Old 08-04-2021, 02:27 PM

Blowitbig is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rescued Balloons
That must of been an amazing riding experience thanks for sharing
Old 10-04-2021, 07:02 PM

Danniballoon is on a distinguished road
I think the people I got them from had made it from one of the kits you can get on E-Bay. I wanted to deflate some and save them but the knots were incredibly tight. I did manage to deflate the big purple one, though

I went out and got another balloon arch yesterday and was able to untie all the balloons.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg Arch 3.jpg (89.9 KB, 115 views)
Old 13-04-2021, 01:40 PM

I was looking through the free ads. and a lady was advertising a small balloon arch for free, otherwise She was going to pop it. It was a home made one that was used for a kids party. There was something about the 'Pop' word that really turned me on. I enquired about it and said I may be able to pick it up, later. As though She was taunting me, she said that she would hang on to it for me, otherwise she was going to pop it. The excitement was intense and my heart started racing and my mind was spinning. I just had to get them before she popped them. I was almost pleading with her to hang on to them and I said I would come and get them. It was some distance away and I hurriedly set off to her house. When I got there, She was waiting with them in her doorway, thankfully still inflated (only one of them was popped). She wasn't that bad looking, though the balloons were only around 7 inch ones. It didn't matter, though. It was such a joy to get them home intact and such a relief to strip naked and ride those lovely rescued balloons. It was so wonderful to get them and them not end up as shredded bits of rubber in a trashcan. I have been sleeping with several of them under the quilt cover. It just feels so good with them still intact at the side of me.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg 20210412_112721.jpg (91.2 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by Danniballoon; 13-04-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 14-04-2021, 12:21 AM

balloonPatcher is on a distinguished road
I suppose you can call repairing a popped balloon, 'rescue'.
It is almost like giving the balloon a second chance, at least for a few more weeks.
Old 24-04-2021, 07:18 PM

balloonboy81 is on a distinguished road
I've been thinking lately about how much I miss dealerships putting out balloons and I had a thought. Who else is wondering whether or not balloons will become more used once the all the lockdowns are lifted or will people just stop using balloons entirely? From what I've seen I think the dealerships around here are completely done using balloons. Some now use those plastic balls
Old 24-04-2021, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by balloonboy81 View Post
I've been thinking lately about how much I miss dealerships putting out balloons and I had a thought. Who else is wondering whether or not balloons will become more used once the all the lockdowns are lifted or will people just stop using balloons entirely? From what I've seen I think the dealerships around here are completely done using balloons. Some now use those plastic balls
I've noticed in the UK, a lot of people have been making their own balloon arches from the kits sold on E-Bay, during lockdown. It seems to have become a big thing. I've also noticed that businesses that are re-opening after lockdown, are using arches too, though they tend to use professionally made ones and not the cheap iffy E-Bay kits
Old 24-04-2021, 09:36 PM

Loonorm is on a distinguished road
Around here, in the suburbs of Chicago, quite a few of the municipalities have passed ordinances banning the outdoor use of advertising balloons. Most dealerships are using the plastic globes now. I don’t even see too many real estate agents using them as much. Heck, 20 years ago, I would always see realtors using many balloons to draw in lookers!
Old 27-04-2021, 02:25 PM

A couple of weeks ago, I got some balloons from a commercial premises. I'd seen them listed for a while and they were a couple of weeks old. I eventually decided to go pick them up. There didn't look that many in the pictures, but once I arrived the arch was pretty big and I just managed to get them in a 4x4 with the back seats taken out. It was professionally made and the balloons were properly tied together with ribbon and not that awful plastic strip, where the balloons come loose and you end up chasing them down the street. I recognised the balloons as downsized Sempertex 12". Definitely not the cheap & thin Chinese ones and the fact that they were downsized meant that they had lasted longer. I later found some pictures of the arch online. It had been used across the entrance of the building for an opening ceremony. Thankfully, they had taken it down afterwards and stored it indoors.

I couldn't wait to ride it once I got home and it felt awesome riding those lovely soft Sempertex which were quite dusty, having been outdoors. I have since deflated them all for fun at a later date as they were so soft and stretched. My only regret is that the arch in the pictures had a downsized Sempertex 36" in it, with the company logo on it, which unfortunately someone had burst. Companies don't always like giving away balloons with their logos on, in case they get misused or end up blowing about as litter, giving them a bad name. The neck and bottom part of the 36" is still there, so I can tie it with a bit of string and inflate what's left of it for a ride, which I find quite appealing