X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nopops4me
    • Jun 2015

Punchball balloons.

Hi All
    Keeping to covid restrictions, we had an adult only fun time over Christmas, including blowing up 16" punch ball balloons and bouncing and bopping them at each other. They were the tough, thick latex type which blew up quite tight, not a lot of give. So with none bursting, we took a break for refreshments. After an hour or so we went back to find that most of them had deflated. After a struggle to untie the neck, we blew them back to rated size again. Fun then resumed for a while.
    Later in the evening wanting to have another round of punch ball play, we discovered yet again they had deflated.
    Are punch ball balloons really only for kids knowing that they are only a once only use and they don't survive more than the one session with kids play? And therefore although they are thick latex, the ring for the rubber band or neck (which wasn't inflated) may have minute pinholes in them and let's the air escape after a time.
    What experiences have you had with punchball balloons?? It would be good to hear you're views.
  • MetroBalloon
    • Oct 2017

Re: Punchball balloons.

I've never heard of balloons deflating that fast. It wouldn't make sense unless they had holes in them somewhere.

Comment

• Danniballoon
      • Mar 2018

I had one deflate the other day. There was a small hole on the loop where the elastic goes. However, they don't usually deflate quickly.

Comment

• Nopops4me
        • Jun 2015

Problem solved. The day after the party I gathered up the now limp punch balls and preceded to investigate why these pb's deflated. Untying the necks (bit of a struggle), one at a time I blew them up again and inspected them against a light, only to discover that each had at least one pin hole in one of those thicker latex veins that runs the length of the body of the balloon, confirming this by holding the hole near my cheek and feeling a fine jet of air. How on earth they didn't explode, the way we were treating them whilst we played with them, I'll never know. But we had fun that day.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎