Old 29-05-2022, 01:49 AM

heaviest is on a distinguished road
Default trash-picked two inflatable ottomans
A friend dumpster-dived for two fully-inflated inflatable ottomans for me. Nothing special. One chamber, inner baffle, only a little heavier than beach ball material. Looks like something target would sell but I don't see one like it anywhere. I'll watch if some chairs follow lol.

They hold me for several minutes, not abusing them. Stretched a lot but not as much as a beach ball, and they recovered. They are square on top and bottom, but pretty round on the sides. Only one seam on the sides.

Last edited by heaviest; 29-05-2022 at 02:20 AM.
Old 29-05-2022, 05:45 AM

Default Re: trash-picked two inflatable ottomans
No chairs, but on closer look, there were two more ottomans. One already popped, the side seam split nearly top to bottom, and the other one deflated but it holds air. Thing is, the good one is really stretched, and very unevenly. More so than the one I've been sitting on.

The stretched one is noticeably larger than the the one I've been sitting on, and the one I've been sitting on is noticeably larger than the one I haven't been sitting on.
Old 29-05-2022, 06:02 PM

Newly appearing in the dumpster, an unopened double air mattress, a loose double air mattress with no obvious damage, another with a tear around the end of one of the inner baffles, an opened but almost-back-in-the-box three-ring island float, a 47 inch swim ring with a short split in the inner seam, a popped 36 inch swim ring and several unopened ones, an unopened 42 inch beach ball, several unopened 24 inch balls, and three more ottomans, one popped and two folded so neatly they are probably unused.

Also in the same boxes is a whole bunch of men's...stuff, and both men's and women's clothing. Hers are very plus size but probably too small for the women I know, his are too big for me, even pre weight loss. Dude was large.

There was a working guitar pedal and guitar tuner. Some potentially useful gaming stuff. A crapload of nutritional supplements, some unopened.
Old 30-05-2022, 10:11 PM

One more unused ottoman in the boxes, and another used but deflated one, seems intact but stretched. Not as stretched as the other one I found, but maybe about as much as the one I've been on.

I wish I could find one in its packaging because I can't find these anywhere and I'm curious if they are even rated to be sat on. They feel like beach ball material, and the seams aren't special. The closest I've found is a chinese import that is this shape, but has the valve and warning label in a different location. The ones I have have just the tiniest warning label. No branding, and all unwrapped. I wonder if the previous owner bought a box of chinese imports, like I have for the sea-shell float.

Round inflatable ottomans like these are easier to find. I have videos of heavy women sitting on them, blowing up beach balls. One of the women is 350-ish pounds and the other 450-ish.

My unused ottomans are about 22 inches across at the widest, inflated. They are rounded square in shape. The top and bottom have rounded corners, and the sides are rounder than that.

The one I've been sitting on is now 27 inches across when it recovers from the weight, inflated to the same hardness as a fully but not overinflated new one. The sides are almost completely round. Put next to an unused one, it looks like they made these in two different sizes, except that mine is unevenly stretched, and more rounded.

The really stretched one that I haven't been on is about 28 1/2 inches across. It's noticeably larger than the one I've stretched but mine is getting closer.

When I'm on it, it gets a lot wider, naturally. Possibly wide enough that Spry Girl wouldn't be wider than it is, particularly with her additional 270 pounds flattening it more than I can. We're going to find out eventually. We'll do it on a proper safety popping surface, which will be a rubber stall mat, plus a spongier exercise mat, plus a double air mattress. I don't want to pop it, but I have several of these now, and I really want to see her on it.
Old 31-05-2022, 12:19 AM

While I'm on it for ten minutes it stretches to 34 inches wide, which is less than I thought. Spry Girl is bigger than that.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:48 AM

Well, I'm down one ottoman. 310 pound girl was on it for about 25 minutes and it popped. Not loud at all, but the side seam split top to bottom, and in fact it tore into the top and bottom where there wasn't a seam.

She did manage to balance on it with her feet in the air, so all of her weight was on it. Sitting like that her weight was off center and it was leaning and bulging on her feet side.

I'm a little disappointed. I thought I could bring these to the pool and sit on them, and if I kept some weight on my feet it would actually hold me, but if it won't hold 310 pounds it won't hold me even with some weight on my feet.

I hadn't been on it more than ten minutes or so, but I did that quite a few times.