Old 13-06-2022, 12:58 PM

SweetBouncer is on a distinguished road
Default Theory about the downfall of Qualatex
Maybe Qualatex discontinue products that are more or less associated with the looner community, they just have to say, ''no we are stopping production because of lack of sales or manufacturing costs''.

Maybe they just don't wanna anything to do with the overall looner community, they sell a product that is seen by the masses as a toy or decoration, it isn't gonna look good to their business when you search for one of their products or brand name, and you get fetish related content.

Maybe they have lowered the quality of the balloons, just enough so they can still be used as toys or decorations, but not for looning while also lowering production costs.

But this is just a theory. What do y'all think?
Old 13-06-2022, 01:30 PM
Looner Skunk

Yanzuh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Theory about the downfall of Qualatex
Very doubtful, large companies have PR people if they wanna improve or distance themselves from something, they are not going to literally pretty much butcher their own business and reputation because they don't wanna be associated with a kink, also looners aren't that well known of a kink, you ask any random person on the street to name the first fetish that comes to mind maybe 1/50 will say looner
Old 13-06-2022, 01:35 PM

Blown2Bits is on a distinguished road
I heared they destroyed the Q24 molds so they can never make any again, even if someone wants to pay for whole run of them.
Since storing molds costs basically nothing, I think they did it to spite the looners.
Discord: Blown2Bits#9254
Old 13-06-2022, 01:51 PM

7balloon is on a distinguished road
Has anyone ever reached out to them?
Old 13-06-2022, 02:06 PM

loonerlee is on a distinguished road
There seems to be more plastic bubble balloons made by qualatex now, there probably cheaper to make and last longer when inflated helium, maybe this and the quality of the prints like the disney prints are more vibrant and realistic, perhaps this what appeals to the non looner. Basically imo it's about making money over everything else, I just don't think qualatex would spite looners by stopping certain productions of there products like the Q24 and the geos. I could be wrong about all of what I said, I really don't know, just my opinion.
Old 13-06-2022, 02:14 PM

Blown2Bits is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7balloon View Post
Has anyone ever reached out to them?
someone from this forum did:
https://www.blowtopop.net/showthread.php?t=23357
Discord: Blown2Bits#9254
Old 13-06-2022, 02:56 PM

SweetBouncer is on a distinguished road
It isn't about spite it's about brand image, of course, they wouldn't do it out of spite, that would be ridiculous to rile up a community, even worse now that with the internet news flies. But from a branding perspective, it also makes sense. To the common people, the masses, and the general population they made business with, they sell toys.

Imagine this, a mother, or father, or a decorator, wants to buy some Q24 or another one similar, for a party or ballon drop or whatever, they search in Google, the first thing they are gonna find about them, is us. From a business, standpoint doesn't look great to have your '' innocent'' and ''childish'' products related to fetish stuff.

All the products that had had a downgrade in quality or have been retired are more or less related to the looner community.
Old 13-06-2022, 03:45 PM

Tracy is on a distinguished road
I'd be astonished if it turned out that anything this community does has the least effect on Qualatex's decision-making. I suspect that many here have an (ahem) inflated sense of how much visibility we have to the straight world. If you google Qualatex balloons from a clean browser, you'll go quite a while before you find anything fetishy in the search results. I'm sure that Qualatex is aware that we exist, but I don't think they are deciding anything based on our preferences... One way or the other, because we sure as heck don't purchase in sufficient quantities to move the needle the other way either.

They're narrowing their product offerings and going to somewhat smaller sizes. That's exactly what I would expect a company to do, given helium prices increasing so rapidly, fewer balloons being used outside of static displays (no big balloon releases due to environmental concerns), fewer balloons being handed out in retail settings, etc.

Add to that the disruptive impacts of the pandemic on both demand - far fewer social gathering, parties, conventions, etc. - and supply (latex is perishable, and I am sure Qualatex has had the same supply chain issues as every other maker of consumer goods).

If I were in management there, I'd be thinking the same thing: how do I keep my core business going while we weather all these variables. And I don't imagine I'd be looking to Q24s or Geo blossoms to save the business, or thinking that the few tens of thousands of balloons I *might* be able to sell to the fetish community every month is going to somehow insulate me relative to the hundreds of thousands of latex balloons I have to sell every week (or perhaps every day!). I'd be thinking "keep my decorators and florists happy with as reliable a supply as I can manage."
Old 13-06-2022, 03:53 PM

AJK64 is on a distinguished road
Very doubtful. They would have no financial incentive to do so and money is ultimately all any company cares about.

As Tracy points out, you only get fetish rated search results because the algorithm of your own browser is connected to your search history and personal infi it picks up. A clean browser wont give fetish related results by searching anything balloon related because the fetish community makes up a really tiny part of the balloon buying demographic.

Last edited by AJK64; 13-06-2022 at 03:58 PM.
Old 13-06-2022, 04:08 PM

Scooter is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
I'd be astonished if it turned out that anything this community does has the least effect on Qualatex's decision-making. I suspect that many here have an (ahem) inflated sense of how much visibility we have to the straight world. If you google Qualatex balloons from a clean browser, you'll go quite a while before you find anything fetishy in the search results. I'm sure that Qualatex is aware that we exist, but I don't think they are deciding anything based on our preferences... One way or the other, because we sure as heck don't purchase in sufficient quantities to move the needle the other way either.

They're narrowing their product offerings and going to somewhat smaller sizes. That's exactly what I would expect a company to do, given helium prices increasing so rapidly, fewer balloons being used outside of static displays (no big balloon releases due to environmental concerns), fewer balloons being handed out in retail settings, etc.

Add to that the disruptive impacts of the pandemic on both demand - far fewer social gathering, parties, conventions, etc. - and supply (latex is perishable, and I am sure Qualatex has had the same supply chain issues as every other maker of consumer goods).

If I were in management there, I'd be thinking the same thing: how do I keep my core business going while we weather all these variables. And I don't imagine I'd be looking to Q24s or Geo blossoms to save the business, or thinking that the few tens of thousands of balloons I *might* be able to sell to the fetish community every month is going to somehow insulate me relative to the hundreds of thousands of latex balloons I have to sell every week (or perhaps every day!). I'd be thinking "keep my decorators and florists happy with as reliable a supply as I can manage."
Exactly. And there's another aspect of this in that most consumers who want balloons aren't going to actually look up the manufacturer and the type of balloon. They're going to go to where they know they can get balloons, and pick from the options they're presented. If there's a party store nearby that carries multiple brands, then they might do a bit of research or ask the staff or whatever, but if their best option is Party City, it doesn't matter what comes up when someone searches Qualatex, because they're just going to buy the Party City brand.

Qualatex' business isn't with the average consumer. They want to sell to people who have businesses. Either people who will resell their balloons or decorators. Money is money, so what matters to them most is making sure the quality remains high that the customers who already buy from them continue to buy from them. If a grocery store uses Qualatex for their floral section, they want to keep the grocery store happy, while the grocery store worries about keeping the consumers happy. And the consumers in-turn just go "I want a balloon" and don't worry about the brand, because they've gotten balloons there before and they know they're good quality, so there's no reason to know who the manufacturer is.