Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zhilman
    • Dec 2018

Clear geo donut defect rate

Hello everyone. Last week I bought a pack of assorted geo donut jewel, which contains 5 colours, and each colour has 10 balloons. When I opened the pack, I tried blowing up the loon, and found that 8 out of 10 of the clear balloons has defects, cannot be blown up.

Is it just me or the stock is just old, knowing that geo donut is not produced already by qualatex?

Thanks!
  • yet_another_aussie
    • Dec 2019

Re: Clear geo donut defect rate

It's definitely plausible, i've had balloon packs from different brands where one colour seems to be cursed and the others OK.

FWIW I bought a pack of pink doughnuts knowing they're not made anymore and they've been OK.

Comment

• Nopops4me
      • Jun 2015

I recently received a Qualatex 16" geo blossom balloon in a multi-pack of assorted balloons from a reputable seller. When blowing it up all the sections got inflated but not to the rated 16" size. Taking a breather, I had a look at the balloon and sure enough there were thin spots at most of the seams where they fuse the sections together. Had I not stopped and had used a pump then the balloon would have popped. Probably as these blossoms (& donuts) are discontinued the the standard and quality dropped towards the end of production. Of course as most balloons are burst at the end of a party, ( ) fun use or burst whilst inflating, the flaws would not be detected. And so an early pop would be considered as the person inflating it too big.

Comment

• yet_another_aussie
        • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Nopops4me
        I recently received a Qualatex 16" geo blossom balloon in a multi-pack of assorted balloons from a reputable seller. When blowing it up all the sections got inflated but not to the rated 16" size. Taking a breather, I had a look at the balloon and sure enough there were thin spots at most of the seams where they fuse the sections together. Had I not stopped and had used a pump then the balloon would have popped. Probably as these blossoms (& donuts) are discontinued the the standard and quality dropped towards the end of production. Of course as most balloons are burst at the end of a party, ( ) fun use or burst whilst inflating, the flaws would not be detected. And so an early pop would be considered as the person inflating it too big.
        This may be why my blossoms seem to be on the small side. Didn't consider age could shrink them.

Comment

• Casey88
          lukmanrewa
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Blown2Bits
          age usually makes balloons softer and bigger instead of smaller. at the cost of durability of course.
          yes correct, somehow with Q16s this happens. Other brands such as TT17s it gets sticky during its aging and when you inflate them it does not expand do its rated size

Comment

• IILoonerII
            Banned
            • Feb 2020

I wonder why they went out of production?

Comment

• Nopops4me
              • Jun 2015

Hi there. I'm sure there are a few of you who can answer my query. How long ago (the years) that Qualatex stopped producing the Geo donut & blossom balloons.
              Also the Q24's. I missed the boat on stocking up on any of them. Now they are way out of my price range.

Comment

• zhilman
                • Dec 2018

Thanks everyone for the response!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢