Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boom&Bust
    • Jan 2021

I recently bought 100x crystal and pastel 18" Unique's from ebay

I never knew Unique/Globos Payaso/Latex Occidental did 18" ones.

I've tried looking for information about them online but I can't find anything, so I'm guessing they're very rare? The guy that I bought them from on ebay doesn't have any more in stock.

I'm very much looking forward to getting them as I did try out some 16" Unique's back in the day and I liked them quite a lot. I think I should probably get them tomorrow.

Here's a couple of pictures of them from the listing, in the first picture they look really small, but in the second picture they look giant!

I've seen that second picture before a long time ago, but I can't remember where, can anyone ID the girls in the pic? Maybe from that I can find more information about the balloons.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg
    Last edited by Boom&Bust; 02-08-2021, 21:07.
  • racinett
    • Aug 2016

Re: I recently bought 100x crystal and pastel 18" Unique's from ebay

pretty sure unique does not make an 18" balloon....at least they never show one in their catalogue.

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

Looks like 16" Unique to me. I've seen the second photo either on an Ebay listing or on a German balloon store that used to be around many years ago.

Comment

• 12booms

Judging by the first picture I guess you bought from balloon4fun? If so, I can confirm that these are in fact U16s (at least when I ordered from him).

Comment

• Loonorm
          • Mar 2019

The girls were on an old eBay store, many years ago…

Comment

• Asclepio
            • Sep 2018

Well it is half true.
            Globos payaso made 18” latex balloons before 2010 and the stock remained till 2012 in some places of Mexico, after that they changed the formula and the models to the 16” molds.
            So yeah, there was a time where you can buy 18” loons from unique, but since 11 years ago they killed that model.
            A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• LondonLarry
              Could be a chat bot
              • Jul 2019

I bought the same. The neck is a bit shorter than the U16.

Comment

• Meililoon
                aka lyckr
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by LondonLarry
                I bought the same. The neck is a bit shorter than the U16.
                The necks of U16 have become shorter in the last few years. I've bought some both in stores here and from Balloons United two years ago and most of them have shorter necks than they used to have. It varies a bit with the color.

Comment

• Boom&Bust
                  • Jan 2021

Originally posted by 12booms
                  Judging by the first picture I guess you bought from balloon4fun? If so, I can confirm that these are in fact U16s (at least when I ordered from him).

Yes, that's the one.

Well, I don't mind too much if they're 16" as I have heard they do inflate bigger. And they actually do seem to look a LOT bigger than 16" in the pic with the two girls.

Comment

• Meililoon
                    aka lyckr
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Boom&Bust
                    Yes, that's the one.

Well, I don't mind too much if they're 16" as I have heard they do inflate bigger. And they actually do seem to look a LOT bigger than 16" in the pic with the two girls.
                    I usually end up overinflating U16s without thinking. It depends a little on the color, but many of them are still relatively soft at 16" and can easily reach 18" or more without popping, especially on the second inflation. The durability when overinflated varies though. Some will pop very easily, while others can take quite a beating.

Comment

• Boom&Bust
                      • Jan 2021

I just received them today. I daren't blow them up to 18 inches yet, but I blew a few up to 16 inches, they felt quite tight but weren't starting to develop a neck.

I'll blow them up more when I'm having a session and wearing the right ear protection.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎