Old 08-12-2019, 01:32 AM

heaviest is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Air mattress
I found some Poolmaster 18-pocket single air mattresses with just one air chamber. They're made like the Swimline double, with air getting from the main chamber to the pillow around a wall between them, and the pillow kept from exploding by inner veins. The 18-pocket has 3 veins instead of 7. Less than half as many veins on a mattress more than half as big, so maybe they'll be easier to break? Room for two big people to sit instead of four, but less than half as strong? I can't wait to test them.

Last edited by heaviest; 08-12-2019 at 01:49 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:54 PM

Big Thud Joe is on a distinguished road
Might be just an idea, may be worth changing the name of the forum to the inflatable mattress and suit forum, as it seems most of the discussion hangs around these two things, and ultimately you may get more traffic or hits. I don't know, just a thought.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:21 AM

Inflatablefun82 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Big Thud Joe View Post
Might be just an idea, may be worth changing the name of the forum to the inflatable mattress and suit forum, as it seems most of the discussion hangs around these two things, and ultimately you may get more traffic or hits. I don't know, just a thought.
What about inflatable dolls!
Old 11-12-2019, 03:47 AM

Tookus is on a distinguished road
Yea, what about us?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 26-12-2019, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by heaviest View Post
I found some Poolmaster 18-pocket single air mattresses with just one air chamber. They're made like the Swimline double, with air getting from the main chamber to the pillow around a wall between them, and the pillow kept from exploding by inner veins. The 18-pocket has 3 veins instead of 7. Less than half as many veins on a mattress more than half as big, so maybe they'll be easier to break? Room for two big people to sit instead of four, but less than half as strong? I can't wait to test them.
I got to try these in the hotel pool, and I knew they'd be hard to stay on at my size. Outside the pool I was on them with my partner and with a woman somewhat larger than me, but not all three of us together. None of the pillow support veins broke, but that pillow was hard. None of the pockets popped, either.

In the room we did a pile-on with four of us. There wasn't room to avoid loading the pillow, so I didn't get to see if it would explode with the rest of the mattress loaded. It was one of the pockets that blew. The second mattress, the same thing happened.

To explode the pillow by loading everything but the pillow, I'm going to have to try sand bags and weight plates. People just aren't heavy enough
Old 14-01-2020, 07:08 PM

InflatableSquid is on a distinguished road
I was able to purchase this rare Japanese air mattress. Not quite as big as the intex mats but it seems really sturdy.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg 20200114_125139.jpg (3.68 MB, 153 views)
Old 10-06-2020, 05:47 AM

I have a whole box of no-brand seashell-shaped air mattresses. They're made of vinyl similar to the Intex transparent mats, and they are just one air chamber, so I had high hopes the pillow would pop. My partner and I have both been on these together outside the pool, but not long enough for the pillow to expand a lot.

We finally got to try them out in the pool. I figure they have about three times the volume of the Intex transparent mats and the econo mats, and they float me at about 600 pounds about as well as those smaller rafts float a 200-pound person. That is, they sink in the middle, but they float. The seashell mats are wider in the shoulders and a lot wider at the hips, but I pretty much sink the thing except at the feet and the pillow. I had them overinflated a bit.

It was a very warm day and the pillows expanded while we were on them. I added more air and they grew even larger, but didn't pop.

They float my partner okay. It kinda wraps around her because it's so wide and she's too heavy for it. Sinks it in the center but the outside edges are above water, as well as the feet and pillow. These are probably made for under 200 pounds and she weighs 440 or so.

I overinflated mine quite a bit more and we floated on them a while more. The extra air didn't help float me a lot better, maybe a little, but the pillow on mine grew really large. Still didn't pop. We then left them in the sun for a while, with one of the pillows looking like it would blow.

Kinda curious if I could overinflate it enough so it would float me better, so I added a lot more air. It was warm and stretched enough that I'm pretty sure I could have blow-popped it without straining, but I stopped short of that. It was bloated all over, looked noticeably larger than the second mat, which was already overinflated, but the pillow on mine was really large when I got on it. But most of the extra air was in the pillow so it didn't float me much better. Just raised my head a lot.

A woman gawked at me as I inflated the thing, and as I floated on it with the pillow bulging. I didn't disappoint her. My partner told me there was a huge bubble forming under my head, and after about ten minutes the pillow exploded. Not on a seam, though. The material on the top center of the pillow shredded.

There's no way these would float both me and my partner, but when we have privacy we'll try.

We both sat on the remaining mattress on the concrete, but my partner chickened out and got up before the pillow popped. It didn't pop with just me on it. So the second mat came home with us. I really wanted to blow pop it while it was warm in the sun.

Last edited by heaviest; 10-06-2020 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:19 PM

inbox_pm is on a distinguished road
heaviest, cool story! An overinflated toys really looks great and excitive A mats never pops loudly under me yet, only on seams, a small hole appears and toy slowly deflates. It's easy to repair and inflate again One time a Bestway-2007 seashell deflates under me just in the sea. It have a 3 valves, and one of the main parts pops, not a pillow. Of course, at home I repaired it.
Another seashell, that i have, is even more vintage, made by Sunco in 90-s. I bought it on our local private ads site, very cheap, and it was popped exactly on the pillow's seam. It was not very difficult to repair and now I have a beautiful vintage toy
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg IMG_6213.JPG (344.5 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4934.JPG (173.3 KB, 103 views)
Old 10-06-2020, 10:12 PM

That looks nicer than the ones I have. Mine look a lot like the Big Mouth seashell. The pillow is shaped a little different but is still bigger in the middle like the bigmouth, and I think they may be longer than the big mouth version. I'm told they're a chinese import meant to be resold in a remarketer's packaging. They're unbranded and I just got a bunch of them in a box, each in really simple packaging. The warning label is unusually brief and english-only. I have them in translucent blue and pink, and opaque light blue.

Last edited by heaviest; 10-06-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:58 PM

Danniballoon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SuTeKh View Post
Anybody else enjoy playing with an air mattress? I like to inflate them nice and firm flip them on their side and ride it. Feels amazing and they take one hell of a beating especially intex brand. Also alot of fun to ride balloons and other inflatables on them was curious if anybody else liked them as well.
I got a few used ones and had fun riding them on top of one another. I love the bodyboard, best. I rode an inflated condom on it, which felt nice
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg Airmats.jpg (88.8 KB, 115 views)