too.
    Attached Files
  • Whale Rider
    • Nov 2022

Re: Old school Christmas lights remind me of balloons

has anyone ever tried to put loons let say 36 er ^^ onto an LED chain and use it as an xmas light chain?

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎