What about inflating "Stretch Armstrong" toys with air?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eolgi
    • Mar 2021

What about inflating "Stretch Armstrong" toys with air?

Found this interesting video on YouTube of a Stretch Armstrong getting inflated with helium from a "Balloon Time" kit.
    Are these things strong like balloons?
    I wonder if the neck can actually be taken apart instead of having to cut a hole in one of the extremities.
    Install Raid for Free ✅ IOS/ANDROID/PC: https://clcr.me/tKztQK and get a special starter pack 💥 Available only for the next 30 daysIn today's video we are f...

There is also a TikTok trend, with the LeBron James variant getting filled with water. There is a lot of video of that in YouTube.
    This is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSzxFbMnu5I
    Last edited by eolgi; 08-06-2022, 03:53.
  • BalloonFun
    • Apr 2022

Re: What about inflating "Stretch Armstrong" toys with air?

Originally posted by eolgi
    Found this interesting video on YouTube of a Stretch Armstrong getting inflated with helium from a "Balloon Time" kit.
    Are these things strong like balloons?
    I wonder if the neck can actually be taken apart instead of having to cut a hole in one of the extremities.
    Install Raid for Free ✅ IOS/ANDROID/PC: https://clcr.me/tKztQK and get a special starter pack 💥 Available only for the next 30 daysIn today's video we are f...

There is also a TikTok trend, with the LeBron James variant getting filled with water. There is a lot of video of that in YouTube.
    This is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSzxFbMnu5I
    Whoa! Talk about "body inflation"!! Poor Stretch Armstrong!!

Comment

• SweetBouncer
      • Mar 2020

Did you know that there is a paper on how to model silicon rubber balloon molds to obtain the desired form on the the balloon.

It's pretty cool.

It's just that the video made me remember it.
      Last edited by SweetBouncer; 08-06-2022, 16:54.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
        • Nov 2016

I remember reading that paper, it made me want to try to implement the model by myself. I've always wondered if it would be feasible to simulate the balloon well enough to recover the progression how which parts of the balloon inflate at which times, especially if you could tweak the material properties to see how it affects the final shape of the balloon. I've seen people try to animate overinflation but it never looks quite right. This paper seems like it would get you close, although it might need some empirical tweaking to get it to look exactly like real balloons (the round balloon they use as an example in the paper doesn't look quite right to me).

Comment

• Axle
          • Jan 2022

anyone remember vac man? he was meant to be some sort of nemesis for stretch armstrong back in the 90s. you pump the air out of him and he's full of little beads which hold any shape you put him into. he had a thin latex outer skin. and yes i remember inflating him. it was pretty cool.
          Curiosity killed the cattex.

Comment

• BalloonFun
            • Apr 2022

Originally posted by Axle
            anyone remember vac man? he was meant to be some sort of nemesis for stretch armstrong back in the 90s. you pump the air out of him and he's full of little beads which hold any shape you put him into. he had a thin latex outer skin. and yes i remember inflating him. it was pretty cool.
            Somehow I don't remember Vac Man? I think I was too busy playing with other toys like balloons!!!

Comment

• Mutaloon
              • Nov 2018

Originally posted by BalloonFun
              Whoa! Talk about "body inflation"!! Poor Stretch Armstrong!!
              He's fine. He can pop somewhat back to normal.

I remember watching a different video involving filling him with water and other videos of him in a vacuum chamber. It makes me wonder how difficult it would be to make a humanoid shape mold of a balloon.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎