Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balloonpop_ks
    • Mar 2023

Re: Anyone else feel embarrassed about the neighbours hearing the noise

Same Problem here. I live in a flat, in an old, very badly isolated house. You hear every noise from everyone in here. So I use the times when as few people as possible at home.
    A while back I had a fireworks storage in the middle of nowhere. That was a good place for some massive pops without disturbing anyone.

Comment

• bazpop68
      • Mar 2023

Originally posted by wildheart
      Bare in mind a pop from a soldering iron is going to be a lot quieter than a blow or sit to pop. It should give you a general idea though. It makes a big difference if your windows are open too.
      Never thought about this before, but why does the POP differ when the Balloon to bust in different way. I would have thought, 'same balloon, same pop'!

Comment

• AJK64
        • Jun 2018

The bang can be affected by the pressure that the balloon is put under before bursting. Btp and slow compression (slow handsqueeze or foot stomp) will give much louder bang in general than pierce popping. How tightly the balloon is inflated is also a big factor in the loudness of a bang

Comment

• Kitten
          • Jul 2023

Our neighbours probably hate us. They make a lot of noise themselves, so I don't worry too much. Honestly, balloons probably aren't the worst. There's plenty of other noises that come from our bedroom afterall. It's usually only a couple of loud bangs. I guess if you're popping hundreds it might be a bit more of a problem.

Comment

• srob2
            • Dec 2017

When I moved in, I put a balloon on a pump and ran outside while it popped. I could hear it, but even right near my house I might not notice. I doubt the neighbors hear anything.

Comment

• Slugamano
              • Jul 2016

Originally posted by srob2
              When I moved in, I put a balloon on a pump and ran outside while it popped. I could hear it, but even right near my house I might not notice. I doubt the neighbors hear anything.
              I've done the same test with the same result...

Comment

• zman21
                • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Slugamano
                I've done the same test with the same result...
                You are lucky! In my house you can definitely hear it outside… the windows are rather old. But I think a single bang won’t be a big problem. Mass popping wouldn’t be too clever I think

Comment

• robert
                  • Jan 2017

i dont give a thing about what they are thinking. so what my neighbors hear stuff if they come to ask i will say thats a balloon yea so what. dont answer the door when you have a balloon in hand en something in your'e pants are big its no problem I think

Comment

• Slow DeFlaite
                    • Apr 2023

I was Riding a Big 36" balloon in My Motel Room while a Couple in the Next room were Riding each other. They had the Headboard banging off My wall HARD! I rode My Balloon till it BURST! The couple in the next room thought they Broke the Bed or something inside the wall! 😆

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎