Old 18-04-2022, 05:29 PM

heaviest is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Air mattress
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
Heaviest

Just quickly reading that and you say you have lost 110 pounds and can I add well done
Thanks. I didn't intend to lose weight, but once I started I went with it bigtime. My ex has lost about 80 pounds. One of the reasons I have a super size woman with me is she wants to lose weight, too. Good idea all around, particularly with covid. She's gained about 70 pounds in two years.
Old 18-04-2022, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by heaviest View Post
THe two air mattresses survive, but look pretty beat up.
Spry Girl returned with new underwear, slung a leg onto the mattresses that had Tall Girl and me on the other end, leaned into that knee and fell on us. Laughed, tried to get onto her knees, fell again. Tried again and got stuck in a position where she was leaning heavily on one knee and couldn't move the other leg, because it was trapped by the billowing of the unloaded portion of the air mattresses. Her legs are so fat that even with one leg cocked out to the side fire hydrant style, her thighs fill the space between her legs. She couldn't lift it higher to get it over the bulging part of the inflatable.

She Laughed hysterically, couldn't move without leaning even more on the one knee, admitted that was starting to hurt, but still laughed. Fell onto her hip. Couldn't roll away from the end of the mattress we were all sinking into so much. Laughed some more.

I had to get up so she could get back up. Helped her to her feet, then back onto the mattresses. On her knees again. She wanted to bounce some more. Tried to move around and got stuck on one knee again, the other trapped on a higher, bulging part of the mattresses. I sat on the higher part, hoping to lower it. The two girls were both on the other side of the mattress, though. Spry Girl fell on Tall Girl, who was trying to kneel. I pulled them both toward me so they'd fall to my side rather than off the mattress. Spry Girl was now on top of Tall Girl, and it was only my planted foot that kept them from rolling off the mattresses, and I wasn't strong enough to hold them. I fell back so I could counterbalance some of the load when my foot lifted. It worked but we were all on the same side of the mattress, now, and the bulging other side was pushing hard to roll us all off.

BOOM!

There was suddenly less pressure, and we were bottomed out really bad. The bottom mattress had popped.

The top mattress now has two spots on one of the inner beams where the vinyl is so stretched that the whole mattress is crooked. I inflated it so it was tight again, of course! It's now the top mattress again with a fresh one underneath, very fully inflated.

The bottom one blew the outer seam between the white and clear printed vinyl halves. THe printed clear vinyl there is so stretched the print is barely recognizable. I'd love to have seen that before it blew. The pillow of the popped mattress is also so stretched the print is distorted, but it didn't pop there.

The same, outer beam of the top mattress is considerably larger than the other beams, except the one that is stretched the most by knees. That one is distorted badly, swollen and puckered where it is stretched the most. There are two other big knee stretches, and some other distortions that have the whole thing twisted and un-straight. That mattress looks like it's had giants wrestling on it...because it has! lol

Tall Girl says that with all of us on the same side of the mattresses, and Spry Girl on top of her, she was bottomed out on her thigh, half her butt, and half her back, all the way to her shoulder. SHe was bottomed out through both mattresses, over a patch that large. That much air was displaced to the other side of the mattress. Yummy!

Last edited by heaviest; 18-04-2022 at 06:46 PM.
Old 18-04-2022, 07:04 PM

The girls are once again sitting on one side of the mattresses. The top one is so bloated that it wants to roll forward and dump them off. They take up the full length of the mattress. I'd otherwise sit with them. I could sit behind them, but I'd like to bottom out at least some of the side they're sitting on. They're too fat to have laps to sit on.

Tall girl gets up, I sit in her place, she sits on me. That is a really cool feeling, having your butt pressed so heavily into already tight vinyl. We push our legs forward so we have most of our weight on the inflatable and not my feet. My butt and thighs bottom out through both mattresses. The bulging mattresses behind me really want to push me off. I want to twist and roll backwards into it, but I have a 630 pound woman on my lap and can't move. I'm sunk so far into the inflatables that her hips, hanging over the sides of me because she's wider than I am, are also pressing into the inflatables.
Old 18-04-2022, 08:17 PM

And...the new bottom mattress has blown a baffle. Two of the beams have merged. That's just the girls on it. We added air once before it did that, and once after.
Old 05-05-2022, 10:32 PM

So I finally played with a slim air mat I bought from Walmart last year. I got it on clearance for 50c, but they sell normally for just $2. Well worth it.

They are the same size and design as the translucent "transparent mat" Intex used to sell, and I'm convinced they're made at the same facility. But they are different material. The bottom is opaque, semi-gloss, but the interior side of that piece of material is matte. The top material is completely transparent, and feels really thin.

The pillow measured 13 1/2 inches seam-to-seam on top and bottom, so 27 inches around. Overinflated and me sitting on the tubes but not the pillow, re-inflating as it stretches, I got it to 17 1/2 inches on top and 16 1/4 inches on bottom in my first session with it. This was a test of sturdiness, and I think these are less sturdy than the old intex mats, or even the economats. That makes them very interesting in my book! It stretched more than I remember the Intex stretching with just my weight, even overinflated.

In my second session I got the pillow to stretch to 19 inches on top and 17 1/2 inches on bottom before it developed a slow leak in the most-stressed middle seam on the pillow. I bounced and I reinflated and I folded the mat in half and bounced some more and it didn't pop. Got to be a faster but still not really fast leak. Unreal that it didn't pop.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:43 PM

Another $2 Play Day slim air mattress being tested. Adding air to keep it overinflated as it stretches, with just me on it, I got the pillow to 18 inches on the bottom and 17 1/4 on the top in perhaps forty minutes. I let a lot of air out of it and I'll let it rest over night and we'll see how much permanent stretch there is.

These things are definitely less sturdy than the Intex transparent mats, which they don't seem to sell anymore. I'm pretty certain those stopped stretching with just me on them, even while I was 110 pounds heavier. I think the walmart mats will keep going until they burst. And I think they'll burst at a less impressive size than the Intex mats. Those will keep going until they burst only with more weight than my own, but they do so impressively. Very large pillow, and very loud burst.

The Play Day mats are plenty sturdy enough for people small enough to float on them.

Last edited by heaviest; 08-05-2022 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:41 PM

Before bed I overinflated the Play Day mat and laid on it, and reinflated it, until the pillow was 18 inches on top and 18 1/2 inches on bottom, and then let it rest overnight, deflated until very soft. I reinflated it this morning and the pillow measured 16 inches on top, 16 1/2 on bottom, so there was a total of 5 1/2 inches of permanent stretch. Then I overinflated it and laid on it until it was 18 and 18 1/2 again. It is resting again. I'll probably stretch it until it pops later today.

Ideally I'd be able to lay on this thing for a couple hours without popping it. Don't seem to be able to do that without bottoming out, though. It just keeps stretching and stretching.

added...

19 3/4 inches and 20 1/4 inches, so far, and again recovering. That's a 13-inch stretch. I'm going to have to look and see if I ever measured the stretch of an Intex transparent mat.

added...

20 1/4 inches and 20 1/2 inches, and it developed a leak. Didn't pop. A 13 3/4 inch stretch. The blue material on the bottom half of the pillow became a bit translucent and had streaks in it as the vinyl stretched unevenly. It was lovely. Disappointed it didn't pop.

Last edited by heaviest; 10-05-2022 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:31 PM

Tall Girl and Spry Girl are on a stack of two double air mattresses once again. Using them as a couch. Sitting on one side of them with the other side bulging behind them it does look like they're sitting on a couch. Tall Girl only outweighs me by 150 pounds, so it must do that while I'm on it with Spry Girl, too, but hot damn, it's exciting to see the two of them on inflatables!